ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia - Tenn

Their recruiting has never been close to their issue
Head Ball Coach Spurrier seemed to love opportunities to comment on "their recruiting", in words a lot like this:
"Well, if you look at the recruiting ratings after Signing Day, Georgia's always ranked higher than we are. So I'm not sure why they're not beating us in our annual meetings in Jax."

Caught up in the spirit of some meeting, presumably an off-season local Gator-Club meeting where Spurrier believed he could speak more freely than usual, he once made a comment a lot like "as long as Ray Goff is Georgia's head coach, they'll never beat us". Someone eventually blabbed, and the quote was printed, but it didn't inspire Goff's players to change the annual results.

Spurrier used to tell the players what the spreads were and that "we better win by much more than that"...

Reactions: seffnergator
took some *** beatings in the 70s and 80s
Very effing few. 1982 or 83 (think it was 83 without looking). In the 70's UF had better talent than UGA but managed to choke those away. In the 80's with less talent UF held their own and all but snatched UGA's only NC away from them and Hershel Walker if a DB doesn't slip and fall down on an 8 yard pass that goes 80 yards. In fact UF gave UGA fits with Walker and except for one year, then curb stomped them in 1984.
Spurrier changed that whole culture and literally made UGA his personal bitch.

That's because Spurrier is the best SEC coach in the modern era, and it's a huge disrespect that Saban gets shadowed so far over him.. Spurrier kicked everyones ass in the SEC, even Nicky... Multiple times, and gave him his worst losses that iv'e ever seen him have, still to this day..

41-9, 44-15, 35-10

How many other times have you seen anyone beat Saban by that many scores?

Reactions: seffnergator
Just one PA pass for a TD like this, would be nice to ever see again...

I said I wouldn't be surprised if they played them well like the last 4 games, where they got up early and blew 17-21 plus leads in each of those years.

They are overrated because they are seen as Bama from the East 5 games in after 5 losses last year.. Even if they are the best in the East, they still can't compete to win the league. They will have at the very least 2 losses

LOL! Our defense can compete with anyone ( where have you been the last 5 weeks?) and our offense isn't too shabby....and improving weekly. We'll make believers out of you as well soon enough. Kirby's building a monster.

Just one PA pass for a TD like this, would be nice to ever see again...

What nobody has mentioned about this video is one of the things that Gators loved and rivals hated about Spurrier. He was wearing white jerseys at home just because he knew LSU had a thing about wearing white all the time. He would make them wear purple just for pure meanness. It was great.

that is about the only time I can ever remember wearing white tops at home, if ever.. That might be the only time...

They always blow UT out in the first half, 4 years in a row maybe 5..Other years they blew the lead EVERY single one of those, but the players finally gave up and quit on Jones.. He might legit be fired by tomorrow... TOMORROW

UGA QB ain't worth a damn and they'd be up more if he was, that's just how bad UT has been. They played worse than the first half against us with the same crowd pattern and unis.. Somehow they are worse than us and our staff

You are an IDIOT. I've read every one of your posts ITT and yep, you are an IDIOT. Trash talk UGA all you want but your team needed a miracle to beat UT in the final seconds.,,,,a UT team UGA boat raced from the first kickoff. I could go on making points about how big a fool you made yourself look time and again but I'll just wait until about 7:30 PM Saturday to come back and visit. UGA all up in your head.....LOL.

Reactions: Spive-dog
That's because Spurrier is the best SEC coach in the modern era, and it's a huge disrespect that Saban gets shadowed so far over him.. Spurrier kicked everyones ass in the SEC, even Nicky... Multiple times, and gave him his worst losses that iv'e ever seen him have, still to this day..

41-9, 44-15, 35-10

How many other times have you seen anyone beat Saban by that many scores?
Mark Richt beat Saban 45-9 in 2004

You are an IDIOT. I've read every one of your posts ITT and yep, you are an IDIOT. Trash talk UGA all you want but your team needed a miracle to beat UT in the final seconds.,,,,a UT team UGA boat raced from the first kickoff. I could go on making points about how big a fool you made yourself look time and again but I'll just wait until about 7:30 PM Saturday to come back and visit. UGA all up in your head.....LOL.

of course you'll wait to see if it goes your way first

it's ok muffin we'll still be here no matter what

of course you'll wait to see if it goes your way first

it's ok muffin we'll still be here no matter what

@46885 Just stopped by to say hello and make sure you're still here.

Hugs............

Last edited:
They always blow UT out in the first half, 4 years in a row maybe 5..Other years they blew the lead EVERY single one of those, but the players finally gave up and quit on Jones.. He might legit be fired by tomorrow... TOMORROW

UGA QB ain't worth a damn and they'd be up more if he was, that's just how bad UT has been. They played worse than the first half against us with the same crowd pattern and unis.. Somehow they are worse than us and our staff

"QB ain't worth a damn." Lol 42-7

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
and yet again, the QB had to do nothing.. about the only time he was forced to throw he shit down his leg and tossed it right to Dawson, something you will see plenty of against Auburn and Bama soon...

and yet again, the QB had to do nothing.. about the only time he was forced to throw he shit down his leg and tossed it right to Dawson, something you will see plenty of against Auburn and Bama soon...
We own Auburn we've won 9 of the last 11 & made Malzahn look like a fool the last 3 years.

When I was a kid, it wasn't a question of IF Georgia would win, but by how much. But I was a kid and didn't know any better. I came to the University of Florida in '93 and turned away from the Darkside.

Mostly.

you notice how we never get this excited about beating uga as you do us

You are obviously a young guy who doesn't know jack shit about football, so I will assume you are good at something else. Fromm did throw an int when the RB stop on the route, apparently you were answering a call when he threw the TD when the game was still in doubt. Why throw the ball when you are averaging 8 yards a run? Too bad Kirby didn't read your post, maybe he wouldn't have called the Dawgs off and put up a few more on the Gates, but he knows McElwain and tried to save his job by not running it up. Maybe for UF's sake you hire another former co-worker and he will continue to take it easy on UF, after all he did let you score. Get use to it, maybe you will live long enough to see UF keep it to less than 30.

If they wanna beat good teams they will, any QB could beat a bad UT team turning the ball over every time they get it.. Even we would have blown them out playing like this with at least 2-3 turnovers no one on the defense even really did anything to make them take place.. The East is just bad, UGA OL is still not good enough, I can see right through this against UT and MSU that can't stop decent teams anyway
Brilliant hmmm I remember one time you guys playing

See, guys like you give UF a BAD BAD name. Prior to the head ball coach UF didn't even play football did they??? How many SEC's did yall have? Yes, he turned yall into a power and yall had a great run and got into our heads for several years... I'm not saying we will win as many as yall did in the last 20 yrs but I am saying we have a coach now and it will be competitive again. And one other thing you young ones need to take a look at the all time series record. You would think as much as you had our number since Spurrier arrived yall would have the lead.... but not so fast my friend,,lol,, now go wash your face and change your diaper and maybe we will give you a cookie after dinner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT