ADVERTISEMENT

Lockdowns had little or no impact on COVID-19 deaths, new study shows

WW HEISENBERG

Green Machine
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2006
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/jan/31/lockdowns-had-little-or-no-impact-covid-19-deaths-/

Lockdowns in the U.S. and Europe had little or no impact in reducing deaths from COVID-19, according to a new analysis by researchers at Johns Hopkins University.

The lockdowns during the early phase of the pandemic in 2020 reduced COVID-19 mortality by about 0.2%, said the broad review of multiple scientific studies.

“We find no evidence that lockdowns, school closures, border closures, and limiting gatherings have had a noticeable effect on COVID-19 mortality,” the researchers wrote.

But the research paper said lockdowns did have “devastating effects” on the economy and contributed to numerous social ills.

“They have contributed to reducing economic activity, raising unemployment, reducing schooling, causing political unrest, contributing to domestic violence, and undermining liberal democracy,” the report said.

“Lockdowns have limited peoples’ access to safe (outdoor) places such as beaches, parks, and zoos, or included outdoor mask mandates or strict outdoor gathering restrictions, pushing people to meet at less safe (indoor) places,” they wrote. “Indeed, we do find some evidence that limiting gatherings was counterproductive and increased COVID-19 mortality.”

What a complete clown show

I saw this study last night and my immediate reaction was the credibility in coming from Johns Hopkins. The history books are going to be unkind, or should be, to the politicians who made decisions, especially after the first year when we had more knowledge, not based on what was best for citizens, especially children, but to satisfy their own political agendas.

I saw this study last night and my immediate reaction was the credibility in coming from Johns Hopkins. The history books are going to be unkind, or should be, to the politicians who made decisions, especially after the first year when we had more knowledge, not based on what was best for citizens, especially children, but to satisfy their own political agendas.
And we have emails showing Fauci and Collin’s discrediting The Great Barrington Declaration with no scientific backing.

Fauci did not follow the science.

I'm sure lockdowns actually increased the number of deaths.

I'm sure it also increased the number of suicides. It definitely increased the financial ruin in this country.

But that also set us up to have this wonderful 'growing' economy that @CFAGator is so enamored with.

What is NOT surprising to see is that our resident snowflakes are nowhere to be found in this thread...the Fauci lovers. HE SGHOULD BE FIRED IMMEDIATLEY. He has not got ONE thing right since this started. Masks/no masks, Vaccines preventing infection, 15 days to flatten the curve, wash you hands(does next to ZERO to stop the spread) 6foot rule, Bats starting the pandemic, vaccine not complete by years end, gain of function research. NOT ONE THING he has got right. Someone should actually sue him....he cost lives...and THOUSANDS of businesses to go under

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/jan/31/lockdowns-had-little-or-no-impact-covid-19-deaths-/

Lockdowns in the U.S. and Europe had little or no impact in reducing deaths from COVID-19, according to a new analysis by researchers at Johns Hopkins University.

The lockdowns during the early phase of the pandemic in 2020 reduced COVID-19 mortality by about 0.2%, said the broad review of multiple scientific studies.

“We find no evidence that lockdowns, school closures, border closures, and limiting gatherings have had a noticeable effect on COVID-19 mortality,” the researchers wrote.

But the research paper said lockdowns did have “devastating effects” on the economy and contributed to numerous social ills.

“They have contributed to reducing economic activity, raising unemployment, reducing schooling, causing political unrest, contributing to domestic violence, and undermining liberal democracy,” the report said.

“Lockdowns have limited peoples’ access to safe (outdoor) places such as beaches, parks, and zoos, or included outdoor mask mandates or strict outdoor gathering restrictions, pushing people to meet at less safe (indoor) places,” they wrote. “Indeed, we do find some evidence that limiting gatherings was counterproductive and increased COVID-19 mortality.”

This comes as no surprise but expects the lefties to bury it.

Reactions: WW HEISENBERG
What is NOT surprising to see is that our resident snowflakes are nowhere to be found in this thread...the Fauci lovers. HE SGHOULD BE FIRED IMMEDIATLEY. He has not got ONE thing right since this started. Masks/no masks, Vaccines preventing infection, 15 days to flatten the curve, wash you hands(does next to ZERO to stop the spread) 6foot rule, Bats starting the pandemic, vaccine not complete by years end, gain of function research. NOT ONE THING he has got right. Someone should actually sue him....he cost lives...and THOUSANDS of businesses to go under
What will really blow your mind is that he ****ed up the AIDS epidemic and yet he’s one of the highest paid public employees.

Reactions: WW HEISENBERG
In the beginning, they locked down my local State Park, where we go to walk trails and watch nature.

After a couple of weeks of the parks being closed, I sent Gov DeSantis an email explaining how it had affected me and others that use that park on a near daily basis. I asked him to please reopen the Florida State Parks.

About a week or 10 day later, the Parks reopened and have remained open since then.
He would have gotten my vote again on that alone, but he's done so much more for my state.
😍

Well, to be fair, it’s a meta-analysis of a literature review which is about the weakest level of evidence/research you can get, but I’ve never been a big proponent of long-term lockdowns anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT