ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go again...they cannot resist

Stuff has to get paid for and budgets have to get balanced. You can’t get blood from a turnip (Poor people). Poor peeps don’t make enough to balance the budget. The only way to make it work, is to have a sliding scale. All money from 0-30k is taxed at x. And it tiers up from there. Shit ain’t fair, but neither are salaries around the country. CEOs get paid, let’s say, 5-30 million a year and golden parachutes when they are fired. And a construction worker busts his ass every day of the week for peanuts. And When he gets fired, he struggles to feed his kids.

How are we so worried about “punishing” a guy making over 2 million a year. This guy has no money concerns. How many folks do you know making 2 million a year?

What tax system is ideal to you?
I had to laugh when you said budgets have to get balanced. Since when? We haven't had a balanced budget in this country in almost 30 years when Clinton and Gingrich were in power. The spending is simply out of control to a debt of over 30 trillion with absolutely no urgency to control it. And with outrageous spending comes outrageous tax proposals.

I had to laugh when you said budgets have to get balanced. Since when? We haven't had a balanced budget in this country in almost 30 years when Clinton and Gingrich were in power. The spending is simply out of control to a debt of over 30 trillion with absolutely no urgency to control it. And with outrageous spending comes outrageous tax proposals.
Sounds like this is a typical dem that thinks the answer to our problems is to punish the rich for being rich.

The rest of us can see that the solution is to elevate the poor out of poverty. And that the rich should be applauded for their success, not demonized because of it.

Reactions: greyghost14
Sounds like this is a typical dem that thinks the answer to our problems is to punish the rich for being rich.

The rest of us can see that the solution is to elevate the poor out of poverty. And that the rich should be applauded for their success, not demonized because of it.

I agree, but that takes money and time. What do we do in the meantime while the country is bleeding money?

No doubt. We have a problem😁. We dunno how to fix it. Clinton handed bush a clean balance sheet, and bush, Obama, trump and Biden have all burned thru cash, like balls down a hookers throat

I agree, but that takes money and time. What do we do in the meantime while the country is bleeding money?
You say you agree the solution is to elevate the poor out of poverty but that it takes time and money. Lyndon Johnson declared war on poverty in 1965 and since then, 23 trillion dollars have been spent on poverty programs. How much time beyond almost 60 years and money beyond 23 trillion do you have in mind? We stay somewhere between 11 and 15 percent poverty level. Time and money not the answer.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
You say you agree the solution is to elevate the poor out of poverty but that it takes time and money. Lyndon Johnson declared war on poverty in 1965 and since then, 23 trillion dollars have been spent on poverty programs. How much time beyond almost 60 years and money beyond 23 trillion do you have in mind? We stay somewhere between 11 and 15 percent poverty level. Time and money not the answer.
BTW, that LBJ War On Poverty didn't really help out either. It simply made the poor back then MORE dependent upon government, thus enabling Dems to garner their votes in droves. FYI

Time and money was in reference to educating the poor. It takes time educate them and it takes money to teach them.

I’m no dem or repub, I’m a centrist. The only extreme I have is developing renewable energy in the us and A

We undo the damage that the current administration has done. We get the supply chain up and running again. We reopen pipelines and restore our energy independence.

We focus on getting the poor skills. If government was truly designed to HELP its citizens, then it would support SELF RELIANCE.

Every time this topic comes up, there is always a certain portion of posters here who believe the only answer is to attack the rich. It's not fair they have all that money, they should pay more. 'Do their fair share'.

What about learning from the rich? How did they get their money? What can we learn from their ability to create and accumulate wealth?

Want the government to have more money from taxes? Then get more Americans working jobs that pay them a good salary.

That happens with skills. Again, the Trump administration pushed for apprenticeships. Hiden does not. Neither did obama or bush.

Ask yourself why.

The left views 'poverty programs' as a way to buy votes.

The left doesn't want to teach the poor skills, cause they are scared to death that a more educated populace is likely to vote AGAINST their policies.

The left gives away fish, in exchange for votes.

Teach the poor how to fish, then they can feed themselves. Why is this so hard?

Here is a question. WHAT is their FAIR SHARE? How do you determine what is fair? The top 10% of tax payers already PAY something like 80% of all the tax that is collected. Seems like they are already paying their fair share. Say, I make $100,000 and pay $24,000 in taxes, 24%. You make $1,000,000 and pay $380,000, $38%. Why should you pay a higher % than I do just because you make more $ then I do. Is that fair?? Maybe, but what they need to do is get rid of all the loop wholes and make sure everyone is actually paying their taxes. If that were to happen, you would stop hearing DEMS spout off about Tax the Rich.
So while I agree with what you have here...the MAIN thing that people forget is WHO's money it is. It is NOT the governments money. It is the persons money who made the money...so it is up to them
Time and money was in reference to educating the poor. It takes time educate them and it takes money to teach them.

I’m no dem or repub, I’m a centrist. The only extreme I have is developing renewable energy in the us and A
LOLOLOLOL

You are spot on. But they go to their old stand by of "say something enough times...even though it is a lie, and most will believe it is true. Their #1 use of that theory is this saying "Universal healthcare is an American right". That statement is 100% a lie. Someone show me in our Constitution(bill of rights) where that is true
There is no right to another person’s livelihood (doctors, nurses, pharma employees, medical equipment workers, hospital admins, etc)

that was removed in the abolishment of slavery

How is it blatantly untrue? We can’t even agree that most people making 2 million don’t have any money problems. Taking home 145,000 a month is hard to spend. Doable, but hard to spend.

No, that is not something that we can agree on.

Dentists file for bankruptcy far more often than vehicle mechanics for example. Why? They are allowed to assume a much higher debt load.

People tend to spend what they make. Bringing home 145k per month typically means that the person just owns a lot more nice crap. And by own, probably mortgaged.

Making more money doesn't mean that a person doesn't have money problems. People who live on a budget, a budget based on their means, those people don't have money problems. Everyone else does.

Reactions: nail1988
Either way, 145,000 a month is about what 12 dentists bring home in a year. I think if you do the math 145,000 is hard to spend.

Let’s say, this person owns a 2 million dollar house and another 2 million dollar vacation house with 3 million in mortgages. 3 million in mortgage payments will run roughly 15,000 a month, plus taxes, insurance, landscaping and power bills and the guy is at say 20,000 a month.

-he has a family of 5 and the grocery bill is high and runs 100 a day. 3000 a month
-he wines and dines each day for 300 a day. 9000 a month
-his wife shops Dailey at 500 a day. 15,000 a month
-2 country club bills run 1000a month each. 2000 a month
-he paid cash for his cars
-12 one week family Vacay to nice resort. 10,000 a month.
-new furniture each year. 1,000 a month
-updating kitchen every year at 120,000. 10,000 a month.
-3 kids in private school at 3,000 a month
-Weekly maid at 250 a pop for 1000 a month
-Kids sports and misc cost 2000 a month

All this is only 76,000 a month. He’s still gotta spend 79,000 more that month. So, he still lives like a king on the tax plan I suggested and he puts away 79,000 a month or close to (940,000)a million a year.

Last edited:
Either way, 145,000 a month is about what 12 dentists bring home in a year. I think if you do the math 145,000 is hard to spend.

Let’s say, this person owns a 2 million dollar house and another 2 million dollar vacation house with 3 million in mortgages. 3 million in mortgage payments will run roughly 15,000 a month, plus taxes, insurance, landscaping and power bills and the guy is at say 20,000 a month.

-he has a family of 5 and the grocery bill is high and runs 100 a day. 3000 a month
-he wines and dines each day for 300 a day. 9000 a month
-his wife shops Dailey at 500 a day. 15,000 a month
-2 country club bills run 1000a month each. 2000 a month
-he paid cash for his cars
-12 one week family Vacay to nice resort. 10,000 a month.
-new furniture each year. 1,000 a month
-updating kitchen every year at 120,000. 10,000 a month.
-3 kids in private school at 3,000 a month
-Weekly maid at 250 a pop for 1000 a month
-Kids sports and misc cost 2000 a month

All this is only 76,000 a month. He’s still gotta spend 79,000 more that month. So, he still lives like a king on the tax plan I suggested and he puts away 79,000 a month or close to (940,000)a million a year.

You're theorizing about things that don't require it. Rich people go freaking broke all the time.

I have 3 sisters. One is middle class and lives comfortably. She isn't rich but she lives within her means and she's saving for retirement.

The second sister brings home a little more than a million a year between herself and my BIL. They spend every dime and then some. They are flat broke.

My oldest sister and her husband make a ton of money, much more than sister two. They don't spend all their money on frivolous crap like sister two but they are continuing to expand their businesses and they are mortgaged to the gills. Liquid they aren't broke...but month to month they are absolutely broke.

When you own enterprises that make tons of money, capital investments in those enterprises are insanely expensive. That's the part you are failing to grasp. Taxing the crap out of my oldest sister would retard their growth. They would also employ fewer people and the tax base that they create would be smaller, including their personal taxes, even if you increased their rate.

What generates more revenue for the Feds? 25% of $10 million per annum or 35% of $6 million? That's the kind of math we're talking about...and that doesn't include the tax base that she's able to create through the people and projects that their businesses create.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT