ADVERTISEMENT

LOL UGA

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I think that you signed a QB who is going to finish at least second in the Heisman next year, and you are giving us highlight reels of a Wake Forest transfer who is leaving because he was going to lose his job, well, it just makes me chuckle.
That guy sucks...UGA is taking a step back on offense this coming year. At least seems that way

Last edited:
They’re not bad at all. Almost 3k yards through with 26 passing td’s, and nearly 600 yards on the ground with 6 rushing td’s. He should’ve went somewhere like Oregon though. They would know how to utilize his talents much better than Kirby. Trust me, the game against UGA will be much harder with him at qb, than facing whoever their second string is currently. This pickup will also more than likely solidify UGA as the favorite (from a media perspective) to win the East this year.

He completed 47% of his passes the last 5 games. And the majority of his stats (16 TD’s) came against the cupcakes on their schedule. He was also benched multiple times this year.

Huh? For real? A Wake Forest QB? Check his stats from this year. Not really that impressive. So going from Fromm to Newman is an upgrade? That homerism at its finest.

010_Newman_old.png

Huh? For real? A Wake Forest QB? Check his stats from this year. Not really that impressive. So going from Fromm to Newman is an upgrade? That homerism at its finest.
I never said anything of the kind. But 28 tds and 8 ints surrounded by 2-3 star athletes is fairly impressive. Throw in his running threat (578 yards /5 tds) and we have a very serviceable QB stepping in.....more especially with 4-5 stars as an accompanying act. Did I mention his leadership traits? You're selling Newman short....you'll see! Gata Kirby!

He completed 47% of his passes the last 5 games. And the majority of his stats (16 TD’s) came against the cupcakes on their schedule. He was also benched multiple times this year.

CKS should probably start Stetson Bennett or incoming freshman Beck but chances are when Newman is surrounded with Kirby's talent he'll be just fine........ Newman was a grad transfer....but love the delusion that he's running from competition.

CKS should probably start Stetson Bennett or incoming freshman Beck but chances are when Newman is surrounded with Kirby's talent he'll be just fine........ Newman was a grad transfer....but love the delusion that he's running from competition.

Delusion is you convincing yourself that a Wake reject is your savior. And yes I’m aware he’s a grad transfer. He left in part because he was going to have to compete for his job; he was benched multiple times this year. And oh...the Kang would have had to rely on ex-walk-on Stetson Bennet or a true freshman Beck without Newman? No way! Sounds like shitty recruiting to me. But that would be impossible for the recruiting champs.

Also, so you’re sure to see it for a seasond time:

Here are some of Newman’s awesome stats from last year:

Michigan State: 12-27, 175 yards, 44.4%
Syracuse: 6-13, 71 yards, 46%
Duke: 14-25, 285 yards, 60%
Clemson: 6-14, 41 yards, 42.9%
VT: 16-35, 238 yards, 45.7%

And benched multiple times. 11 of his 26 TD’s came against Utah State, Rice, and Elon. So he had 15 TD’s against the remaining 12 P-5 schools, or an average of 1 TD a game.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
2017 opposing fans say Fromm sucks
2018 opposing fans say Fromm sucks
2019 opposing fans say Fromm sucks
2020 opposing fans say Fromm was a leader and can’t be replaced

We will be hiring a new co-oc/QB coach soon - likely from NFL - to tweak our offense a bit, and defense will better than this season.

We will be hiring a new co-oc/QB coach soon - likely from NFL - to tweak our offense a bit, and defense will better than this season.

- 2017 UGA fans say Fromm is better than Eason, a future 1st round pick
- 2018 UGA fans say Fromm is better than Fields, Heisman trophy finalist and future 1st round pick
- 2019 proves their statements from 2017 and 2018 wrong
- 2020 UGA fans say Fromm isn’t any better than a Wake Forest reject who was benched multiple times.

See a pattern yet? Extreme homerism that’s almost always wrong.

Reactions: fsumc
And Fromm is overrated for the record. But y’all didn’t wanna hear that the last two seasons. And now that he’s gone he’s suddenly no better than some bum from Wake Forest lol. For as overrated as he is Fromm will still be at least a 2nd round pick. Meanwhile Newman was in and out of the lineup at Wake Forest for shitty play. Sad how quickly y’all turn on your legends.

- 2017 UGA fans say Fromm is better than Eason, a future 1st round pick
- 2018 UGA fans say Fromm is better than Fields, Heisman trophy finalist and future 1st round pick
- 2019 proves their statements from 2017 and 2018 wrong
- 2020 UGA fans say Fromm isn’t any better than a Wake Forest reject who was benched multiple times.

See a pattern yet? Extreme homerism that’s almost always wrong.
I haven’t seen anyone say Fromm isn’t better than Newman. I wanted Fromm back. You can’t just make stuff up to fit your narrative.

And Fromm is overrated for the record. But y’all didn’t wanna hear that the last two seasons. And now that he’s gone he’s suddenly no better than some bum from Wake Forest lol. For as overrated as he is Fromm will still be at least a 2nd round pick. Meanwhile Newman was in and out of the lineup at Wake Forest for shitty play. Sad how quickly y’all turn on your legends.
He’s 3-0 against UF but overrated? There was a big sigh of relief amongst my gator friends when he declared.

He’s 3-0 against UF but overrated? There was a big sigh of relief amongst my gator friends when he declared.
There it is! It always starts and ends with UF for you guys. There is more to legendary status than beating a rival. LOL regional.

Is UF the only game on your schedule? And yes he’s overrated. He has a losing record when he has 30 or more passing attempts. In other words, the more he was asked to do the lower your chance of winning. That is the definition of being overrated.

I haven’t seen anyone say Fromm isn’t better than Newman. I wanted Fromm back. You can’t just make stuff up to fit your narrative.

I’ve heard it since yesterday up here on the radio and in the Fromm thread there’s already multiple fans hyping up Newman. Almost to a man it’s all the same thing. “We have a QB that can run and make plays with his legs that Fromm couldn’t make!” The implication is that he’s an upgrade to Fromm. I have a feeling y’all are about to be severely disappointed. Quote it if you need to.

Clearly since this guy is a grad transfer he’ll be in the same category as Mayfield, Murray, Burrow, and Fields. Why is UGA dipping into the pros like LSU did to upgrade their OC position? I thought all those recruiting titles and best coaching staff in the country was enough? Are you guys slowly coming to realize that developing all that talent is just as important as recruiting it?

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Here are some of Newman’s awesome stats from last year:

Michigan State: 12-27, 175 yards, 44.4%
Syracuse: 6-13, 71 yards, 46%
Duke: 14-25, 285 yards, 60%
Clemson: 6-14, 41 yards, 42.9%
VT: 16-35, 238 yards, 45.7%

And benched multiple times. 11 of his 26 TD’s came against Utah State, Rice, and Elon. So he had 15 TD’s against the remaining 12 P-5 schools, or an average of 1 TD a game.

oozie,

Good work; liked your post !

I always wondered why 2 Power 5 Schools ran Mark Richt off, then I saw this comment -

Mark Richt: Jamie Newman ‘will be the best QB in the SEC'

Now I know !

LOL

I’ve heard it since yesterday up here on the radio and in the Fromm thread there’s already multiple fans hyping up Newman. Almost to a man it’s all the same thing. “We have a QB that can run and make plays with his legs that Fromm couldn’t make!” The implication is that he’s an upgrade to Fromm. I have a feeling y’all are about to be severely disappointed. Quote it if you need to.
There are several UGA fans that want our offense to evolve, and I think that’s what’s going to happen moving forward. I don’t think he’s an upgrade over Fromm, but I do think the running ability he brings to the table will help us early on as our new OL tries to gel. It’ll be interesting to see how next season plays out. I know one thing, our defense is going to be lights out.

Reactions: superdawg51
There are several UGA fans that want our offense to evolve, and I think that’s what’s going to happen moving forward. I don’t think he’s an upgrade over Fromm, but I do think the running ability he brings to the table will help us early on as our new OL tries to gel. It’ll be interesting to see how next season plays out. I know one thing, our defense is going to be lights out.

One of the reasons your defense was good last year is because you ran an offense designed to make them look good. Ball control, eat clock, limit possessions. When you couldn't do that against LSU, look what happened.

Next year, your offense is going to take a step back. How could you not? New QB, either a transfer or true Frosh, either way new in your system. You only have one returning WR with a pulse, so are going to be relying on true Frosh there. Four new starters on the offensive line. A new RB, the most likely starter a guy who has had two ACL injuries already. I mean, take a step back and look at it. If this was any other team, what would you say about them? Say it about yourself too. Be honest with it for once.

So your offense won't be able to assist the defense. We know what that looks like, from the Muschamp years. It's a lot of close but no cigar.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax

Several? 10? 20? Any reasonable fan will see your O is going backwards and ours is moving forward. Expect trouble in Jax next year, sonny!

Florida's team is going backwards in 2020 with the loss of talent on defense, the loss of wr and te production and the poor classes signed in 2017 and 2018.

Ugas offense may take a step back but our defense isnt. The disney gators chanting Mullen's name will soon be an endangered species.

Reactions: Jaxbchdawg
Florida's team is going backwards in 2020 with the loss of talent on defense, the loss of wr and te production and the poor classes signed in 2017 and 2018.

Ugas offense may take a step back but our defense isnt. The disney gators chanting Mullen's name will soon be an endangered species.
40 years and counting.......

Reactions: Terry02
That's all you got? Meanwhile Mullen's ceiling is 2nd in the east and a ny6 bowl.

The narrative in jax has been flipped, you guys sound more and more like our fans in the 90s.

Fla football 1990 - 2009...RIP

Reactions: Jaxbchdawg
That's all you got? Meanwhile Mullen's ceiling is 2nd in the east and a ny6 bowl.

The narrative in jax has been flipped, you guys sound more and more like our fans in the 90s.

Fla football 1990 - 2009...RIP

2nd in the east,two ny6 bowls, and two top ten finishes after ten shit years of football.

Im not so spoiled and deluded that i won't take that as a step in the correct direction.

Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: Terry02
Several? 10? 20? Any reasonable fan will see your O is going backwards and ours is moving forward. Expect trouble in Jax next year, sonny!
So our offense was terrible, but your offense wasn’t ranked much higher. Explain please.

We heard the same thing last year and it didn’t work out well for ya. I don’t think your offense made it to the red zone until mid 4th quarter against us. I expect more of the same in Jax.

One of the reasons your defense was good last year is because you ran an offense designed to make them look good. Ball control, eat clock, limit possessions. When you couldn't do that against LSU, look what happened.

Next year, your offense is going to take a step back. How could you not? New QB, either a transfer or true Frosh, either way new in your system. You only have one returning WR with a pulse, so are going to be relying on true Frosh there. Four new starters on the offensive line. A new RB, the most likely starter a guy who has had two ACL injuries already. I mean, take a step back and look at it. If this was any other team, what would you say about them? Say it about yourself too. Be honest with it for once.

So your offense won't be able to assist the defense. We know what that looks like, from the Muschamp years. It's a lot of close but no cigar.
Our defense was good because we have a great defensive minded coach and elite players. LSU whooped us, but they only had 17 points midway through the 3rd quarter until the defense couldn’t hold up any longer. Offense was hot garbage that night without any real receiver threats. Nothing went right, including losing Dom Block to an ACL injury. I think the offense will be improved next year.

I like your optimism, but when you recruit at our level the drop off isn’t as big as you’re hoping for...

Reactions: superdawg51
Our defense was good because we have a great defensive minded coach and elite players. LSU whooped us, but they only had 17 points midway through the 3rd quarter until the defense couldn’t hold up any longer. Offense was hot garbage that night without any real receiver threats. Nothing went right, including losing Dom Block to an ACL injury. I think the offense will be improved next year.

I like your optimism, but when you recruit at our level the drop off isn’t as big as you’re hoping for...

"I think the offense will be improved next year".

That, that was a joke, right?

New QB, new OL, new RB with 2 bad wheels, only one semiproven WR.

Your offense is going to SUCK BALLS next year.

But you do admit your defense ran out of gas against LSU. Well, get used to it, that's going to happen 5+ times in 2020.

This is going to be your mantra at the end of games next year: "C'mon guys, we just need a stop here and we can win this...oh dammit NOOOOOO!"

As I said, we know how it works, we had Muschamp.

We lost 4 guys of note on defense. 2 of them were injured for large portions of the season. They guys behind them showed they could ball as well. Not concerned about the defense.

On offense, we bring back 4/5 of the O line. Expect improvement there. QB is back. Expect improvement there. We lost several top WR's but have several more returning.

We will, at worst, hold serve. But UGa is poised for a HUGE step backward. Your offense is decimated. Your defense looks good, but a defense without an offense just means low scoring losses. Enjoy them!

I gave you a reasonable post and you gave me back delusion and blind homerism. smh

Newman is not that good of a QB. I find it kind of funny that UGA fans are relying on a Wake Forest QB to be their savior. The homerism by UGA fans is reaching epic levels.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

So you are counting on an unknown coach to come in and magically fix your offense, and you are confident that is going to happen, because, um, exactly why?

Oh, and defense won't be better. Best you accept that now. Have you seen your losses over there? 4 guys on the Dline? Clark, Carter, Barnett and Marshall? That's a lot of run stopping beef. Defenses weak up the middle are weak overall.

No, Georgia, you had your moment in the sun. It's over. When you fall back into the pack, the recruits will realize Shart is selling fools gold. I hope you enjoyed your flirtation with the top 5.

So our offense was terrible, but your offense wasn’t ranked much higher. Explain please.

We heard the same thing last year and it didn’t work out well for ya. I don’t think your offense made it to the red zone until mid 4th quarter against us. I expect more of the same in Jax.

umm....I am referring to next year, dude. You lose a qb, olinemen, receivers. We keep our qb, experienced lineman..hope that helps. Stop being such a homer and talking in vague generalities like you do. It is boring. Our team and O is on an upward trajectory after several poor years with bad coaches, Your team has plateaued . great recruits..so so coaching. My honest take....

Reactions: gatordad3

Eh, reach and you know it. Coming into the season you told us UGA had the best offensive line in the country, the best running backs in the country, and a veteran QB. By contrast UF replaced 4 offensive lineman from the year before, by the third game was playing a QB that hadn’t started since middle school, and couldn’t run the ball against anybody and we still ended up with a better offense than you did. Saying after the fact “well your offense wasn’t ranked much higher” is a cop out. It shouldn’t have been ranked higher at all because your team even on offense was far more talented. That points to lack of coaching.

UF was 20th in yards per play, UGA was 48th. Points per game UF was 34th, UGA was 61st. Pass offense UF was 15th, UGA was 76th. UF’s offense wasn’t just ranked a little higher, it was much better despite having one of the worst offensive lines in the country. If anybody had told you that would have happened before the season you’d have laughed. Eventually y’all will wake up and realize your coaches are short changing you.

So when can we expect that natty? The rally cry was 4 in 5 years, well that was 3 seasons ago, so now what?

Eh, reach and you know it. Coming into the season you told us UGA had the best offensive line in the country, the best running backs in the country, and a veteran QB. By contrast UF replaced 4 offensive lineman from the year before, by the third game was playing a QB that hadn’t started since middle school, and couldn’t run the ball against anybody and we still ended up with a better offense than you did. Saying after the fact “well your offense wasn’t ranked much higher” is a cop out. It shouldn’t have been ranked higher at all because your team even on offense was far more talented. That points to lack of coaching.

UF was 20th in yards per play, UGA was 48th. Points per game UF was 34th, UGA was 61st. Pass offense UF was 15th, UGA was 76th. UF’s offense wasn’t just ranked a little higher, it was much better despite having one of the worst offensive lines in the country. If anybody had told you that would have happened before the season you’d have laughed. Eventually y’all will wake up and realize your coaches are short changing you.
WOW! So true! Pretty funny looking back on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT