ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia fans make me laugh

Why don’t you go back and compare Kirby and Dabo’s first 3 years as head coaches and get back to me. Factoring in the fact that the ACC is basically a basketball conference and the SEC is the top football conference in the land, makes what Kirby has done even more impressive. I follow Uga football very closely, and know what he is building in Athens. It took Dabo 9 years to get there, yet you’re trashing my coach for not getting it done in 3.

Why does a Clemson fan care if I’m barking at a rival?
Because your fanbase has been acting like an obnoxious drunk bragging about something that has not happened. You can’t listen to sports radio without UGA fans calling in talking about what’s about to happen, talk shit to Bama, and carry on like you’re some historical program. You’re a regional program that got a taste of the big time and now you’re a kid tasting sugar for the first time.

Reactions: PlutoDroid
Because your fanbase has been acting like an obnoxious drunk bragging about something that has not happened. You can’t listen to sports radio without UGA fans calling in talking about what’s about to happen, talk shit to Bama, and carry on like you’re some historical program. You’re a regional program that got a taste of the big time and now you’re a kid tasting sugar for the first time.
Regional programs don’t recruiting on a national level buddy. Try harder. I’m not calling in on sports radio, I’m commenting on Mullen vs Kirby comparisons. I’m sorry that hurts some people’s feelings.

Last edited:
Regional programs don’t recruiting on a national level buddy. Try harder. I’m not calling in on sports radio, I’m commenting on Mullen vs Kirby comparisons. I’m sorry that hurts some people’s feelings.

Except the Clemson fan hasn't been talking about Mullen vs. Kirby. He's simply talking about how loud your fans have been barking despite not really accomplishing much, especially compared to teams like Clemson. UF fans ain't the only ones that see it. Y'all act like y'all have been on a run of championships or something.

Except the Clemson fan hasn't been talking about Mullen vs. Kirby. He's simply talking about how loud your fans have been barking despite not really accomplishing much, especially compared to teams like Clemson. UF fans ain't the only ones that see it. Y'all act like y'all have been on a run of championships or something.
I know exactly what he’s insinuating, but the only people barking recently has been the gator fan base and Dan Mullen. Glad my coach isn’t barking like that. Going to bite him in the ass...

I know exactly what he’s insinuating, but the only people barking recently has been the gator fan base and Dan Mullen. Glad my coach isn’t barking like that. Going to bite him in the ass...

UF fans have been running around telling everyone they’re gonna be winning multiple championships and how they’re gonna be the one to stop Bama’s dynasty? Interesting. Because I could have sworn that was UGA, the program who dubbed themselves ‘Bama East.’ Trolling isn’t barking. Especially not the overly obnoxious barking y’all have been doing.

UF fans have been running around telling everyone they’re gonna be winning multiple championships and how they’re gonna be the one to stop Bama’s dynasty? Interesting. Because I could have sworn that was UGA, the program who dubbed themselves ‘Bama East.’ Trolling isn’t barking. Especially not the overly obnoxious barking y’all have been doing.
I have never said anything like that, and haven't seen any of my peeps on here saying it either. Y’all keep saying this, why don’t you prove it? Go pull up some of these posts...

As for the Bama mouth and Vandy trophy case, UGA has more and the most recent SEC championships and if we counted NC the way Bama does we would have more NC as well.

The NCAA lists 22 NCs for Alabama, IIRC.

Alabama claims 17. And they honestly should claim the 1945 and 1966 titles and could claim the 1977 title.

If you counted NCs the way Bama does, you'd only claim the 1980 NC. If we counted NCs the way Georgia does, we'd have 20 right now.

I have never said anything like that, and haven't seen any of my peeps on here saying it either. Y’all keep saying this, why don’t you prove it? Go pull up some of these posts...
You may not have said anything like that but your brethren on here certainly have. You keep getting offended like you are the spokesman for your fanbase. Your fans have absolutely been on here proclaiming a future dynasty is on its way based on one season. You have an Alabama fan calling your guys out because after the national title choke job your fanbase thought they’d arrived and ran their mouths about Bama relentlessly. Most FSU fans don’t really care about you except those of us unfortunate enough to be around your fanbase, and now Clemson is showing up to call you out.

The truth is you hope Kirby does what Dabo has done. Taken a regional program and given it a national brand. It takes time, ebbs and flows, it’s more than just a couple recruiting classes. But he’s got the machine rolling. They didn’t accept moral victories when they kept coming up short. You guys blame refs, youth, brand new coach, players, etc.

We have been running around claiming we are better than Alabama? Where, who and when? Are you that sensitive as a fan base that you can't take our coach doing an obvious troll job? Sorry, he is a Gator and proud to show his colors. Take it as a sign of respect, you are his next target.

Nobody in this conference has stepped up to Alabama. They are the kings and no Florida fan that I know has run their mouth like the Georgia fan base has. Funny how they think they are destined to take the mantle. Try winning something first, then run your mouth. Remember that stretch of SEC National Title winners we started in '06?

How many SEC teams won a title in that span? Was Georgia one of them? For the life of me I can't recall ever seeing Georgia win a championship in my lifetime. Have you? Alabama has won so much it must be getting boring.

Let's hold off on planning a coronation until somebody in this league steps up and does what Clemson has done. Dabo Sweeney is elite, Nick Saban is possibly the greatest of all time. Kirby Smart and Dan Mullen still have much to prove.

But the UF staff IS pretty good at player development. Looks like they are better than the Georgia staff.

Kirby IS very good at recruiting, but lets remember that his recruiting pitch to these kids is that Georgia is going to be the new Alabama. And so far, they haven't been.

Kids aren't going to keep coming to Georgia if Kirby can't come through on those big promises. So Georgia is the one that stands to be in trouble here, not Florida.
You really don't know Smart. He doesn't have to mention Alabama. I'm sorry to break this to you, but other schools don't have to talk about Alabama while recruiting.

What coach doesn’t? He’s been a head coach all of 3 years and is 22-2 the last two regular seasons with an SEC Championship and CFP win. I think he’s doing just fine.

It’s also the weakest the sec east has been for awhile. Winning the east the last couple years isn’t like having that same record in the 90s. Hell, even macelwain won it. We look like we’re on the way back. Once Tennessee gets competitive again we’ll see how dominant he is.

You really don't know Smart. He doesn't have to mention Alabama. I'm sorry to break this to you, but other schools don't have to talk about Alabama while recruiting.

So what exactly do you think Kirby talked about when he arrived at Georgia? How did he sell himself to recruits without mentioning Alabama?

Let's be honest, bud... UGA fans have a ALABAMA mouth and a VANDY trophy case, so it doesn't have to be KIRBY doing the talking, you guys do enough of that to be despised as a fan base without winning anything significant since 1980 (#14,000days).

KIRBY took a step back THIS YEAR, going from leading the NCG at the half in 2017 and losing in OT, to not even being competitive in a NY6 loss to #15 TEXAS. Factor in a non-competitive game at LSU and I'm beginning to wonder if you even follow UGA football?

You guys were in a rush to get Kirby because Mouth Carolina was sniffing around, you fired RICHT (I don't blame you) and rushed out to get a coach who had never been an HC and most likely was a "puppet" DC on SABAN's staff. You paid him an exorbitant salary thinking that would validate him...it doesn't! You have to win more than a fictitious recruiting title to bark as much as you do.

#WOOFWOOF on that!
LOL... you're own coach admitted you have a nice pay to players scheme going... your OWN coach. Ostarine is illegal everywhere but it shows up at Clemson in products used by players given to them by Clemson. You're the Auburn of the ACC.

Do UGA fans believe the bulldogs would have beaten Clemson in the playoffs this year?

Do UGA fans believe the bulldogs would have beaten Clemson in the playoffs this year?
I don't know. I haven't seen it discussed nor has it been brought up in my circles. It would have been very competitive imo... we just didn't have the team leadership last year.

The NCAA lists 22 NCs for Alabama, IIRC.

Alabama claims 17. And they honestly should claim the 1945 and 1966 titles and could claim the 1977 title.

If you counted NCs the way Bama does, you'd only claim the 1980 NC. If we counted NCs the way Georgia does, we'd have 20 right now.

Incorrect, NCAA credits them with 13, Bama claims 1 awarded to them by some random guy awarded to them 40 years after their 3 loss season.

www.ncaa.com

Why are you mentioning UF in response to a Clemson fan? You’re obsessed. Suffice to say UF isn’t the only fan base who notices that y’all talk like you’re the New England Patriots after what was one good season, bookended by a 5 and 3-loss season. But let y’all tell it everyone should fear UGA and bow to the impending dynasty.

Not everyone, just UF. UF had a nice 20 year run on us, it over, has been for 10 years and now we are set to take control of the series again..

As for him being a Clemson fan he isn't too proud of it or he would have something identifying him as one. last time we played we beat the brakes off them and made them quit. They had a few players slow getting the PED out of their system, would they have enough to field a team if it was given a week before the opener?

We have been running around claiming we are better than Alabama? Where, who and when? Are you that sensitive as a fan base that you can't take our coach doing an obvious troll job? Sorry, he is a Gator and proud to show his colors. Take it as a sign of respect, you are his next target.

Nobody in this conference has stepped up to Alabama. They are the kings and no Florida fan that I know has run their mouth like the Georgia fan base has. Funny how they think they are destined to take the mantle. Try winning something first, then run your mouth. Remember that stretch of SEC National Title winners we started in '06?

How many SEC teams won a title in that span? Was Georgia one of them? For the life of me I can't recall ever seeing Georgia win a championship in my lifetime. Have you? Alabama has won so much it must be getting boring.

Let's hold off on planning a coronation until somebody in this league steps up and does what Clemson has done. Dabo Sweeney is elite, Nick Saban is possibly the greatest of all time. Kirby Smart and Dan Mullen still have much to prove.
I said you’ve been barking. I said nothing about you claiming to be the next bama. The 14,000 day comment, Mullen’s spring game comments, etc. You know exactly what I’m referring to...

Last edited:
It’s also the weakest the sec east has been for awhile. Winning the east the last couple years isn’t like having that same record in the 90s. Hell, even macelwain won it. We look like we’re on the way back. Once Tennessee gets competitive again we’ll see how dominant he is.
How about winning the SEC? You going to give us credit for that or nah?

Not everyone, just UF. UF had a nice 20 year run on us, it over, has been for 10 years and now we are set to take control of the series again..

As for him being a Clemson fan he isn't too proud of it or he would have something identifying him as one. last time we played we beat the brakes off them and made them quit. They had a few players slow getting the PED out of their system, would they have enough to field a team if it was given a week before the opener?

And this is a perfect example of the arrogance I'm talking about. In the last 10 years, the record is 5-5 between UF and UGA. In the last 5 years both teams have played in the SEC Championship 2 times a piece. And this is with 2 of the worst coaches in UF's history while that 10 year stretch had y'all with the winningest coach in your history plus the GOAT Kang Kirby. Would seem like to me the record should be far more in your favor.

To be fair, wouldnt 2009 be included in the last ten years? Putting UF at three sec championship game appearances? Tebow’s last year which all of your rivals were thanking Alabama for showing up.

Who’s disrespecting Mullen? Is calling someone a not so great recruiter and saying Kirby is better considered disrespect? Based on what we’ve seen, it’s pretty accurate.

The point is not really whether Smart is pretty good or whether he has had nice success at least measured by Georgia standards. He has. Losing a title game and a modest two game win streak over Florida far exceeds Georgia’s typical results and he should be commended for that. Not every team can be good enough to get reamed by Texas.

With that, in typical Georgia fashion, they are equating their success with Miami of the 1980s-1990s success, or Gator mid to late 2000s success, or Southern Cal 2000s success or Alabama now success.

By those measures the deification of Smart as though he is sliced bread seem adorable.

And, Georgia fans have smaller penis sizes on average. FACT.

So, seek national title style congratulations elsewhere.

Incorrect, NCAA credits them with 13, Bama claims 1 awarded to them by some random guy awarded to them 40 years after their 3 loss season.

www.ncaa.com

It was 20 a few years ago, we've won a couple of NCs since so that's 22.

The 1968 NC is a garbage claim awarded by a garbage poll. But when you have the NC trophy case of Vandy....you gotta pad it somehow so I get it.

Hope. Before their 2-game winning streak, UF had just won 3 in a row. Again...with the two worst coaches in UF's modern history. I really have never seen so much barking from a fanbase over two good years.

Hope. Before their 2-game winning streak, UF had just won 3 in a row. Again...with the two worst coaches in UF's modern history. I really have never seen so much barking from a fanbase over two good years.
Yep... that's (2 of them) why Richt is gone. Not to sound like a smartarse, but all Florida has is modern history.

Wait for it.....
Kirby Smart, but you already knew that. He's in your head. :D

What has Kirby Smart done to make you think the Florida-Georgia series is suddenly about to be dominated by Georgia?

And keep in mind.....Kirby is 0-2 versus Bama and you also think he's about to take over Bama as well.

Mullen won 10 games with McElwains players!

He took MSU as far as he could with the talent he could get there, which wasn’t much. Mullen has coached circles around what Kirby has done at UGA.

Mullen won 10 games with McElwains players!

He took MSU as far as he could with the talent he could get there, which wasn’t much. Mullen has coached circles around what Kirby has done at UGA.
Except for when he's actually coached against Smart. :eek:

What has Kirby Smart done to make you think the Florida-Georgia series is suddenly about to be dominated by Georgia?

And keep in mind.....Kirby is 0-2 versus Bama and you also think he's about to take over Bama as well.
Your Bama comment has nothing to do with UGA-UF and you're wrong again. I've never said he's about to take over Bama. Do you always make up things? I said I think we win the SEC this year (in spite of our huge scheduling disadvantage).
I think Kirby is turning the tide on UF because he's doing what he said from day 1 at his hiring press conference.

How about winning the SEC? You going to give us credit for that or nah?

I’ve been more than generous giving you credit. But you guys are touting the last two years and yeah, it’s an impressive run, but it’s not quite the gauntlet that the west is. We were terrible his first couple years and so is Tennessee and having your biggest conference rivals in the tank does make itceasier

I said you’ve been barking. I said nothing about you claiming to be the next bama. The 14,000 day comment, Mullen’s spring game comments, etc. You know exactly what I’m referring to...

This is a message board, a Florida Gator message board. The 14,000 day comment is in direct reference to your fan base talking as if it's the next great dynasty. You don't see us making videos on YouTube or calling into the Finebaum show spouting off about bad calls or pounding our chests about almost.

Dan Mullen has never backed down , even when he is obviously trolling. Urban Meyer had a little of that in him, especially showing it when Lane Kiffin spoke out. He also publicly spoke on how Florida deserved a shot in '06 over Michigan to play Ohio State for the National Title.

Steve Spurrier regularly trashed and trolled. That personality works here, we don't care if your fans don't like it. Your coach has the personality of a paint can, nothing wrong with that. Move on and stop whining about Dan Mullen trolling you. He wants you to get upset.

It's why I don't get upset or defensive when you guys talk about the thrashing your team is going to deal us this year. I like the bravado, but you have that right over us. You don't have any bragging rights over Clemson or Alabama.

This comment is not directed at you directly, it's pointed at the large swath of fans who have claimed Kirby Smart is on Nick Saban or Dabo Sweeneys level. He is not, he may prove to be in time, but as of this moment he is nothing but an elite recruiter, and a decent manager of all that talent. Dan Mullen isn't yet elite either, we like his chances to prove he is in time though. None of us know what will happen, we can speculate. Just don't be shocked if you don't find the view of your coach to be as great outside of Athens. Nick Saban ,Urban Meyer, and Dabo Sweeney are viewed as elite nationwide. They have proven it.

Last edited:

They come on here and tell us how irrelevant we are, they speak on Dan Mullens credentials. His lack of recruiting/coaching acumen etc.

Now here is where it gets silly. The man can't recruit because of his time in Starkville, Kirby Smart is a great recruiter and game coach apparently. So Dan has a handicap for his lack of success against Nick Saban because he starts out with less talent.

Kirby Smart has more talent and better schemes right? Then explain to me how he has choked against his daddy at every turn. How did he not get his team up for the Sugar Bowl against Texas? Please answer these questions for me. I mean Dan Mullen got his less talented guys up for the Peach Bowl.

Also Alabama is your daddy, so you have no legs to stand on when you try to denigrate them. They have owned you, Ole Miss has more wins against Nick Saban than your entire program. Keep talking though. You keep looking up at daddy and forget about what Florida is capable of with a real coach.

What happens first, you catch them or get caught by us? Dan had FSU in his sights last year, stopped that streak. You guys are next. Let's see how long it takes to close that gap. Remember that Dan can't recruit though, Kirby is an elite recruiter/gameday coach. You should smoke our talentless and poorly coached team this year.
The Peach Bowl was Florida's Super Bowl. That's apples to oranges.
You can't tell me Florida fans weren't absolutely thrilled to be in that game considering how bad you guys were in 2017.
Also there's no excuse for Georgia not being ready to play Texas in the Sugar Bowl. Very frustrating game to watch.

Georgia's talent level will never match Bama's because Saban's staff can evaluate and develop talent, Kirby's cannot.
Whatever cousin eddie gave you folks to smoke, I want some.

42-18-4

Check out our h2h record...

If Georgia's a regional program what does that make Clemson?

The Peach Bowl was Florida's Super Bowl. That's apples to oranges.
You can't tell me Florida fans weren't absolutely thrilled to be in that game considering how bad you guys were in 2017.
Also there's no excuse for Georgia not being ready to play Texas in the Sugar Bowl. Very frustrating game to watch.

Who cares? Every coach worth his salt should get his team up to play. This Super Bowl line is an excuse to not give credit where it is due. Just stop with that right now, Michigan had players sit out, they had high end recruits fill in. They surely wanted to wipe that taste out of their mouth, you know the one where Ohio State rolled them. Instead they got a double dose, Florida played a top ten team that had more talent and destroyed them. You can bet the game in Jacksonville will be like a Super Bowl to Dan Mullen. So will Kentucky, Tennessee, LSU, Miami, and FSU.

If Georgia had whipped Texas I would have given Kirby full credit for bouncing back. A playoff caliber team should have trashed that Texas team. This was the last time that team had a shot to play together.

Reactions: instaGATOR

3,805 days.

That's how long it's been since Florida has won the SEC. Just the facts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT