ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Burrows says ODB was handing out real cash after the game

Evil,

Think they will have to forfeit the Nattie ? LOL
Course not. but in this day and age of a camera on every phone, theoretically they could find evidence of players picking up the money. make them sit out for the first half of sisters of the poor, but frankly the farther the ncaa is the better I like them. plus kids are stupid.

The NCAA is a freaking joke...what are they going to do...take couple of scholarships away over 10 years? Fine some college pennies on what they make?

Not the first time kids got cash handed to them I'm sure.

Reactions: PacoGator19
You really think the NCAA is gonna drop the hammer on LSU cause a moron former player handed out some benjamins? The NCAA is scared to death the top conferences are about to leave them completely as is.

This is a good point. If the NCAA did want to (i.e. felt compelled to stay in line with its ridiculous sanctimony to this point) look into it though, the question is was he texting/tweeting, etc... with those guys before hand saying: $100 for a natty/sack/td, etc... that could get a little sticky.

But it does seem like the NCAA is out of the sanctimonious and counter productive enforcement of ridiculous rules. Doesn’t Bill Self have like a show cause ban coming? I think he’s going to pull the George Constanta and just keep showing up to work.

This is a good point. If the NCAA did want to (i.e. felt compelled to stay in line with its ridiculous sanctimony to this point) look into it though, the question is was he texting/tweeting, etc... with those guys before hand saying: $100 for a natty/sack/td, etc... that could get a little sticky.

The NCAA could have shut Ole Miss down if they wanted to, they barely got a slap on the wrist.

And the NCAA had former Auburn players going on HBO claiming they were paid 'bags of cash' for sacks in the 2005 Iron Bowl. NCAA did nothing, even during the Cam Newton investigation.

I think we've seen the last meaningful NCAA investigation of a power 5 school.

Reactions: PacoGator19
The NCAA could have shut Ole Miss down if they wanted to, they barely got a slap on the wrist.

And the NCAA had former Auburn players going on HBO claiming they were paid 'bags of cash' for sacks in the 2005 Iron Bowl. NCAA did nothing, even during the Cam Newton investigation.

I think we've seen the last meaningful NCAA investigation of a power 5 school.
Yep Ole Miss should have got nailed. They didn’t do much at all.

Question and pardon me if I'm dumb to this rule.

Can seniors and declaring underclassmen accept cash and other gifts as soon as the clock hits 0:00?

Can seniors and declaring underclassmen accept cash and other gifts as soon as the clock hits 0:00?

I would be interested to know as well. I mean, it's not like it came with any strings attached(as far as we know)....would it be as big of a deal if it were a player's father handing out cash, rather than a former player?

All about money, this stuff happens all the time. It got reported 1 out of a thousand time....probably wasn't even his own money ....yawn

I don’t see why not - they become ineligible once they take it, but who cares then

I think LSU has to disassociate from ODB though.... and there will be an investigation into whether any returning players got paid.....but I firmly believe the players leaving can tell the NCAA to go suck it

Reactions: fsu939913
You really think the NCAA is gonna drop the hammer on LSU cause a moron former player handed out some benjamins? The NCAA is scared to death the top conferences are about to leave them completely as is.

Most want to leave because they DONT enforce the rules

For some reason I think they technically can, it's just not one of those rules that the NCAA publicizes for obvious reasons. I do know Bama seniors have won the NC on Monday and been signing autographs for cash on Friday, so it would suggest as soon as the game is over, the pay can commence.

For some reason I think they technically can, it's just not one of those rules that the NCAA publicizes for obvious reasons. I do know Bama seniors have won the NC on Monday and been signing autographs for cash on Friday, so it would suggest as soon as the game is over, the pay can commence.
Players get paid all the time lol...they just don't care about anyone knowing until they are done with college. Kind of dumb on Burrow's part...just keep your mouth shut.

This is completely false. The NCAA IS the member institutions. They would be leaving themselves.

The NCAA is made up of a lot of schools, but there is still a governing body. The best example I can think of is that it's essentially like individually owned hotels(schools) under a brand like Hilton(the NCAA). Since they are individually owned, they can opt out of participating in the Hilton(NCAA) if they want to be under another brand(ex. Wyndham ). There used to be talk about forming the CFPL(College Football Premier League). However, that's all it is.....just talk.

I doubt schools would take a huge gamble of making a new governing institution. I believe the payout(because that's what it always boils down to) is very risky and time consuming. It's been a while since I read about it, but wasn't each school in the SEC supposed to get like 20 million a year due to tv rights in a few years? And the other power conferences have their contracts as well. The media isn't going to dole out anywhere near that much with another league's programs.

Leaving the NCAA to establish something else would jeopardize that........and plus in the end....would end up with the current faults of the NCAA regardless of the intentions. It would end up worse than the XFL.

Last edited:
The NCAA is made up of a lot of schools, but there is still a governing body. The best example I can think of is that it's essentially like individually owned hotels(schools) under a brand like Hilton(the NCAA). Since they are individually owned, they can opt out of participating in the Hilton(NCAA) if they want to be under another brand(ex. Wyndham Garden). There used to be talk about forming the CFPL(College Football Premier League). However, that's all it is.....just talk.

I doubt schools would take a huge gamble of making a new governing institution......Seems like the payout(because that's what it always boils down to) is very risky and time consuming. It's been a while since I read about it, but wasn't each school in the SEC supposed to get like 20 million a year due to tv rights in a few years? And the other power conferences have their contracts as well. The media isn't going to dole out anywhere near that much with another league's programs.

Leaving the NCAA to establish something else would jeopardize that........and plus in the end....would end up with the current faults of the NCAA regardless of the intentions. It would end up worse than the XFL.

I don’t know. Seems to me that the conferences are what are marketable. I don’t know to what extent the conferences have to share their tv, licensing and gate money with the NCAA and other less marketable conferences and sports. But It seems to me at a certain point, the conferences are going to ask if it’s worth it.

Reactions: Justpeachy7
This is completely false. The NCAA IS the member institutions. They would be leaving themselves.

Did you ever hear of the ACAA? Neither have I, but if the top conferences decide to leave the NCAA they will form the ACAA, or some other acronym.

Kinda like the Confederate States of America, if you think about it.

Did you ever hear of the ACAA? Neither have I, but if the top conferences decide to leave the NCAA they will form the ACAA, or some other acronym.

Kinda like the Confederate States of America, if you think about it.

There's been growing talk over the years of the Power 5 conferences leaving the NCAA and forming a new group. I think it will eventually happen, the NCAA will eventually do something stupid to a big power or try to flex their muscles, and it will be the last straw.

There's been growing talk over the years of the Power 5 conferences leaving the NCAA and forming a new group. I think it will eventually happen, the NCAA will eventually do something stupid to a big power or try to flex their muscles, and it will be the last straw.

The NCAA does what the member institutions (Read Presidents) tell them what to do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT