ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois is now entering the Purge

Let me regale you then, with the mythos of my people.

There are three planes of existence.
The Heavens, populated by the gods and the devas.

The Earth, populated by us.

The Underworld, populated by Shiva and the asuras.

For practical purposes the devas are angels and the asuras are demons, but don't perform the same functions.

Crux of the matter is you can't go to earth as a God. Have to go in human form.

Enter the avatars. Yes, that's our word Spielberg.

The God Vishnu, the preserver in our "trinity" has come to earth to save humanity 9 times.

Krishna was time number 8. But he's shown up as a tortoise. And a fish and a boar once too.

Buddha is number 9, and when he shows up for the tenth time as Kalki the world ends and the cycle starts over.

The point is Krishna isn't God, he's an aspect of the divine. Heck, Brahma, the creator in our trinity isn't worshipped and has no temples because he cheated in a race one time. That's another story.

Plus they are dirty hippies and embarassing.

I can't think of a Christian equivalent. Maybe if someone read the Bible and decided to worship Saint John.

Interesting. I learned a lot about a lot of things that I didn't know that I didn't know.

For example, I had no idea that Buddha was a part of Hinduism.

The Hare Krishnas are some weird AF folks. They've got a commune in Alachua just on the edge of the city limits. For years they drove into Gainesville and recruited students, many times outside the gates of the end zone during football games. They indoctrinate people, take all over their worldly possessions and make them monks of some sorts. They been at this for decades at this one particular location.
Right, usually have some womanizer leading and he recruits women he'd like to have sex with. Not a bad gig if you don't believe in God and disobey his commandments.

Siddhartha Gautama was an Indian prince.

Didn't realize Buddha was an actual person with a common name either.

I wonder why all the statues show a chubby man but Siddhartha Gautama's likenesses show him as a slender/fit prince???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT