ADVERTISEMENT

I can only assume this weekend is a result of the election results

Here's a weird thought. UF is in complete control of their destiny. Win out, you're in the CFB playoffs.

wwhet.gif

Last edited:
Under that unlikely scenario, Alabama probably gets in too, assuming the SECCG is their only loss.
Yes, it's unlikely, BUT it's unlikely that UNRANKED, Pitt beats Clemson, Iowa beats Michigan and USC beats Washington.

While it does make me throw-up in my mouth a little bit, I'd kinda love it if you guys beat Bama in the SECCG.

XI9HAh.gif

Not sure I would trust any of Silver's predictions after how bad he missed in the 2014 and 2016 elections.

Not sure I would trust any of Silver's predictions after how bad he missed in the 2014 and 2016 elections.
At one time, he was the gold standard for political polling. I wonder if people have become so media savvy that they refuse to answer questions when they are polled? That seems like what happened this year?

As for statistical modeling of probabilities, those projection are a lot less subjective. That said, small probabilities do happen some times. In 2009, my house was flooded even though I am in a flood zone that gives that probability of 1 every 500 years.

Last edited:
I followed Silver's site pretty closely throughout the election, and I thought he did far and away the best job of providing context for polls that were shifting pretty much constantly once the "Grab her by the p...." tape released. In the last week, his models were clearly reflecting the erosion of Hillary's support in Florida, North Carolina, Ohio and Michigan. In the end, I think he gave her a 65 percent chance of winning, when most other outlets saw it as an absolute lock. And she did end up winning the popular vote.

I followed Silver's site pretty closely throughout the election, and I thought he did far and away the best job of providing context for polls that were shifting pretty much constantly once the "Grab her by the p...." tape released. In the last week, his models were clearly reflecting the erosion of Hillary's support in Florida, North Carolina, Ohio and Michigan. In the end, I think he gave her a 65 percent chance of winning, when most other outlets saw it as an absolute lock. And she did end up winning the popular vote.
Michael Moore actually nailed her losing and why pretty well.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I kind of like him. I like rabble rousers. I didn't see his documentary on Trump voters, but I saw several clips from it, and I thought he was legitimately trying to understand where they were coming from. Obviously a lot of his stuff is outright propaganda, but I think he asks some interesting questions. I'm sure a lot of the Trump voters would agree with the points he raises in Roger & Me.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I kind of like him. I like rabble rousers. I didn't see his documentary on Trump voters, but I saw several clips from it, and I thought he was legitimately trying to understand where they were coming from. Obviously a lot of his stuff is outright propaganda, but I think he asks some interesting questions. I'm sure a lot of the Trump voters would agree with the points he raises in Roger & Me.
Reminds me of this article (trying to understand the other side):

LINK: What a Gay, Muslim, Pakistani-American Immigrant Learned Traveling to Rural Alaska the Week Before the Election

If both Clemson and UL win out, there could very well be 2 ACC teams in the Playoffs

#1 Bama vs #4 UL
#2 Clemson vs #3 Mich/OSU
This is not at all a dig at FSU or the ACC, but sadgator honestly believes that Louisville is overrated. They damn near lost to UVA and looked like total crap in that game. Jackson is great, but they will get bitch slapped in the playoffs.

This is not at all a dig at FSU or the ACC, but sadgator honestly believes that Louisville is overrated. They damn near lost to UVA and looked like total crap in that game. Jackson is great, but they will get bitch slapped in the playoffs.
You may be right, sad, but it's not uncommon for a good team to have an off game. See OSU during their most recent title campaign against VA Tech. Time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT