ADVERTISEMENT

House introduces bill to bring back the Gold Standard

GhostOfMatchesMalone

Ring of Honor
Oct 1, 2012

Liberals, please educate yourselves on this issue. I know the left is going to say absolutely not, but there's a reason why. This bill would empower individual Americans, and it would limit the power of government. And the last thing DC wants to do is limit its power.

Please educate yourself on this issue before you simply parrot left talking points. It's far within your best interests to support a return to the Gold Standard.

Liberals, please educate yourselves on this issue. I know the left is going to say absolutely not, but there's a reason why. This bill would empower individual Americans, and it would limit the power of government. And the last thing DC wants to do is limit its power.

Please educate yourself on this issue before you simply parrot left talking points. It's far within your best interests to support a return to the Gold Standard.

Awful mistake by Nixon.

Report ALL gold transactions? Yeah that worked out well when FDR did it.

No thanks.

I'm not telling the government how much gold I own for the same reason I don't tell them how many guns I own.

The government has actually confiscated gold before.

How about stop printing money and slowly buy gold????

Last edited:
Reactions: fatman76

Don't be hoodwinked by any claim that a US digital dollar will be backed by actual gold. It's not going to happen. The goal is digitize the dollar according to WEF standards. How's your social credit score comrade? will be the next step.

Don't be hoodwinked by any claim that a US digital dollar will be backed by actual gold. It's not going to happen. The goal is digitize the dollar according to WEF standards. How's your social credit score comrade? will be the next step.
To clarify, this bill has nothing to do with CBDC from what I have seen. This is about backing the US dollar with gold, and making every note redeemable for a set amount of gold.

The left will fight it tooth and nail, and hopefully that will be a wake up call for our liberal friends.

To clarify, this bill has nothing to do with CBDC from what I have seen. This is about backing the US dollar with gold, and making every note redeemable for a set amount of gold.

The left will fight it tooth and nail, and hopefully that will be a wake up call for our liberal friends.
I'll need to look into that, been off the grid all day. Link to a .Gov site? Maybe Kalim can confirm their good intentions. 😂

Reactions: EvilWayz
"Notably, Mooney’s bill also would require full disclosure of all central bank and U.S. government gold holdings and gold-related financial transactions over the last 6 decades—a seemingly taboo subject surrounded by mystery and deception.

“To enable the market and market participants to arrive at the fixed Federal Reserve note dollar-gold parity in an orderly fashion… the Secretary and the Federal Reserve shall each make publicly available… all holdings of gold, with a report of any purchases, sales, swaps, leases, and any other financial transactions involving gold, since the temporary suspension in August 15th, 1971, of gold redeemability obligations under the Bretton Woods Agreement of 1944,” says the bill."

IOW, they can't print more money until they have purchased the gold to cover it. This would greatly stabilize the value of the dollar.

Reactions: NavigatorII
I'm all for a gold standard but it doesn't happen overnight, and I have no clue how much gold we'd need to cover all the money we've been printing.

I'm dogshit at finance but this seems like a good idea with almost no clear implementation.

I'm all for a gold standard but it doesn't happen overnight, and I have no clue how much gold we'd need to cover all the money we've been printing.

I'm dogshit at finance but this seems like a good idea with almost no clear implementation.
If the Democrats hate it, it's probably a good idea. We are going down the rabbit hole quickly. I hope the House calls Hiden's bluff on the next potential raising the debt ceiling.

Reactions: nail1988
will this force them to stop deficit spending?
No. But it will out the major offenders. At some point, the anvil will drop. We're seeing now in the supermarkets and gas pump and everywhere else now. But it's time to start fingering the guilty. This one's not on the GOP. Not this time anyway.

Excellent article on the Gold Standard and why it is so important. When Nixon took us off the Gold Standard in 1971, a dollar was worth 100 cents. Today, it is worth 13 cents.

That's a massive reduction in the average American's spending power. That's why prices go up, cause we need more dollars to buy the same amount of product.

Please educate yourselves. Everyone reading this benefits greatly from returning to the Gold Standard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT