ADVERTISEMENT

LDR Out for USCjr Game

GatorGray

Bull Gator
Apr 3, 2002
Injured his shoulder in the first half, never told the coaches. Out indefinitely.

Last edited:
Whoa. Austin Appleby time. I sense something... in the future... i foresee... excuses...
I envision rampant use of the phrase "I don't make excuses, but..."

200.gif

Happened before the long interception at goal line.
I'm sorry, but this isn't being "tough", it is being selfish. Hurt the team immensely.

Reactions: sadgator
Happened before the long interception at goal line.
I'm sorry, but this isn't being "tough", it is being selfish. Hurt the team immensely.

Same thing with those stupid throws to Callaway downfield when he's double covered. He's trying to prove he can go downfield, instead of moving the offense.

Sorry, but they can't play BACKUP Appleby, because it's already been well established that a backup QB is just not any good, it's impossible... :rolleyes:

The reason given for starting Del Rio over Appleby was that Del Rio had been in "the system" longer and knew it better than Appleby. But it doesn't matter how well you know the offensive playbook if you can't make the reads AND the throws. Del Rio has proven that he can do neither with any kind of consistency. Sort of like Driskell, except Driskell could run and had a stronger arm. Apparently Driskell lit it up in practice, but in the pressure of a real game he just couldn't perform. May be the same with Del Rio.

The reason given for starting Del Rio over Appleby was that Del Rio had been in "the system" longer and knew it better than Appleby. But it doesn't matter how well you know the offensive playbook if you can't make the reads AND the throws. Del Rio has proven that he can do neither with any kind of consistency. Sort of like Driskell, except Driskell could run and had a stronger arm. Apparently Driskell lit it up in practice, but in the pressure of a real game he just couldn't perform. May be the same with Del Rio.

Driskel definitely had deer-in-headlight syndrome. You could just see the gears slowly turning in his head as he sat there in the pocket and defensive ends crashed into him.

Del Rio I think suffers more from small-man's/unathletic man's disease. He's been told since high school that he's not a big time quarterback, and I think he really wants to prove everyone wrong, by showing he can sling the ball around. Problem is that he cannot.

I'm sure science will be studying for years all the various ways our quarterbacks have sucked since 2009. Like snowflakes, no two sucked quite the same, yet they all sucked equally badly.

Reactions: jamminjethro
I'm curious what type of injury LDR has that would let him take a beating against Ark and finish the game, but be out indefinitely the following week.

Damn something smells fishy! #I DON'T BUY IT

And the reports are saying the coaches knew in the 2nd quarter. And now he might be out for the year? So his injury was so bad he might be out for the year but he could play two more quarters on it? I'm not sure I buy that either. Just seems like a benching to me.

The reason given for starting Del Rio over Appleby was that Del Rio had been in "the system" longer and knew it better than Appleby. .

IMOHO, Happyby was nothing more than a dog & pony show to confirm LDR as the starter, and as an excuse to keep the 2 Fr out of the games so as to not give LDR any 'real competition' for the job. o_O

LDR such a bogus person. He didn't injure crap. He knows hes not the starting QB so he is making excuses!!! He didn't get inured, he's making excuses.

If Appleby throws a pick on the first series, or can't move the ball, and we don't at least try one of the freshmen...sadgator is going to seriously lose his shit.

If you do lose it, just look in the dunny for it.... :D

"If Appleby throws a pick on the first series, or can't move the ball, and we don't at least try one of the freshmen...sadgator is going to seriously lose his shit."

I'm actually more interested to see how long of a leash Mac gives Appleby. If LDR can stink it up for 4 straight weeks without being benched for even a damn series, then surely Appleby should be given the same courtesy to work the rust off.

If he does pull the redshirt off one of the freshman this late in the season, he better damn well make sure we go to ATL. Anything short of an East title after putting Franks or Trask out there would be completely moronic imo. I know some believe that the freshman need reps in advance of next year and I understand the logic, but I just can't see the benefit in week 9 of the season.

The chances of Del Rio seeing the field next year are minuscule at best, so the freshman have plenty of time to battle it out in the spring and fall camps next year.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
Now little LDR is hurt.
Really? LOL

Only thing that was hurt was his and Mac's egos.

Last edited:

that's what he deserves, to still have his name spelled wrong after starting for 3 years...

LDR has a QBR of 42. Same as Driskel in 13-14 (where he only played 3 games) and worst than 12' Driskel, Murphy, and Treon. Much worse. And when you consider how bad the defenses we've played have been it really puts into perspective how bad he really is. And to think, apparently the coaches would have started him last year over Grier if he was eligible lol. Must be the same evaluations that has Trask better than any 5-star he's seen.

*looking at Nuss*

"If Appleby throws a pick on the first series, or can't move the ball, and we don't at least try one of the freshmen...sadgator is going to seriously lose his shit."

I'm actually more interested to see how long of a leash Mac gives Appleby. If LDR can stink it up for 4 straight weeks without being benched for even a damn series, then surely Appleby should be given the same courtesy to work the rust off.

If he does pull the redshirt off one of the freshman this late in the season, he better damn well make sure we go to ATL. Anything short of an East title after putting Franks or Trask out there would be completely moronic imo. I know some believe that the freshman need reps in advance of next year and I understand the logic, but I just can't see the benefit in week 9 of the season.

The chances of Del Rio seeing the field next year are minuscule at best, so the freshman have plenty of time to battle it out in the spring and fall camps next year.

The freshmen are gonna be in a tough spot regardless. The question is which spot do you want? Because having them make their first start next year in Jerry's World in front of 100k against a likely top 5 Michigan team spells disaster.

Think about how valuable the next 3 games AND 15 bowl practices getting 1st team reps plus the bowl game would be. You'd speed up yheir learning curve. So the question is do you want to get your brains beat in this year with QB's who won't be playing next year therefore wasting valuable reps or do you want to get your brains beat in this year with freshman and have some kind of payoff in a crucial year 3? Seems like an easy choice to me. Our coaches used to tell us all the time, if an underclassman is close or equal to you I'm playing him because he's coming back next year. It doesn't make any sense to invest time in somebody who can't move the program forward as an upperclassman.

Reactions: jamminjethro
LDR has a QBR of 42. Same as Driskel in 13-14 (where he only played 3 games) and worst than 12' Driskel, Murphy, and Treon. Much worse. And when you consider how bad the defenses we've played have been it really puts into perspective how bad he really is. And to think, apparently the coaches would have started him last year over Grier if he was eligible lol. Must be the same evaluations that has Trask better than any 5-star he's seen.

*looking at Nuss*

Thats because their offensive philosophy leads to a game manager being the effective role of the QB. Mac and Nuss have yet to realize the 1970s are almost half a century behind us.

Michi-ooozzziieeee are now both CHANNELING iG,,,,, OMG!!! :eek: -- The END is near! Has to be..:cool:

Nuss is the primary issue with the offense. Mac supposedly trusts him a lot and gives him free reign. It was lesser comp but Colorado St.'s offense didn't look like this. Nuss just know what the hell he's doing recruiting or calling a game. Once things go off script he has no answers.

Agreed

insta- you spent the summer and first few weeks of the season trying to get me to buy into Mac and Nuss, what changed

My one diss on this coaching staff has not changed since the Spring game.
Do try and pay attention instead of just attempting to pick cherries so often... o_O

I still like this coaching staff overall. My one hit on them has not changed. :cool:

The freshmen are gonna be in a tough spot regardless. The question is which spot do you want? Because having them make their first start next year in Jerry's World in front of 100k against a likely top 5 Michigan team spells disaster.

Think about how valuable the next 3 games AND 15 bowl practices getting 1st team reps plus the bowl game would be. You'd speed up yheir learning curve. So the question is do you want to get your brains beat in this year with QB's who won't be playing next year therefore wasting valuable reps or do you want to get your brains beat in this year with freshman and have some kind of payoff in a crucial year 3? Seems like an easy choice to me. Our coaches used to tell us all the time, if an underclassman is close or equal to you I'm playing him because he's coming back next year. It doesn't make any sense to invest time in somebody who can't move the program forward as an upperclassman.

Well Michigan actually loses more starters then we do after this season and has to really rebuild. Our offense will have most starters returning while they will have hardly any starters returning on defense but he probably has some good recruits to take over at Michigan.

I just don't know if starting a true freshman at LSU this year would be a good idea if Appleby struggles against SC. I wish Franks would have been put in earlier in the season.

Well Michigan actually loses more starters then we do after this season and has to really rebuild. Our offense will have most starters returning while they will have hardly any starters returning on defense but he probably has some good recruits to take over at Michigan.

I just don't know if starting a true freshman at LSU this year would be a good idea if Appleby struggles against SC. I wish Franks would have been put in earlier in the season.

Michigan will still roll in with one of the best DL in the country and a coach on the level of Meyer and Saban with as good of a staff as there is in the country. Michigan will abuse us next year unless something really unexpected happens

Thats because their offensive philosophy leads to a game manager being the effective role of the QB. Mac and Nuss have yet to realize the 1970s are almost half a century behind us.
I don't think that's exactingly right...we don't have great players...their system is fine if you got the right players. If you want to be the best then you need to have the best. We need a new coach...if we want to be elite again we need someone that's going to bring in the best stuff. Period...we don't have it and we aren't going to get it either. We have a new AD, this a big change for me, but fire Mac and being in someone else...now that we have a new AD...wipe your hands. I like Mac but he's not the guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT