ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia fans make me laugh

The point is that you have a very questionable line blocking for a statue. We don’t have that same question mark. Point is moot...

Questionable according to who, you? The same line you guys are telling us we’re doomed for losing was one of the worst in the country in 2017 and 3 of the starters just went undrafted. The only thing that changed in 2018 was the coach, all of a sudden they became great. Isn’t that interesting? And since when is a guy who runs 4.6 a statue? I’d like to know of all the 6’6, 240 lb. QB’s out there that are that fast.

Questionable according to who, you? The same line you guys are telling us we’re doomed for losing was one of the worst in the country in 2017 and 3 of the starters just went undrafted. The only thing that changed in 2018 was the coach, all of a sudden they became great. Isn’t that interesting? And since when is a guy who runs 4.6 a statue? I’d like to know of all the 6’6, 240 lb. QB’s out there that are that fast.

I'm beginning to think that Jaxmaktan doesn't really understand college football.

Reactions: fsumc
Mullen. He’s the one that referenced them in his post spring game message to potential OL recruits in the transfer portal.

Mullen. He’s the one that referenced them in his post spring game message to potential OL recruits in the transfer portal.

He was asked a question. He’s stated multiple times they’re always looking for help at any and every position. For some reason fans only focus on the OL. I don’t expect them to be great, but they weren’t last year either. If you want to go by those stars you guys all love so much the talent across the board is actually better.

Not really. The guys I listed can actually be asked live questions on national radio. LOL... it's not what you figured according to your original comment.

I figured you could find 2-3 national people that would say they like Kirby as a coach. Then again you can find 2-3 national people to say anything you want.

Good thing we have the best O line in the country. Imagine having one of the worst :rolleyes:

Georgia does have a very good offensive line, made Holyfield look like a better runner than he really was. Is it the same for Fromm too? Maybe, guess we'll see.

As far as coaching, since the OP is talking about that, I can count multiple games for Georgia where questionable coaching decisions cost Georgia games. Not kicking deep vs Tennessee leading to the hail mary? Fake punt? Fake field goal? Can't convert 4th and 1 against Vandy and lose at home? Maybe not all good recruiters are good head coaches and vice versa. Mullen definitely didnt lose to Georgia last year by being outcoached and you know that, a loss is a loss though. But what happens the next close game Georgia plays and Kirby blows it? It's coming, you just dont know when.

They come on here and tell us how irrelevant we are, they speak on Dan Mullens credentials. His lack of recruiting/coaching acumen etc.

Now here is where it gets silly. The man can't recruit because of his time in Starkville, Kirby Smart is a great recruiter and game coach apparently. So Dan has a handicap for his lack of success against Nick Saban because he starts out with less talent.

Kirby Smart has more talent and better schemes right? Then explain to me how he has choked against his daddy at every turn. How did he not get his team up for the Sugar Bowl against Texas? Please answer these questions for me. I mean Dan Mullen got his less talented guys up for the Peach Bowl.

Also Alabama is your daddy, so you have no legs to stand on when you try to denigrate them. They have owned you, Ole Miss has more wins against Nick Saban than your entire program. Keep talking though. You keep looking up at daddy and forget about what Florida is capable of with a real coach.

What happens first, you catch them or get caught by us? Dan had FSU in his sights last year, stopped that streak. You guys are next. Let's see how long it takes to close that gap. Remember that Dan can't recruit though, Kirby is an elite recruiter/gameday coach. You should smoke our talentless and poorly coached team this year.

State having 3 players taken in the 1st round of the draft kinda puts the no talent at State to sleep to everyone except the gator fans.

If you consider Saban being Kirby's daddy after 2 1 score losses and an 0-2 record. According to YOUR logic, that makes Kirby Dan's daddy after 2 blow out losses and an 0-2 record.

Georgia does have a very good offensive line, made Holyfield look like a better runner than he really was. Is it the same for Fromm too? Maybe, guess we'll see.

As far as coaching, since the OP is talking about that, I can count multiple games for Georgia where questionable coaching decisions cost Georgia games. Not kicking deep vs Tennessee leading to the hail mary? Fake punt? Fake field goal? Can't convert 4th and 1 against Vandy and lose at home? Maybe not all good recruiters are good head coaches and vice versa. Mullen definitely didnt lose to Georgia last year by being outcoached and you know that, a loss is a loss though. But what happens the next close game Georgia plays and Kirby blows it? It's coming, you just dont know when.

When Danny Boy gets within 3 scores brag on him.

If the only reason Kirby wins is because of talent you best get use to losing regular to UGA because the UF. Staff isn't very good at this recruiting deal

Reactions: almadawg0001

If the only reason Kirby wins is because of talent you best get use to losing regular to UGA because the UF. Staff isn't very good at this recruiting deal

I think you should hope talent can overcome Kirby's coaching shortcomings, because we have seen that he has them.

What coach doesn’t? He’s been a head coach all of 3 years and is 22-2 the last two regular seasons with an SEC Championship and CFP win. I think he’s doing just fine.

I agree, he is now after his first year. I just don't think it's a given that Georgia is going to run away and win the next 10 years like people think.

But the UF staff IS pretty good at player development. Looks like they are better than the Georgia staff.

Kirby IS very good at recruiting, but lets remember that his recruiting pitch to these kids is that Georgia is going to be the new Alabama. And so far, they haven't been.

Kids aren't going to keep coming to Georgia if Kirby can't come through on those big promises. So Georgia is the one that stands to be in trouble here, not Florida.

Kirby is perfect for UGA. Mullen is perfect for Florida. Neither coach is flawless nor incompetent. Kirby has accomplished more in terms of head coaching success than Mullen has.

As a program we still have a little catching up to do, and as a program UGA isn’t quite the infallible monster that some perceive them to be.

sadgator has said it many times, but he wouldn’t trade our situation for theirs, and he understands that they wouldn’t trade theirs for ours...

Which probably means both programs are positioned perfectly to have some pretty epic East battles over the next few years...

Now, let’s just both hope that UT stays down...

'4th & Dumb' has a record of doing less with more.

'Dan the Man' has a record of doing more with less.

Recruits, take your pick,,,, and then live with it for a lifetime. o_O

I think a 5 star back out of Lakeland just made his pick, not a good look for ole Dan.

Make sure you come back when 5-star Miles Murphy, who’s mother went to UGA, picks Clemson too. Clemson is annihilating everybody on the trail this year. 2 of the last 3 rings gets you those rewards.

Make sure you come back when 5-star Miles Murphy, who’s mother went to UGA, picks Clemson too. Clemson is annihilating everybody on the trail this year. 2 of the last 3 rings gets you those rewards.
Our silent big boys will start making it known soon. Clemson won’t be running away from us on the trail...

I think a 5 star back out of Lakeland just made his pick, not a good look for ole Dan.

Rivals 2020 Team Recruiting Rankings

5 - Florida
10 - Georgia

I see Georgia slipped another notch. Recruits catching on that Georgia isn't gonna be Bama East under Kirbs?

Our silent big boys will start making it known soon. Clemson won’t be running away from us on the trail...

They’re on pace to have the highest average per recruit ever. They’re at 96 per right now. So yes they’ll be killing y’all on the trail too. Especially after they get the Cali QB this weekend.

They’re on pace to have the highest average per recruit ever. They’re at 96 per right now. So yes they’ll be killing y’all on the trail too. Especially after they get the Cali QB this weekend.
Rumor has it that this will Kirby’s best class ever. I never doubt him on the trail...

Rumor has it that this will Kirby’s best class ever. I never doubt him on the trail...

He's gonna have to do better than last season, then. Another bedshitting in the SECCG and bowl and he might not get a Top 5 class.

Sorry, this class' final ranking will all come down to COACHING. That's why I'd pump the brakes on this 'best class ever' homerism.

State having 3 players taken in the 1st round of the draft kinda puts the no talent at State to sleep to everyone except the gator fans.

If you consider Saban being Kirby's daddy after 2 1 score losses and an 0-2 record. According to YOUR logic, that makes Kirby Dan's daddy after 2 blow out losses and an 0-2 record.

Dan is 0-1 at Florida(Starkville doesn't apply here to me), didn't make his name on Sabans staff. Your argument would make sense if it was Urban Meyer not Nick Saban.

Nick Saban is your daddy because he has owned your program for over a decade now. Keep up and listen closely now. I have given you guys props for beating us for the last two years. My point is your fanbase yapping at a far superior program in Alabama.

They are the kings until somebody takes them down in the SEC. So shut up and step up.

Dan is 0-1 at Florida(Starkville doesn't apply here to me), didn't make his name on Sabans staff. Your argument would make sense if it was Urban Meyer not Nick Saban.

Nick Saban is your daddy because he has owned your program for over a decade now. Keep up and listen closely now. I have given you guys props for beating us for the last two years. My point is your fanbase yapping at a far superior program in Alabama.

They are the kings until somebody takes them down in the SEC. So shut up and step up.

Why would they not apply? State had more talent than UF according to the NFL, yet Danny was calling timeout to avoid getting shut out, against our frost and 3rd steamers. To his credit he was able to score. Now you want to claim a19 point loss as a moral victory it appears.

But deny, twist the facts how ever you like, Dan as a playmaker is 0-9 against Kirby as a defensive coach. UGA is also undefeated against Grantham as a DC.

You want to know what they call coaches with reputations of great talent developers, runner ups. Teams making the playoffs aren't there because they are developing talent, there are there because they are signing it on signing days.

Why would they not apply? State had more talent than UF according to the NFL, yet Danny was calling timeout to avoid getting shut out, against our frost and 3rd steamers. To his credit he was able to score. Now you want to claim a19 point loss as a moral victory it appears.

But deny, twist the facts how ever you like, Dan as a playmaker is 0-9 against Kirby as a defensive coach. UGA is also undefeated against Grantham as a DC.

You want to know what they call coaches with reputations of great talent developers, runner ups. Teams making the playoffs aren't there because they are developing talent, there are there because they are signing it on signing days.

Listen up, I have said you guys owned us the last two years. You still maintain a major talent advantage thanks to McElwain. I'm not saying we are going to whip you this year. You have bragging rights over us for now.

What I said about Dan Mullen is...... it doesn't apply to my argument. I like how you tried to deviate from the subject matter though. Dan is 0-1 against Georgia at Florida. Florida is a much better program with a higher ceiling than Misssippi State, the fact they had more talent than us is really an indicator of the talent erosion McElwain caused here. Kirby walked into a much better situation than Dan did. Kirby smartly waited for a big time school with built in advantages and awaiting talent that offered him a greater chance at immediate success, he got that job because of the success he had under Nick Saban. Dan Mullen could have likely done the same, he chose to tackle a much harder gig though.

Now back to the topic at hand, tell me how you or your fanbase has any leg to stand on while speaking to the Alabama fanbase. You have been owned so much that your dog UGA has a Alabama tramp stamp. What have you done against them other than come close three times?

Easily one of the dumbest things I've ever read, which is saying a lot coming from this group. Using this logic Kirby has 6 national championships already. Wow.

They are having to add the ones that Saban won for him because they don't have faith in Kirby to win one on his own.

They aren't smart enough to see that they are telling us what they really think about Kirby and his chances of being successful at Georgia.

At least you admit we have bragging rights over you. I can respect that.

Just saying I wouldn’t expect Kirby’s teams to get worse moving forward. Recruiting is off the charts - addition by subtraction. Kirby will likely get as much time as he needs. Sec Championship, 2 sec east titles, and a national title game appearance in your first 3 years as a head coach will buy you some time. So will #1 recruiting classes. But what do I know?

I’d say the hole in your theory is that it’s not like Alabama has taken a step back in recruiting. That class at uga was good but the one at Alabama was pretty damn good as well, and they’ve been recruiting lights out for a decade, so their class is maturing as well, but they might not get on the field bc the class in front of that one was ridiculous too. So putting your hopes on closing the talent gap with them might not work out so well. It’s crazy how they just reload with 5 stars.

I’d say the hole in your theory is that it’s not like Alabama has taken a step back in recruiting. That class at uga was good but the one at Alabama was pretty damn good as well, and they’ve been recruiting lights out for a decade, so their class is maturing as well, but they might not get on the field bc the class in front of that one was ridiculous too. So putting your hopes on closing the talent gap with them might not work out so well. It’s crazy how they just reload with 5 stars.
Agree 100%, which is why we’ve been fizzling out against them in the second half. There 2nd and 3rd stringers could start for most teams. I’m just happy to have a guy that is taking advantage of all the resources a school like Georgia has to offer and is recruiting at an elite level. Bag man or not, wink wink, recruiting at that level ain’t easy. I’ll take the close losses to bama with Kirby over the embarrassing ass kickings with richt any day of the week. Our time is coming, though.

Last edited:

Recruiting only mattered when urban was at Florida winning championships. It doesn’t matter anymore because Dan is a great game day coach.

Kirby’s first #1 class will be sophomores this year. Our talent level - in my opinion - is finally on par with Bama. He’s been a head coach all of 3 years. I think we feel pretty good about where we stand. And we will smoke Florida this year. Good luck finding someone to block for that statue of a QB noone fears.

SOPHOMORES??? You're not there yet! Let's not forget the attrition of that recruiting class, much of that was based on FIELDS, the current OSU QB.

I predict KIRBY will keep taking steps back towards the pack. He talks a good game, but his coaching is weak. He's got to beat the LSU's of the world on the road. You'd better win the EAST this year because after that UF will be a serious threat.

SOPHOMORES??? You're not there yet! Let's not forget the attrition of that recruiting class, much of that was based on FIELDS, the current OSU QB.

I predict KIRBY will keep taking steps back towards the pack. He talks a good game, but his coaching is weak. He's got to beat the LSU's of the world on the road. You'd better win the EAST this year because after that UF will be a serious threat.
Lol, the only coach talking is Mullen. You don’t take steps back when you recruit at Kirby’s level, bud.

I used to say the same thing when richt was our coach. Enjoy being a threat, that’s what we were with richt.

Lol, the only coach talking is Mullen. You don’t take steps back when you recruit at Kirby’s level, bud.

Let's be honest, bud... UGA fans have a ALABAMA mouth and a VANDY trophy case, so it doesn't have to be KIRBY doing the talking, you guys do enough of that to be despised as a fan base without winning anything significant since 1980 (#14,000days).

KIRBY took a step back THIS YEAR, going from leading the NCG at the half in 2017 and losing in OT, to not even being competitive in a NY6 loss to #15 TEXAS. Factor in a non-competitive game at LSU and I'm beginning to wonder if you even follow UGA football?

You guys were in a rush to get Kirby because Mouth Carolina was sniffing around, you fired RICHT (I don't blame you) and rushed out to get a coach who had never been an HC and most likely was a "puppet" DC on SABAN's staff. You paid him an exorbitant salary thinking that would validate him...it doesn't! You have to win more than a fictitious recruiting title to bark as much as you do.

#WOOFWOOF on that!

Last edited:
Let's be honest, bud... UGA fans have a ALABAMA mouth and a VANDY trophy case, so it doesn't have to be KIRBY doing the talking, you guys do enough of that to be despised as a fan base without winning anything significant since 1980 (#14,000days).

KIRBY took a step back THIS YEAR, going from leading the NCG at the half in 2017 and losing in OT, to not even being competitive in a NY6 loss to #15 TEXAS. Factor in a non-competitive game at LSU and I'm beginning to wonder if you even follow UGA football?

You guys were in a rush to get Kirby because Mouth Carolina was sniffing around, you fired RICHT (I don't blame you) and rushed out to get a coach who had never been an HC and most likely was a "puppet" DC on SABAN's staff. You paid him an exorbitant salary thinking that would validate him...it doesn't! You have to win more than a fictitious recruiting title to bark as much as you do.

#WOOFWOOF on that!

As long as we are being honest, UGA has a winning streak against UF, Kirby Smart has a 2 game winning streak as a head coach against Mullen. If we are being honest.

As for the Bama mouth and Vandy trophy case, UGA has more and the most recent SEC championships and if we counted NC the way Bama does we would have more NC as well.

As for taking a step back, of course we did, we lost the top producing backfield of all time, the Butkus award winner and was one of the youngest teams in the country, starting 5 Sr, and still beat a Mullen coached team by 19.

And you have to recruit better than Mullen has shown he is capable of recruiting, while he continues to lay claim to being a great developer and runner up, it's a position he is accustomed to being in.

I predict KIRBY will keep taking steps back towards the pack. He talks a good game, but his coaching is weak. He's got to beat the LSU's of the world on the road.
You'd better win the EAST this year because after that UF will be a serious threat.

Serious threat to what, beat UK? Mullen was a serious threat to beat OM about half the time, AU every once in a while, but just remember the next thing he wins will be his first.

Kirby has yet to run his mouth about anything while Mullen continually talks crap. But he has to do something to make the players think they can compete.

As long as we are being honest, UGA has a winning streak against UF, Kirby Smart has a 2 game winning streak as a head coach against Mullen. If we are being honest.

As for the Bama mouth and Vandy trophy case, UGA has more and the most recent SEC championships and if we counted NC the way Bama does we would have more NC as well.

As for taking a step back, of course we did, we lost the top producing backfield of all time, the Butkus award winner and was one of the youngest teams in the country, starting 5 Sr, and still beat a Mullen coached team by 19.

And you have to recruit better than Mullen has shown he is capable of recruiting, while he continues to lay claim to being a great developer and runner up, it's a position he is accustomed to being in.

We had the number nine recruiting class according to a few recruiting sites like 247.. You know who was ten? Oh and we had a higher average of a ninety one to their eighty seven.......... I will give you a hint, they have as many National Titles in three years than your program does in the modern era.. Oh and they have beaten your daddy twice to get those.

Difference is their coach won't wilt because Saban an isn't his daddy..

So tell us what Mullen can't do with a top ten recruiting class.

Why are you mentioning UF in response to a Clemson fan? You’re obsessed. Suffice to say UF isn’t the only fan base who notices that y’all talk like you’re the New England Patriots after what was one good season, bookended by a 5 and 3-loss season. But let y’all tell it everyone should fear UGA and bow to the impending dynasty.

#WOOFWOOF on that!
Why don’t you go back and compare Kirby and Dabo’s first 3 years as head coaches and get back to me. Factoring in the fact that the ACC is basically a basketball conference and the SEC is the top football conference in the land, makes what Kirby has done even more impressive. I follow Uga football very closely, and know what he is building in Athens. It took Dabo 9 years to get there, yet you’re trashing my coach for not getting it done in 3.

Why does a Clemson fan care if I’m barking at a rival?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT