ADVERTISEMENT

Helmet rule...reminds me of the Ohio State beat down

kb851

Rowdy Reptile
Aug 2, 2004
Signature play of the game when our defender lost his helmet but still made a great tackle. Of course that game was such a beat down that there were scores of solid defensive plays but that one sticks out.

So in the ut Knoxville SC game a SC line,an has his helmet pushed off, then within a second he falls on an already sacked QB. Today when your helmet comes off you must stop. Not a bad rule. If you are the ball carrier the entire play is dead.

But, somehow the facemask or at least hands to the face by the ut lineman got missed, but the one second immediate reactionary falling on an already going down QB does not.

Rule needs to be addressed.

Signature play of the game when our defender lost his helmet but still made a great tackle. Of course that game was such a beat down that there were scores of solid defensive plays but that one sticks out.

So in the ut Knoxville SC game a SC line,an has his helmet pushed off, then within a second he falls on an already sacked QB. Today when your helmet comes off you must stop. Not a bad rule. If you are the ball carrier the entire play is dead.

But, somehow the facemask or at least hands to the face by the ut lineman got missed, but the one second immediate reactionary falling on an already going down QB does not.

Rule needs to be addressed.

I doubt they change it because of PC reasons but I don't remember another player ever hitting a helmetless player in the head with his helmet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT