ADVERTISEMENT

Florida @ South Carolina

Sad. Thank God there’s 2 weeks off of this bullshit! Strength and conditioning is a failure level 0!

Mertz just ain't got the gun for the deep balls. Receivers are open for that but have to wait on the ball.

Why is he running 10 yards backwards? Just form a wedge around him, then take a knee a couple of yards behind the line

UGly struggled mightily with Vandy today so..........😯

giphy.gif

Reactions: gatorRAD
Too early to start talking about the mutts, but I'd game plan stuffing their tight ends on the LOS and not letting them get off the ball. As for Bowers, if he's healthy...... 😂

karate-kid-sweep-the-leg.gif

This was a wise move to give The Cocks a safety rather than punting the ball. Shane Beamer is a special teams freak and there was a higher probability they'd block the punt.
I don't disagree. I just didn't see the safety coming as part of the strategy. I was cringing at backing up to the end zone and end up having to punt.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
What Mertz has done this year is absolutely spectacular. They guy is running for his life most of the game. Clearly the MVP so far this season. Oline needs a ton of work and we've got to figure out a way to get a push on defensive line.
Dline isn't horrible. But they sometimes play undisciplined against mobile QBs. They try to take the quick angle to the QB instead of zoning off their escape routes and burn us with a scramble either up the middle or to the outside. The second half, the defensive coordinator definitely coached them up on that, and it rattled Rattler for the most part.

What Mertz has done this year is absolutely spectacular. They guy is running for his life most of the game. Clearly the MVP so far this season. Oline needs a ton of work and we've got to figure out a way to get a push on defensive line.
Agree. Mertz is a tough MF’er. Kept dusting himself off and getting up yesterday. Love his energy and effort.

If we could just protect him a little bit better, we could give any team a game.

Billy did right by us bringing Mertz here. Really great addition.

I haven't read the 2 pages first, just putting these comments out there on the day after....

The Gator's beat a 2-4 SCa by 2 Pt's in their house, while some of the Gator fans act like it's a marvelous win for the program. Well, at this point, maybe it is.....

The iG's 'positions game ball' went to the receivers, for battling and catching some really poorly thrown passes. Mertz down the field throws were mostly of the 50/50 type throws on the completions, or they were over-throws or under-throws, but at least he's mostly accurate on his short throws.
Through seven games, Mertz ranks No. 1 among SEC QB's with a completion rate of 76.2%, while his 163.8 passing efficiency rating stands at No. 6.

My individual game balls went to Pearsall, Wilson III, and Trey Smack.
And in my view, Trey is still perfect kicking, because he didn't miss, it was blocked and not his fault. It wasn't a low kick and it would have been good if not blocked. (ST's still weak)

Eugene gets a special game saving commendation for his alert deflection catch off a Ricky miss. Very lucky (a miracle) that it wasn't incomplete, or worse intercepted instead.
I said that it might take a miracle to beat the cocks, and it did imo.

I'm also left wondering who gave Billy that game plan, and who was calling the plays for him through his headset??? 🤷‍♂️ --- 😉

Note: Dumb at the end for not running off time before the knee on 1st down, with SCa having 3 time-outs remaining. Had they done that, the clock would have run out and the safety at the end would not have been needed.

Florida's defense falls apart, again, but regroups at a critical moment. With 37 Pt's and 465 total yards, and they allowed South Carolina's SEC-worst rushing attack to nearly double its average weekly output with 152 rushing yards. Their stepping up at the end to stymie the cocks attempt to run out the clock was their high point imo.

A win is a win is a win, but it's truly just one game. What's next for the 5-2 / 3-1 Gators?

Jax UGly ---> 37 - 20 VU (playing on cruise control)
Ark ----------> 21 - 24 Bama (probably the Gator's best chance for a 6th win)
@ LSU ------> 48 - 18 AU
@ Miz ------> 38 - 21 UK (UF 14 - 33 UK)
FSU ---------> 41 - 3 Syracuse (another 40+ pt scoring game for them)

I'm still seeing a 5-7 / 3-4 season, unless they can pull another rabbit outta the hat to get to 6 wins and a bottom of the barrel bowl game... I'm just another Gator suffering a win.... 😉

Nothing you, I, or anyone else says about it matters or will change anything, it is what it is....
Good to get a road win anyway,,,, so GooooooooooGATORS!

I haven't read the 2 pages first, just putting these comments out there on the day after....

The Gator's beat a 2-4 SCa by 2 Pt's in their house, while some of the Gator fans act like it's a marvelous win for the program. Well, at this point, maybe it is.....

The iG's 'positions game ball' went to the receivers, for battling and catching some really poorly thrown passes. Mertz down the field throws were mostly of the 50/50 type throws on the completions, or they were over-throws or under-throws, but at least he's mostly accurate on his short throws.
Through seven games, Mertz ranks No. 1 among SEC QB's with a completion rate of 76.2%, while his 163.8 passing efficiency rating stands at No. 6.

My individual game balls went to Pearsall, Wilson III, and Trey Smack.
And in my view, Trey is still perfect kicking, because he didn't miss, it was blocked and not his fault. It wasn't a low kick and it would have been good if not blocked. (ST's still weak)

Eugene gets a special game saving commendation for his alert deflection catch off a Ricky miss. Very lucky (a miracle) that it wasn't incomplete, or worse intercepted instead.
I said that it might take a miracle to beat the cocks, and it did imo.

I'm also left wondering who gave Billy that game plan, and who was calling the plays for him through his headset??? 🤷‍♂️ --- 😉

Note: Dumb at the end for not running off time before the knee on 1st down, with SCa having 3 time-outs remaining. Had they done that, the clock would have run out and the safety at the end would not have been needed.

Florida's defense falls apart, again, but regroups at a critical moment. With 37 Pt's and 465 total yards, and they allowed South Carolina's SEC-worst rushing attack to nearly double its average weekly output with 152 rushing yards. Their stepping up at the end to stymie the cocks attempt to run out the clock was their high point imo.

A win is a win is a win, but it's truly just one game. What's next for the 5-2 / 3-1 Gators?

Jax UGly ---> 37 - 20 VU (playing on cruise control)
Ark ----------> 21 - 24 Bama (probably the Gator's best chance for a 6th win)
@ LSU ------> 48 - 18 AU
@ Miz ------> 38 - 21 UK (UF 14 - 33 UK)
FSU ---------> 41 - 3 Syracuse (another 40+ pt scoring game for them)

I'm still seeing a 5-7 / 3-4 season, unless they can pull another rabbit outta the hat to get to 6 wins and a bottom of the barrel bowl game... I'm just another Gator suffering a win.... 😉

Nothing you, I, or anyone else says about it matters or will change anything, it is what it is....
Good to get a road win anyway,,,, so GooooooooooGATORS!
Funny how you've always been a sunshine pumper until your beloved Cousin Eddie got canned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT