ADVERTISEMENT

Jacksonville...

GwinnettDawg

Rowdy Reptile
Aug 7, 2001
while we seem to be taking a shirt break from the pecker measuring contest, I thought I’d ask you Gators how you feel about taking the game back to campus. I’m in favor of it, have been for years. It’s a cool concept, but with us both having an annual OOC rivalry game we get short-changed every other year. As far as coaches opinions go, Kirby is an alum, former player, and now coach so for me his opinion is as good as anyone’s on the Georgia side.

Thoughts?

I like the game in Jacksonville - maybe do something with a home-home and then 2x in Jacksonville? If you need to mix it up you don't have to throw Jacksonville out of the schedule completely.

Personally though - I like it as is. I like the little nuances in college ball that set it apart.

Reactions: superdawg51
I like the game in Jacksonville - maybe do something with a home-home and then 2x in Jacksonville? If you need to mix it up you don't have to throw Jacksonville out of the schedule completely.

Personally though - I like it as is. I like the little nuances in college ball that set it apart.
Heard a radio guy say it should be up to the home team. On Georgia years we play in Athens. Florida could do it in Jax or Gainesville. That was different from the usual rotation idea of Jax, Gainesville, Jax, Athens or some variation of that.

Heard a radio guy say it should be up to the home team. On Georgia years we play in Athens. Florida could do it in Jax or Gainesville. That was different from the usual rotation idea of Jax, Gainesville, Jax, Athens or some variation of that.

This is where Shart shows his ignorance. The Jacksonville game brings in as much as a campus home game for EACH TEAM. If it went to home and home, then we would only get that home game money every other year. There isn't an administrator alive who will sign off on a multi million dollar revenue cut.

When Georgia talks about moving the game, they are really saying "we want to squeeze Jacksonville for a little more juice". They get a little more juice, and sign for another 4 years. UF just says "we want the same deal", so they get more juice with no effort.

There is also the fact that the (wealthy) South Georgia Dawgs consider this "their" game. Every time the talk looks serious, they start calling.

It's not going anywhere.

Why in the hell would anyone want to mess with the WLOCP? There's probably real problems out there somewhere that require fixing. The Cocktail Party isn't one of them.

I do remember when Georgia owned Florida in the 80's, not once did we hear the Georgia fans complain about the WLOCP. It all started with, God rest his soul, the whiny Lewis Grizzard only because a few Gator fans hurt his feeling back in 1992 outside his white stretched limousine.

Last edited:
Should stay right where it is. I don’t see the problem. Both teams are compensated well to have the game there and fans on both sides have a large presence in Jax. If I remember it right UGA’s largest alumni club is in Jax.

And sorry but Kirby nor Mullen has done shit at UGA or UF to come along and all of a sudden want to change one of the best traditions in college football. Both of them need to STFU when it comes to this and just coach their teams.

15-5 -- Vince loved the WLOCP.
The chumps since then, right up to today, need it out of Jax to a home & home.
The recruiting excuse by 4th&Dumb is just that, another weak-azz excuse.

Me, I don't care where they play the games.

1994 @ UF 52 - 14 UGly in the SWAMP

1995 UF 52 - 17 @ UGly between the hedges was a plus 3 advantage

Reactions: gatordad3
15-5 -- Vince loved the WLOCP.
The chumps since then, right up to today, need it out of Jax to a home & home.
The recruiting excuse by 4th&Dumb is just that, another weak-azz excuse.

Me, I don't care where they play the games.

1994 @ UF 52 - 14 UGly in the SWAMP

1995 UF 52 - 17 @ UGly between the hedges was a plus 3 advantage
It’s just impossible for some of you to not be dicks about everything. How do you know Dooley loved it? Show me a quote. The series is pretty evenfor at least the last decade, it’s not the 90s anymore. If Kirby found the cure for cancer you’d find a way to shit on that too.

I like it in Jax. Too much tradition. Let the dawgs win a couple of more in a row and this talk will quiet down too.

It’s just impossible for some of you to not be dicks about everything. How do you know Dooley loved it? Show me a quote. The series is pretty evenfor at least the last decade, it’s not the 90s anymore. If Kirby found the cure for cancer you’d find a way to shit on that too.

Dear GlosenettMutt,

So I'm a dick on my own board, while you're still a nuttlickin' troll. o_O
You're the hurt feelings buttsniffer that's starting a thread that has a subject that's been hashed over so much that the stomped mud-hole has already been walked dry... :cool:

Can't speak for other Gator fans, but I don't G-a-S what 4th&Dumb (or you) thinks about anything, much less where our annual game is played. I mean, just think how high his classes would be ranked if not for having that WLOCP to cripple his recruiting efforts... :rolleyes:

Yea the recruiting excuse is dumb. They could simply do what Texas and OU does and allow both teams to have official visitors for the game. Just because UGA fans and admin treat Kirby like a god and gives him everything he wants doesn’t mean a tradition needs to be dropped because he wants it to be. He’s been there three years, shut the hell up and coach your team. Same thing for Mullen. It’s not their call to make. Neither one of them have done a damn thing to be wanting to call shots.

Reactions: rdgtr
Yea the recruiting excuse is dumb. They could simply do what Texas and OU does and allow both teams to have official visitors for the game. Just because UGA fans and admin treat Kirby like a god and gives him everything he wants doesn’t mean a tradition needs to be dropped because he wants it to be. He’s been there three years, shut the hell up and coach your team. Same thing for Mullen. It’s not their call to make. Neither one of them have done a damn thing to be wanting to call shots.
I don’t think anything changes for the record. But I want it to. I also think the SEC should scrap divisions and all the traditional crossover games. We don’t play everyone often enough.

Last edited:
I don’t know think anything changes for the record. But I want it to. I also think the SEC should scrap divisions and all the traditional crossover games. We don’t play everyone often enough.

Agree with that

I don’t think anything changes for the record. But I want it to. I also think the SEC should scrap divisions and all the traditional crossover games. We don’t play everyone often enough.
Outside of the Georgia-Auburn and Tenn-Bama games the other crossovers really aren't that traditionally valuable. We play LSU every year, but they were no more of a rival than Auburn.

Reactions: Section220Dawg
Straight up 13 SEC games with no bye's, then the best record in the SEC with whatever tire breakers goes to the CFP with no SEC-C game. That would certainly simplify the schedules for everyone. :oops: -- :rolleyes:

Outside of the Georgia-Auburn and Tenn-Bama games the other crossovers really aren't that traditionally valuable. We play LSU every year, but they were no more of a rival than Auburn.
Auburn and Florida was a great series, as was Auburn and Tennessee. Georgia used to play Ole Miss as the other crossover until the change, but it was always auburn first. That said, we are just now getting around to playing aTm, and that’s ridiculous.

Reactions: Section220Dawg
The 2 best E&W teams meet every single year in the SEC-C game.

I really don't care if UF players every loser in the SECw or not, but I gave the simple answer to YOUR problem in my above post.

Mullen in that interview a while back almost gave the impression that it could change in 2022 back to home teams with Georgia getting that home game first. He wasn't for that I think but Smart is saying it costs him a recruiting big game due to the rules on that game and seems to be suggesting he wants it to change possibly.

Jacksonville makes a lot of money on the game, but more $$$ when Georgia wins. I lived in and around Jax from 1975-1998 and the paper published an article one year showing that when Georgia loses more of their fans bail on the city and go home. When they win, more stay over a day or two and spend a lot. A certain percentage of Gator fans commute to the game and don't spend the night, while a consistent percentage spend 1, 2 or 3 nights regardless of who wins. I love the tradition, much like the Oklahoma/Texas game in Dallas. Having been to over 20 UF/GA games in my life, I love the equal division of fans in the stands and just the overall atmosphere surrounding the game. Would hate to see it end.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
sadgator is quite content in the fact that Florida won the last game we played in Athens...no need or desire to rush back there....

LOL......yeah you have no desire to come back to Athens. Don’t blame you but the Gayturds will eventually have to leave the confines of the state of Florida. Get used to the idea.

Last edited:
Mullen in that interview a while back almost gave the impression that it could change in 2022 back to home teams with Georgia getting that home game first. He wasn't for that I think but Smart is saying it costs him a recruiting big game due to the rules on that game and seems to be suggesting he wants it to change possibly.

UGA just invested 63 million revamping the entire west end of Sanford Stadium, mostly for recruiting purposes, because Kirby wanted it. Most of the money donated. That wasn’t done in order to keep playing in Jax. I’d be surprised if the contract is renewed, no matter what the UGA AD and President are saying publicly. If Kirby wants the game moved it WILL happen. You can play your home game anywhere you like.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
UGA just invested 63 million revamping the entire west end of Sanford Stadium, mostly for recruiting purposes, because Kirby wanted it. Most of the money donated. That wasn’t done in order to keep playing in Jax. I’d be surprised if the contract is renewed, no matter what the UGA AD and President are saying publicly. nIf Kirby wants the game moved it WILL happe. You can play your home game anywhere you like.

You guys sure do hang off the jock of a guy that record wise has been no better than Richt.

LOL......yeah you have no desire to come back to Athens. Don’t blame you but the Gayturds will eventually have to leave the confines of the state of Florida. Get used to the idea.
Wonder which will happen first, you see a unicorn or dawgs win a natty in football?

Wonder which will happen first, you see a unicorn or dawgs win a natty in football?

You’re a bright one, you do know we have won a natty right? Now which will happen first, you see a unicorn or Dan Mullen actually wins a sec championship would be more appropriate.

UGA just invested 63 million revamping the entire west end of Sanford Stadium, mostly for recruiting purposes, because Kirby wanted it. Most of the money donated. That wasn’t done in order to keep playing in Jax. I’d be surprised if the contract is renewed, no matter what the UGA AD and President are saying publicly. If Kirby wants the game moved it WILL happen. You can play your home game anywhere you like.

Or said another way...Kirby is god. It’s crazy how much you all bow to this mush mouth clown with a Napoleon Complex. Throw out all traditions because a coach who’s accomplished nothing wants it.

Or said another way...Kirby is god. It’s crazy how much you all bow to this mush mouth clown with a Napoleon Complex. Throw out all traditions because a coach who’s accomplished nothing wants it.

Napoleon complex??? He played football in the sec

Dear GlosenettMutt,

So I'm a dick on my own board, while you're still a nuttlickin' troll. o_O
You're the hurt feelings buttsniffer that's starting a thread that has a subject that's been hashed over so much that the stomped mud-hole has already been walked dry... :cool:

Can't speak for other Gator fans, but I don't G-a-S what 4th&Dumb (or you) thinks about anything, much less where our annual game is played. I mean, just think how high his classes would be ranked if not for having that WLOCP to cripple his recruiting efforts... :rolleyes:

Pretty sure you’re a dick on any board.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
They just need to play 9 conference games.

I've heard this so many times from you fleas, but the reality is you make more money with the Jax game than you would with a home and home. As long as that's true, the game isn't moving.

I've heard this so many times from you fleas, but the reality is you make more money with the Jax game than you would with a home and home. As long as that's true, the game isn't moving.

Just more typical ignorance on display. I love how he makes it out like it’s UF’s choice the game is in Jacksonville. For a group of fans that brag about their history so much they really don’t seem to know a whole lot about it. UGA proposed the game be played in Jacksonville. And for the longest time they actually had more alumni in Jacksonville than UF did. And they probably still do actually.

Jacksonville was never a problem until they routinely started getting their asses whooped. All of a sudden a neutral location where fans are split 50-50 is a huge advantage for UF. And then mush mouth shows up with the recruiting excuse like they couldn’t just allow official visits like they do for OU-Texas. The midget must be scarred from all his ass whoopings in Jax too.

Just more typical ignorance on display. I love how he makes it out like it’s UF’s choice the game is in Jacksonville. For a group of fans that brag about their history so much they really don’t seem to know a whole lot about it. UGA proposed the game be played in Jacksonville. And for the longest time they actually had more alumni in Jacksonville than UF did. And they probably still do actually.

Jacksonville was never a problem until they routinely started getting their asses whooped. All of a sudden a neutral location where fans are split 50-50 is a huge advantage for UF. And then mush mouth shows up with the recruiting excuse like they couldn’t just allow official visits like they do for OU-Texas. The midget must be scarred from all his ass whoopings in Jax too.
florida-v-georgia-5cd82fff6662094b6a000001.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT