ADVERTISEMENT

Its Not Going to Be Chip

"But the bottom line is this: at this point, the only way Florida does not hire Chip Kelly is if the University receives negative results in its vetting process of his wish list of assistant coaches, will not allow Kelly to bring one or more of them on as an assistant, and if this disagreement happens in a fashion that pisses Kelly off so much that he decides he doesn’t want to coach under this administration."

Eh, I wouldn't trust that guy, he's wrong more than he's right. That being said, yes, Kelly is likely the next head coach as long as they can iron out some smaller details. They need to get it done, because I've barely left the house this week. Unhealthy, man.

Eh, I wouldn't trust that guy, he's wrong more than he's right. That being said, yes, Kelly is likely the next head coach as long as they can iron out some smaller details. They need to get it done, because I've barely left the house this week. Unhealthy, man.

Now hearing stuff about Kelly demanding facility upgrades....

Here is the real news at this point in the search: there is no legitimate news coming from any verifiable sources. That would be Stricklin himself and any of the potential candidates.

“The only thing I know for certain is we are in the middle of a search process,” Stricklin told The Sun on Wednesday.

Sorry, but WEALL is just as FoS as usual, about what is and what isn't.

I thought that both Mus and Mc were good coaches, and I still do. I had some problems with some of their 'specific' decisions, but that's true for any Gator coach in my long history as a Gator fan. NBD

No where have I said that I wanted Strong for the new HC. I have said that he's on a long list of those that would be 'acceptable' to me, but he's not my own choice for the job, so you're a liar with that bs.... o_O

As to what I know about football, I've already forgotten more than you're ever likely to learn, dweeb. :cool:

True or false I’m game with Charlie Strong as HC!!! Why? Because he’s a defensive guru and he will hire a good OC and I don’t believe he will put his hands in the offense but only help them gametime like a real Defensive guru would. So let’s say hypothetically he is hired as HC who would he go after to be the OC? Again if anybody retains Nuss they are first setting themselves up to be fired within three years unless he tells Nuss to hit the road. Number two if Nuss is retained as OC Florida would only be able to recruit down in South America or Arabs nations that plays the other game of futball!!!! Number three this board will be nothing except crickets as I feel many like me will retire and find other things to do on Saturdays. But hypothetically if he is hired who should he go after? Just thinking ahead right now just in case a defensive coach is hired as HC!!

True or false I’m game with Charlie Strong as HC!!! Why? Because he’s a defensive guru and he will hire a good OC and I don’t believe he will put his hands in the offense but only help them gametime like a real Defensive guru would. So let’s say hypothetically he is hired as HC who would he go after to be the OC? Again if anybody retains Nuss they are first setting themselves up to be fired within three years unless he tells Nuss to hit the road. Number two if Nuss is retained as OC Florida would only be able to recruit down in South America or Arabs nations that plays the other game of futball!!!! Number three this board will be nothing except crickets as I feel many like me will retire and find other things to do on Saturdays. But hypothetically if he is hired who should he go after? Just thinking ahead right now just in case a defensive coach is hired as HC!!

No.

We need someone that will excite the fan base, galvanize the boosters, and make the country sit up and take notice.

There aren't too many guys like that. Chip Kelly is one, Charlie Strong is not.

Thinking back on McElwain's hiring, if I'm not mistaken it went this way as well. Rumors, then semi-denials, then more rumors. I think it dragged out almost two weeks.

I realize Kelly isn't under contract at another school, but he does have a contract with ESPN, so that has to be dealt with, plus lawyers have to review the UF contract, negotiations over some of the clauses will take place, etc. It can't happen overnight.

Somebody said Kelly is asking for facilities upgrades. Well, duh. He's only about the millionth person to say it needs to happen.

l_xum0u430201453757PM.jpg

Nothing about that possibility excites me.

Not necessarily me either. But follwing some of the people who are hesitant to jump on rumors this is what I am led to believe.

That said, the best sources I have found are still very confident it is Kelly and that he just has a lot that needs to be worked through. And the timing of the announcement has many factors that they need to work through but also there is string desire in the UAA to not make an announcement at any time that would somehow undermine Randy ans the team. There is a huge reapect for Randy in the UAA, and while he is not likely to be around after this year, I do believe they are looking to try and show him reapect on his last couple games. I would say the only two options on an announcement at this point would be Sunday or not until sometime after the FSU game.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Not necessarily me either. But follwing some of the people who are hesitant to jump on rumors this is what I am led to believe.

That said, the best sources I have found are still very confident it is Kelly and that he just has a lot that needs to be worked through. And the timing of the announcement has many factors that they need to work through but also there is string desire in the UAA to not make an announcement at any time that would somehow undermine Randy ans the team. There is a huge reapect for Randy in the UAA, and while he is not likely to be around after this year, I do believe they are looking to try and show him reapect on his last couple games. I would say the only two options on an announcement at this point would be Sunday or not until sometime after the FSU game.

They might end up messing around and letting his agent get some unbelievable deal out of A&M or something like that if they don't watch it. If there isn't real confirmation by about Wednesday this is a done deal I think we may end up possibly not getting him.

That Randy stuff is a joke and it shouldn't matter at all. Heck his assistants wouldn't be announced until well after the FSU game anyway.

They might end up messing around and letting his agent get some unbelievable deal out of A&M or something like that if they don't watch it. If there isn't real confirmation by about Wednesday this is a done deal I think we may end up possibly not getting him.

That Randy stuff is a joke and it shouldn't matter at all. Heck his assistants wouldn't be announced until well after the FSU game anyway.

Say what you want about the Randy stuff. But it IS a big factor in how they are handling this. He is loved by the administration and will be with the university in some capacity if he isn’t hired elsewhere

Say what you want about the Randy stuff. But it IS a big factor in how they are handling this. He is loved by the administration and will be with the university in some capacity if he isn’t hired elsewhere
Shannon is great on any staff recruiting in Florida too. Guy is a legend in So FL and did a good job with a young linebacking crew...before the wheels fell off.

Oh joy. More shitty 'under the radar' recruits to look forward to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT