ADVERTISEMENT

Florida @ South Carolina

Typical on how incorrect and/or two-faced you can be on any subject. 🤦‍♂️
Not picking an argument here, but was it you that said Pearsall wasn't a good player? Someone here was spreading that nonsense here last year.

Not picking an argument here, but was it you that said Pearsall wasn't a good player? Someone here was spreading that nonsense here last year.
Close but no cigar bubba.
Last year I said that Pearsall wasn't the best receiver on the roster, and I'll stay with that.
The other guy went in the draft, while Pearsall had to come back to improve his stock.
This year, he may be the best, as he's certainly the one that the most plays are called for.
But Wilson might be the best, just not the most experienced.

Funny how you've always been a sunshine pumper until your beloved Cousin Eddie got canned.

Funnier how you're just as clueless as I'm come to expect from an iG troll....

And I see that you've picked apart my post with your usual lack of knowledge or any finesse....
😜

This is accurate. Basically said we gave up a ship on a transfer when we had much better receivers on the roster that we let slip away for some supposed Napier agenda..then came the infamous manipulated stats. Mertz keeps playing this well he will get amnesia on that too.

Beamer seriously needs to calm down on the sidelines or he’s gonna have an an aneurysm.

He was more excited than a teenage boy in the parking lot at prom.

Then he pretty much throws his players under the bus in those post-game quotes.

Not a good recipe for long-term success, but then again…it’s South Carolina…

https://brobible.com/sports/article/shane-beamer-deflects-gators-troll-gamecocks/

Last edited:
Excerpt from the article to which I posted a link yesterday.

"With his latest dazzling performance, a 10-catch, 166-yard showing with the game-winning score against South Carolina, Pearsall became just the fifth active FBS player to eclipse 2,000 career receiving yards, joining LSU wideout Malik Nabers, Virginia wideout Malik Washington, Colorado wideout Xavier Weaver and Washington wideout Rome Odunze.

Pearsall is also on track to become the first Gator receiver to eclipse 1,000-yards in a season since Taylor Jacobs in 2002 and, barring something completely unforeseen, will be his team's leading receiver for the third-consecutive year."

I’ll admit I was in the camp that wasn’t thrilled with Pearsal ( or Mertz either) but boy was I wrong. Where would this team be without those two guys?
He looked like a legit slot guy - 2nd team all-sec imo when I saw him.

I only thought we needed a traditional true #1 guy on the outside, if that makes sense. In some ways we still do. Pearall + Wilson and now the TE Bordingham are great pieces. What w'ere missing is the taller - downfield guy that can stretch the field every down.

We're getting there though.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Beamer seriously needs to calm down on the sidelines or he’s gonna have an an aneurysm.

He was more excited than a teenage boy in the parking lot at prom.

Then he pretty much throws his players under the bus in those post-game quotes.

Not a good recipe for long-term success, but then again…it’s South Carolina…

https://brobible.com/sports/article/shane-beamer-deflects-gators-troll-gamecocks/
I use to like him - but his presser was beyond ridiculous. He wasn't a good representative in that moment.

Agree. Mertz is a tough MF’er. Kept dusting himself off and getting up yesterday. Love his energy and effort.

If we could just protect him a little bit better, we could give any team a game.

Billy did right by us bringing Mertz here. Really great addition.
Respect…

71191807007-ap-23288016193031.jpg

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Excerpt from the article to which I posted a link yesterday.

"With his latest dazzling performance, a 10-catch, 166-yard showing with the game-winning score against South Carolina, Pearsall became just the fifth active FBS player to eclipse 2,000 career receiving yards, joining LSU wideout Malik Nabers, Virginia wideout Malik Washington, Colorado wideout Xavier Weaver and Washington wideout Rome Odunze.

Pearsall is also on track to become the first Gator receiver to eclipse 1,000-yards in a season since Taylor Jacobs in 2002 and, barring something completely unforeseen, will be his team's leading receiver for the third-consecutive year."
He was our best receiver last year and again this year. Runs great routes.

14th most passing yards and 3rd best completion % in D1. Pretty danged good and according to his coach it's all due to his work ethic and competitiveness.
He's really performed very well. Could you imagine if we had just an average offensive line?

I was not sold on Mertz until this game. I think for whatever reason CBN has been holding him back. Definitely getting Wuerffel vibes when he gets to his feet after our OL lets him get trucked for the kabillionth time.

I keep forgetting how young this team is, and they appear to be be making progress every game. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic though, because a 2 point come from behind road win against SCAR can be viewed two ways.

I am now firmly convinced we need an OC, a special teams coach, and both OL coaches need to go.

None of that is on the players.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Graham is a good Gator and a good Game Manager QB. Perhaps the biggest contributing factor to Mertz's career day at SCa was the emergence of a diverse arsenal of 8 pass-catchers.

From the pre-season, some were crying about the Gator receivers, while the iG said that they had plenty of talent at the receiver position.

Pearsall said about the Gators' youthful receiving corps. "They’re younger guys, yeah, but man, they got all the ability in the world.

Johnson, Boardingham and Hansen each caught passes on Florida's opening drive, which ended in a Trevor Etienne rushing TD. (Odom & Livingston injured)

One of the most important plays in the game was made by yet another Gators receiver. Kahleil Jackson has already made a name for himself by producing multiple acrobatic (poorly thrown) catches this season, but he created his biggest one to date early in the second quarter, a diving reception for a 45-yard gain that set Florida up in the red zone for a lead-taking TD. The score was also caught by Jackson, in the back left corner of the end zone.
> The iG has been calling for him to play more since last season.

The SEC gave Mertz the credit and the weekly award, but it was the receivers group that deserved the credit more imo.... The spectacular catches are the result from all of those poorly thrown passes....
As always, JMOHO's....

• Haha
Reactions: Countygator1
Agree with Country.

The point is Mertz is 18th in the nation in passing efficiency and 14th in passing yards.

All while being harassed on most plays.

That is more than “game managing” folks.

This dude is seriously delivering for Florida any way you slice it.

And he has a toughness and grit we haven’t seen on this team in a LONG time.

We could use a lot more guys like him, which is as big a complement as sadgator can give. We have immeasurably upgraded the QB spot from where we have been.

Agree with Country.

The point is Mertz is 18th in the nation in passing efficiency and 14th in passing yards.

All while being harassed on most plays.

That is more than “game managing” folks.

This dude is seriously delivering for Florida any way you slice it.

And he has a toughness and grit we haven’t seen on this team in a LONG time.

We could use a lot more guys like him, which is as big a complement as sadgator can give. We have immeasurably upgraded the QB spot from where we have been.
As great as he is played this year and hopefully continue to play at a high level, Next year with all that receiving talent we should be really good on offense if the O-line gets better.

And he isn’t a head case, doesn’t run his mouth about how great he is or that he from another planet (sorry insta), doesn’t hold back in effort, and doesn’t do reckless backflips prior to games…

So that’s a plus…
Hmm, doesn't run his mouth about how great he is...refreshing...

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Mertz > than AR for the Gator football program. Who would ever have thought that? But I do now.
AR had such a high ceiling for football skills, but never came close to accomplishing the potential. Also if he were a boxer, he'd be diagnosed with a glass jaw. He's way too injury prone and it showed in his play last year, when not hurt, playing tentatively.

McNeese
Charlotte
Candy
Lamecocks
Kensucky
Tennis-sea
=====
UGly
Ark
@LSU
@ Mizz
FSUcks

😎

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet Deion and his 8 toes would trade places with this Fuching dips1t.

Shane Beaver is a bigger dips1t than I ever thought. The dumbass broke his foot kicking a Gatorade cooler.

AR had such a high ceiling for football skills, but never came close to accomplishing the potential. Also if he were a boxer, he'd be diagnosed with a glass jaw. He's way too injury prone and it showed in his play last year, when not hurt, playing tentatively.
AR is like an F1 car racing in nascar. He’s quicker and faster than everyone else, but if he gets caught up in traffic his race is over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT