ADVERTISEMENT

How good is UCF?

Can the Knights beat the Seminoles & the Hurricanes:)

In a bowl game after playing their usual schedule? :rolleyes:

Or in a bowl with what's left of their roster after a full season playing the criminoles or the scUM's schedules? o_O

You guys call our schedule trash but the ACC is not much tougher then the American. Outside of Clemson the ACC is weak. Pitt a team we crushed leads the coastal and will play Clemson is the championship game. OK for Oklahoma to give up 40 to a horrible Kansas team but if UCF does our defense is trash and our team is garbage. The double standards of the P5 excuse makers

You guys call our schedule trash but the ACC is not much tougher then the American. Outside of Clemson the ACC is weak. Pitt a team we crushed leads the coastal and will play Clemson is the championship game. OK for Oklahoma to give up 40 to a horrible Kansas team but if UCF does our defense is trash and our team is garbage. The double standards of the P5 excuse makers

Your biggest game of the year was barely ranked Cincy, who only had one loss because your whole conference is trash.

Get over it.

You'd get more respect if you guys (including your own program) didn't act like you don't play a bunch of bad teams with mediocre coaches and a huge lack of talent.

Congrats beating up on cupcakes.

Don't worry they will get put into a big bowl game against Chokelahoma and win a 55-50 game against an atrocious defense. My hope is they get put into a bowl game against a quality program who will whip them into never being considered for a top 10 ranking. My fear is Ohio State or the spooners will get the shot with them and they both are overrated.

BC 7-4
W BC 45 - 35 Temple 7-4 (-10)

UCF 10-0
UCF 52 - 40 Temple 7-4 (-12)

Cincy 9-2
L 17 - 24 Temple 7-4 (+7)

Houston 8-3
L HU 49 - 59 7-4 Temple (+10)
=====

UCF 10-0
UCF 46 - 14 Pitt 7-4 (-22)

PSU 8-3
PSU 51 - 6 Pitt 7-4 (-45)

Pitt won't even be in the Clemson game for 1 quarter. Smothered...
The ACC Coastal is certainly having a rare very down year.
=====

Yep, the AAC is an absolute MONSTER Conf..... :rolleyes:

UCF 10-0 (2-7 NC weather cancelled)
Cincy 9-2
Temple 7-4
USF 7-4
ECa 3-7
UConn 1-10
-----
Houston 8-3
Memphis 7-4
SMU 5-6
Tulane 5-6
Navy 3-8
Tulsa 2-9
==========

The Big12-10 needs a couple more teams to be legit (12) for a Conf. Champ game.
I think that they should add both UCF and USF.
Then when one of you win a Big12-C, you'll finally be legit for a CFP spot. :cool:

Last edited:
I do agree with you that the ACC is really really bad. Probably the worst of all the Power 5 conferences. The ACC literallly only has 1 good team in the entire conference.

We will never hear the end of this if UCF wins out and beats us after they beat Auburn (who beat Bama) last year. I am hoping by luck we avoid them in either the Fiesta or Peach Bowl.

Problem is I think they will want that game for the Peach Bowl thinking we might not travel good to the Fiesta Bowl since the game won't be that big of a deal to our fans.

D-1 FBS (D1 & D2) should be split into 2 divisions of 65 teams each, each with it's own champion.

That, or maybe the best 12-14 second tear D1 teams should form a new conference and try to compete with the current P-5 conferences.

2006 13-0 BSU 43 - 42 Choke-la-homo 11-3 (-1)

2008 13-0 Utah 31 - 17 Red-Turds 12-2 (-14)

2017 13-0 UCF 34 - 27 Barners 10-4 (-7)
----- Big Deal... :rolleyes:
12-2 Clem 14 - 6 AU (-8)
9-4 LSU 27 - 23 AU (-4)
13-2 UGA 28 - 7 AU (-21)

You guys are a bunch of chicken ————‘s. You guys say we are weak and not any good. Then turn around and say you don’t want to play us. You guys are a funny bunch.

Reactions: bradleygator
You guys are a bunch of chicken ————‘s. You guys say we are weak and not any good. Then turn around and say you don’t want to play us. You guys are a funny bunch.

It's a No win.

You have to understand that.

We win, we should have.

We lose, how could you lose to them?

It's not your fault, but it is what it is.

You generally play teams that most Power 5 teams get ciritized for putting on their schedule 2 times a year.

And yeah, now no one wants to play you.

But do you REALLY think you'd be undefeated playing in a real conference? Even the SEC East?

I know you'd like to think that, but be honest with yourself.

We are chicken...

Suck it. We’re the Gators.

We’ll play you again soon when you suck.

Have you ever considered that maybe being a little
More manly and less emotional might entice Mrs. Sad to jump your bones more than one or twice every two years?

Christ dude.

The "woe is me everything is awful" but is an awful look.

More manly and less emotional might entice Mrs. Sad to jump your bones more than one or twice every two years?

Christ dude.

Lol...every two years...uhh keep goin’...

But you are correct...It’s a definite problem...

sadgator definitely needs to be more in touch with his manly side....

That being said, sadgator actually fixed a bathroom sink tonight...and mrs. sadgator said he would look sexy with a tool belt (no shit, 100% true)...

Unfortunately, with Thanksgiving relatives visiting and odd sleeping arrangements at sadgator estate, it’ll pass before sadgator gets to take advantage...

If we lose to FSU, sadgator’ll weep, and we’ll be back to our typical estrogen wars by the end of the weekend...

Reactions: oozie7
UCF is where FSU was in the 70's and early 80's.

Except FSU went on the road to play Nebraska, LSU, Notre Dame, PITT, UF, Miami, uhh, who else, well, anybody. ( Not AAC level teams).

Oh, and we didn't whine as much as UCF.

Give it a rest UCF fans. You've become annoying.

It's a No win.

You have to understand that.

We win, we should have.

We lose, how could you lose to them?

It's not your fault, but it is what it is.

You generally play teams that most Power 5 teams get ciritized for putting on their schedule 2 times a year.

And yeah, now no one wants to play you.

But do you REALLY think you'd be undefeated playing in a real conference? Even the SEC East?

I know you'd like to think that, but be honest with yourself.

UCF is the new Boise State. Everyone said Boise State deserved a shot, so they finally got stuck in a bowl against Oklahoma, and just like UCF did with aubarn, they won!

So they started getting matched up against Top 10 teams in SEASON games that mattered, and where are they now? Same thing will happen with UCF, stick them in a game against a Top 10 opponent when both teams have something to gain, and they get boat-raced.

Reactions: FLDUKE

Christ dude.

Inbetween that and talking in 3rd person, he never has a chance.

Reactions: sadgator

Tough but fair. It would be a bowl matchup that would actually have some juice. So what if we lose? We lost to Appy St. in the Swamp.

UCF is the new Boise State. Everyone said Boise State deserved a shot, so they finally got stuck in a bowl against Oklahoma, and just like UCF did with aubarn, they won!

So they started getting matched up against Top 10 teams in SEASON games that mattered, and where are they now? Same thing will happen with UCF, stick them in a game against a Top 10 opponent when both teams have something to gain, and they get boat-raced.

Boise State had a real good run from 2006 to 2011 and beat like seven top 20 teams (five wins against power 5 teams and two wins against TCU and Utah which were pretty good those years.)

They beat Georgia, VA tech and Oregon twice in the regular season in addition to their bowl victory over Oklahoma.

I still say the you can't let a team like that in a 4 team playoff however unless its over a two loss Power 5 team because they don't have the harder week to week schedule a power 5 team has.

UCF is where FSU was in the 70's and early 80's.

Except FSU went on the road to play Nebraska, LSU, Notre Dame, PITT, UF, Miami, uhh, who else, well, anybody. ( Not AAC level teams).

Oh, and we didn't whine as much as UCF.

Give it a rest UCF fans. You've become annoying.
I do agree but to their defense Nebraska, LSU, Notre Dame, etc aren't always willing to schedule them without a twist of the arm.

It's more complex than the 70's and even 80's. TV contracts play a big difference.

If they played let's say at Oregon. That would fall under the umbrella of a PAC-12 tv contract game.

Teams like UCF have to play so many home games to meet the TV contracts. Not every Oklahoma, Texas Tech, or Wisconsin is willing to sign a H&H with a UCF type.

They have tried to squeeze in those willing the past few years. It's not UCF's fault a hurricane came or that UNC sucks and the Pitts and Maryland's are average.

I say those early season neutral site games like in Atlanta and Dallas should sign UCF up to take on a consistent big timer like Ohio State or Clemson.

Boise State had a real good run from 2006 to 2011 and beat like seven top 20 teams (five wins against power 5 teams and two wins against TCU and Utah which were pretty good those years.)

They beat Georgia, VA tech and Oregon twice in the regular season in addition to their bowl victory over Oklahoma.

I still say the you can't let a team like that in a 4 team playoff however unless its over a two loss Power 5 team because they don't have the harder week to week schedule a power 5 team has.

And how many NCs? None. They finally got their chance to prove themselves, and couldn't. UCF is Boise State 2.0.

Reactions: GatorNation79
We will never hear the end of this if UCF wins out and beats us after they beat Auburn (who beat Bama) last year. I am hoping by luck we avoid them in either the Fiesta or Peach Bowl.

Problem is I think they will want that game for the Peach Bowl thinking we might not travel good to the Fiesta Bowl since the game won't be that big of a deal to our fans.
We will beat them...we will be healthy and we'll put the defense on their ass.

UCF has a good team. Again I still think they were a better team last year.

And how many NCs? None. They finally got their chance to prove themselves, and couldn't. UCF is Boise State 2.0.

I would say Boise State did prove themselves some during that 6 year run as they got wins against many good teams.Of course they were never going to play in a BCS Championship game.

Because they started taking Boise State serious in the polls after some years they were actually ranked # 5 in the polls (ahead of several 1 loss teams) prior to losing that game by a point to TCU in the 2011. If the Playoff was in place that year they would have probably been in if not for that loss.

2009 was another year that Boise State could have possibly got into a 4 team playoff if it had been a crazy season like 2007 as they were ranked ahead of all the 1 and 2 loss Power 5 teams except us.

I doubt UCF will have the extended multi-year success to get them into a better position like Boise State did however as they will probably fall off quite a bit next season.

UCF is as good as any one singular player can make them...

They were “good” when Dante Culpepper was around...

Then they weren’t “good”...

They’re “good” right now with Milton...

Then...

Byproduct of playing in a non-Power 5 conference. Everyone is terrible with terrible coaches and facilities. Take one team and put 1 or 2 breakout players on that team, suddenly they are undefeated and media wants to know why they aren't going to make the playoffs.

UCF is as good as any one singular player can make them...

They were “good” when Dante Culpepper was around...

Then they weren’t “good”...

They’re “good” right now with Milton...

Then...

It's hard to believe the possibility of long term success when they were winless as recently as 2015.

After the Milton Injury we are most likely done. Going to be hard to hang with Memphis next week. Milton could have sustained a career ending injury. Before the UCF vs USF game today had to listen to many fans of different schools at a sports bar hoping UCF loses today.

After the Milton Injury we are most likely done. Going to be hard to hang with Memphis next week. Milton could have sustained a career ending injury. Before the UCF vs USF game today had to listen to many fans of different schools at a sports bar hoping UCF loses today.

I don't care myself but hope we avoid playing UCF in a bowl game.

Reactions: footnfan1
Without Milton UF would probably pound us. Back up QB Mack is raw with no experience and could not hit the broad side of a barn yesterday passing. Good thing we could run the football. A good team like UF would stack the box and force us to pass and game over. At this point it will be difficult to beat Memphis. Milton will be lucky to walk again let alone run. I doubt he ever sees the field again. They are comparing his injury to the Chicago Bears TE which is basically career ending. Prayers for Milton and his family fingers crossed but he is done for at least a year or more. He can redshirt next year.

We really will never know. When schools like Miami were not in a major conference, they took similar potshots, that they would lose more games if in the SEC etc...even though in their heyday they had great records against the SEC etc...

I think it highly unlikely a UCF would be undefeated if in the SEC East. Make them Vandy, the idea they would play Florida, Georgia, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee and South Carolina, plus LSU and say, Mississippi State, half of them on the road, and go undefeated seems very unlikely. The one SEC teams that run the table like that are Alabama or a national caliber Georgia or national caliber Florida. And this UCF team is hardly 2008 Florida, and even that team dropped a game.

With all that, it is a shame that group of five teams cannot have a chance. Only if an Ohio State and a Texas play a Boise State in the same season and a Boise State beats both would they have a chance. Not likely.

...and why do you think that is? It's your unrealistic fan base and your AD claiming a National Championship.
UCF could have turned themselves into Cinderella and everybody would have been pulling for you, but you changed the narrative, nobody to blame but yourselves.

Reactions: fsumc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT