ADVERTISEMENT

In his own words -- Winston lied

Wow. I remember back when a facebook post was put on here of a man saying he overheard Winston say to a publix seafood clerk "hey the store manager said I could get this free", you swore up and down that there was no way that was true. How funny your story changes when Winston himself says it. You're lucky the rivals forums have updated and that thread isn't here or I would link it.

I think the whole FSU fanbase has become Winston's mouth piece, he has a strange cult like following

Wrong poster, man. I was in the camp that bought the whole, "He was used to paying at the Winn Dixie counter...got blind-sided by fans/auto-graphs...forgot to pay" group. That was the story posted by the WC staff (which is why I bought it), then posted shortly after, I won't be duped again. I've said it's plausible he forgot to pay only because the video shows him causally strolling out with the crabs in his hand like a ring-bearer. If it comes to light he was given the "hook up" then that's pretty believable too (based on the video).

winstoncrabvideolarge.jpg

I have no idea what FB post you're referring to, but you've got me curious.

Wrong poster, man. I was in the camp that bought the whole, "He was used to paying at the Winn Dixie counter...got blind-sided by fans/auto-graphs...forgot to pay" group. That was the story posted by the WC staff (which is why I bought it), then posted shortly after, I won't be duped again. I've said it's plausible he forgot to pay only because the video shows him causally strolling out with the crabs in his hand like a ring-bearer. If it comes to light he was given the "hook up" then that's pretty believable too (based on the video).

Hahahhahahaha duped by Gene what a maroon!

Time to send another email to Publix corporate complaining about the actions of some of their Tallahassee store employees. The cost of the food that walks out of that store without being paid for is spread out among the chain's honest customers.

not surprised FSU fans were duped. Fisher went public with a statment saying it was all a big mistake. That he forgot to pay and was hounded buy autograph hounds.
I would expect lying from Winston but suprised a coach would stick his neck out and lie for a kid on his team.

not surprised FSU fans were duped. Fisher went public with a statment saying it was all a big mistake. That he forgot to pay and was hounded buy autograph hounds.
I would expect lying from Winston but suprised a coach would stick his neck out and lie for a kid on his team.

You must be mistaken, clearly neither jamie nor jimbo are lying, even though their stories are different...obviously it is the SEC-biased Publix that is lying in attempts to make noles look bad.

You must be mistaken, clearly neither jamie nor jimbo are lying, even though their stories are different...obviously it is the SEC-biased Publix that is lying in attempts to make noles look bad.

Exactly. That and ESPN used THIS SOFTWARE to put words in Winston's mouth. It is a giant right-winged conspiracy.

"The Leon County Sheriff's Office says Heisman Trophy winning quarterback Jameis Winston told them he "forgot to pay" for $32.72 worth of groceries from a Tallahassee grocery store."

Having lived in a college town, I have no doubts he got the 'hook up' from a star struck fan. I saw this all the time as a teen/early 20s working in a mall and seeing players get discounts or hook ups or getting to walk in to a movie theater for free. It happens at every single place that gives a crap about athletics.

Winston obviously didn't want to throw the guy under the bus but he was already in trouble.

Jay Feely says Tim Tebow is the worst QB mankind has ever seen.

That's all for now
You sissy nolies have now retreated to quoting kickers? If you are going to go all girlyman on us, can you at least quote some pro bowl kickers? Just when you think the noles can't sink any lower on the puss scale, here they go....

LOL,,,this is your one and only post??? Guessing a banned member created this acct just to troll here, or maybe one of the regulars alter ego? Pass should make easy work of this...

Last edited by a moderator:
how are all these new posters showing up now that the board looks different? It's like a different website entirely now reading this board...

I don't get what is so hard to understand. Everyone knew it was a hookup but you can't say that. He fell on the sword, got his punishment and moved on. The reason why so many teams are ok with him is because he told the actual story to the NFL teams that he told Harbaugh. They figured out it was a hookup like every other athlete gets in college.

Should he have admitted it around cameras? No, but Jameis has never had great self awareness and doesn't always think before he speaks.

I don't get what is so hard to understand. Everyone knew it was a hookup but you can't say that. He fell on the sword, got his punishment and moved on. The reason why so many teams are ok with him is because he told the actual story to the NFL teams that he told Harbaugh. They figured out it was a hookup like every other athlete gets in college.

Should he have admitted it around cameras? No, but Jameis has never had great self awareness and doesn't always think before he speaks.

So, either
(1) He lied to Fisher about it or
(2) fsu lied/covered up improper benefits.

But we should applaud Therapest for "falling on the sword". mmmmmk

So, either
(1) He lied to Fisher about it or
(2) fsu lied/covered up improper benefits.

But we should applaud Therapest for "falling on the sword". mmmmmk

smh It's not improper benefits. It's stealing. The employee wasn't authorized to give squat away. I worked for publix for 4 years...we get ZERO perks...none, nadda. Unless Publix corporate ok'd this, it's just petty theft.

From the "player's" perspective, though, it's a hook-up. If I had one of my buddies drive around behind the store and I gave him a six-pack, he'd tell all his friends he got a "hook-up." The reality is, he received stolen merchandise.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai

Everyone except Fisher. Either that are he just lied to keep his golden goose on the field.

The golden goose was suspended, paid for the seafood and did community time.

that doesn't explain why Fisher made a public statment saying Winston was inocent and it was a big mis-understanding.
As the FSU fan above said if everyone knew it was a hook up then why did Fisher say he was incocent?
Either he lied or he is just stupid.

What does it matter? Had Jameis come out and said he got a hookup from the start what would be different? He would have more than likely been suspended, paid for seafood and done community time. Add to that the Publix worker would have probably been fired. It's a non issue at this point. He's cleared on the sexual deal and has paid for the seafood scandal. Move on to hating on him when he potentially becomes the 2nd Nole QB at Tampa to lead them to a SB.

He is not Bucs QB yet.
In fact i know Lovey doesn't want him.
DOesn't mean they won't take him however.

What will gator/buc fans do when Winston throws a TD? Pout? Silently protest? Immolate themselves in front of the stadium?

The golden goose was suspended, paid for the seafood and did community time.

You have to understand that outsiders view of punishment is simply "does it hurt their chances of winning". No one cared about Winston being punished or not. What they cared about was FSU losing. That's the reason for all of the vitriol after FSU beat Clemson with Maguire at QB. FSU won, therefore Winston wasn't punished.

What will gator/buc fans do when Winston throws a TD? Pout? Silently protest? Immolate themselves in front of the stadium?

no. I am not a big bucs fan now.
IF he is picked i will root against them.
Justified or not Winston is not a well liked individual.
I personally think it is justified though.

that doesn't explain why Fisher made a public statment saying Winston was inocent and it was a big mis-understanding.
As the FSU fan above said if everyone knew it was a hook up then why did Fisher say he was incocent?
Either he lied or he is just stupid.

Because of the way it would look. Publix corporate didnt hook him up but an employee did who wasnt authorized. Much easier for Jameis to say it at the time, take his punishment and move on. It's why the NFL teams dont have nearly the issue rival fans have because they know he got busted for something virtually every big time college athlete does

Im just surprised the media plays the naive game.

Regardless, Winston paid the price and that is the end of it.

Because of the way it would look. Publix corporate didnt hook him up but an employee did who wasnt authorized. Much easier for Jameis to say it at the time, take his punishment and move on. It's why the NFL teams dont have nearly the issue rival fans have because they know he got busted for something virtually every big time college athlete does

Im just surprised the media plays the naive game.

Regardless, Winston paid the price and that is the end of it.

so you are going with the Fisher lied scenario

Imo Winston lied to Fisher, Fisher believed him and that's why he said what he said to the media, period end of report.

well one of your boys above said everybody knew Wonston got hooked up.
So either Jimbo lied or he is stupid.
Just trying to find out which.

Let's go with lied. Whew. Got that out of the way. Now what? Can we focus on Erica and her lies now? Are those concerning or not so much? :)

Good lord I can't believe this is a thing. The lengths some of y'all will go to...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT