ADVERTISEMENT

Honest Question

Maybe, still doesn’t seem as bad though as this.

I will say it was an interesting corollary in reverse because notice how quickly those passages came home once the new Reagan was going to be the president and notice how quickly things fell apart once I knew Trump was no longer the president
Over 400 days. Hostages

I was a Army brat during the hostage situation. Left a vivid memory in my mind watching TV with our charred helicopters.

Reactions: kjfreeze
Including the Vietnam war, has America ever looked more impotent then it does currently after this Afghanistan fiasco?
I don’t think the US has seen this level of inept leadership in history.

The decline of the last 7 months has directly correlated to the reduction in angry liberals arguing in this forum.

Like petulant children who finally got the toy they wanted and then don’t play with it…

I will say it was an interesting corollary in reverse because notice how quickly those passages came home once the new Reagan was going to be the president and notice how quickly things fell apart once I knew Trump was no longer the president
When your posture is one of strength & you do what you say, the deterrence is there. When you’re a 50yr loser politician who everyone knows is a bag of hot air, it’s laughable, he’s known as the weak frail old man, there’s no deterrence there & our country is worse off for it.

Not in my lifetime, this is truly disgusting, every angle is a lie, or contradiction, they are inept & the world sees it on center stage.
Just tin foil hatting

When you have a President whose whole family is compromised by other countries you could get leveraged and blackmailed.

Pulling out like this and destabilizing that area benefits China. And right on cue China conducted military exercises off the coast of Taiwan. They’ve also formally recognized the Taliban govt. Now China has an ally in a very strategic location. There’s no spin that makes that good for US interests.

Every situation is so sad and could have been avoided if it wasnt for politics.

Reactions: gator1776
Just tin foil hatting

When you have a President whose whole family is compromised by other countries you could get leveraged and blackmailed.

Pulling out like this and destabilizing that area benefits China. And right on cue China conducted military exercises off the coast of Taiwan. They’ve also formally recognized the Taliban govt. Now China has an ally in a very strategic location. There’s no spin that makes that good for US interests.
Ugh, it’s so depressing

Reactions: martycat1
Just tin foil hatting

No tin foil hatting, I don’t think you’re wrong, but it disgusting & treason for leaving Americans behind enemy lines should be punishable by death. Public firing squad in DC would do.

I think the hostage crisis was worse...at least so far. We were absolutely impotent. We could act now. We're making the choice not to.

Iran made us cry uncle...right up until we elected a guy who scared the shit out of everyone.

I think the hostage crisis was worse...at least so far. We were absolutely impotent. We could act now. We're making the choice not to.

Iran made us cry uncle...right up until we elected a guy who scared the shit out of everyone.
I miss Ronald Reagan

That dude single-handedly brought Russia to its knees, a.k.a. the Soviet union, broke up the eastern bloc, and made Iran an impotent bitch.

Last edited:
Including the Vietnam war, has America ever looked more impotent then it does currently after this Afghanistan fiasco?
Biden administration definitely was caught off guard but ill say Iraq was worse. A lot of overreacting but that's how politics work.

I believe the typical withdrawal format is civilians, equipment, soldiers last, Biden has reinvented that into soldiers first and then send them back in and try and rescue everything.
Which won’t happen because it will likely take active combat - and we know he won’t engage in that.

Lots of Americans and AFG citizens that risked everything to help us are going to meet a sad end. Beheading hostage videos coming to a browser near you soon.

Reactions: goldmom
Any equipment left should be destroyed not abandoned.
Right

We didn’t even wipe the computers. Tolly Ban has the bios on everyone who helped us. They are going door to door. It’s awful.

Right

We didn’t even wipe the computers. Tolly Ban has the bios on everyone who helped us. They are going door to door. It’s awful.
The biometrics they have now have US troop information on them. There is nothing over reactive about this situation.

I 1000% agree. Not sure why people want to make a conclusion after 2 days.
🤣🤣🤣
Maybe because we got the order wrong, the order supposed to be evacuate the civilians evacuate the equipment evacuate the troops. Joe Biden’s plan was evacuate the troops forget about the equipment and oh shit we’ve got civilians over there?

I don’t think the US has seen this level of inept leadership in history.

The decline of the last 7 months has directly correlated to the reduction in angry liberals arguing in this forum.

Like petulant children who finally got the toy they wanted and then don’t play with it…
Yeah, now we get the Trumpers acting like petulant children. Much better.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
🤣🤣🤣
Maybe because we got the order wrong, the order supposed to be evacuate the civilians evacuate the equipment evacuate the troops. Joe Biden’s plan was evacuate the troops forget about the equipment and oh shit we’ve got civilians over there?
Plenty of that equipment was abandoned by the Afghan army after the US deal with the Taliban. They used it as leverage for freedom because they knew the Taliban was taking over again. Biden administration dropped the ball with the civilians but he still has time to correct it.

Plenty of that equipment was abandoned by the Afghan army after the US deal with the Taliban. They used it as leverage for freedom because they knew the Taliban was taking over again. Biden administration dropped the ball with the civilians but he still has time to correct it.
Yeah this is not one you want to try and make excuses for, all of us that have been in the military know that this was a gigantic cluster **** because it was done incorrectly. The more people trying to finish the worse they look. This is when he just say we ****ed up, own it, fix it

So easy to spot someone who never served when they chime in on this topic

Reactions: kjfreeze and fsumc
Yeah this is not one you want to try and make excuses for, all of us that have been in the military know that this was a gigantic cluster **** because it was done incorrectly. The more people trying to finish the worse they look. This is when he just say we ****ed up, own it, fix it
Why are you so hard on our military?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT