ADVERTISEMENT

Gators @ Dawgs

Bull Gator
Sep 22, 2003
Gators are 10.5 point favorites

This game always makes me feel weird watching UF play at my old college, wish i was at the game.

Go Gators

I love me some BETH MOWINS.

She is the Al Michaels of female broadcasters with the last name Mowins.

Reactions: sadgator
Terrible start. Poor play by the usual suspects. Tunrovers, (guess who) no ball movement and few assists.

DRob and Hill both having a terrible night so far. Even with all that, we lead by 3. Thanks goodness for Allen

Eight point lead at the half. Even with the poor play. Chiozza and Allen playing well. Leon with 5. Robinson with 7 rebounds but not much else.

Hayes just did exactly what D Rob did against Arkansas on the out of bounds under the basket

Hill

1 assist and 6 turnovers

Chiozza

2 assists and 3 turnovers

And yet we are still winning, if barely

Hill heating up. He seems to do better offensively when Chiozaa is also in the game

now both scourges as PG's are SINGLE handedly keeping the home team in the game and have a shot... Allen was wide open for 5 seconds to put the game away with a dagger 3 like he always does then chiozza wastes time then turns the ball over trying to be fancy turning it over... then he has no idea how to slow it down up 7 to throw a no chancer to guys that can't catch a beach ball down low

Both pg's are responsible for everything that's happening now and it's tied because they play like true freshman out of HS... now Barry is hurt of course after an easy dunk to tie the game

yet again, if we play anyone decent at all that isn't like 2-22 from 3 at home, we lose... Those games right there are exactly what im afraid of in the tournament with those pgs and guys that have NO CHANCE of ever hitting two free throws in a row. Ever

Half of Hills turnovers are because we dont catch the pass. Hayes should have handled all 3 of those.

Win & move on. Without Egbunu it's going to be more of a struggle. Hayes 9 points, 10 rebounds, 4 blocks, I think. But he's not real strong, gets backed down fairly easily and mishandled several balls, causing turnovers probably charged to the guards. Robinson played bad, Allen was great 1st half, didn't do much the 2nd half. Same with Chiozza. Hill wasn't so good first half, played better the 2nd half. Won ugly, but still won. Next week is going to be a real challenge.

Last edited:
We outrebounded Miss. St. 42-38, which speaks very well for the way the team ganged the boards after getting dominated early. And even though he shot terribly and didn't score, Robinson had 10 rebounds. But we only had 5 assists the entire game, had 16 turnovers to their 12, and only 3 steals to their 7. The TEAM was very sloppy with the ball and except for Chiozza (75%) and Hill (50%) shot it very poorly, including only 63% from the foul line. Hopefully this was just an off game from the emotion of losing Egbunu. But they still won, so I give them a lot of credit for toughing it out.

Reactions: sadgator
[QUOTE="MJWilliamson, post: 996169, member: 5078. And even with that, Hill would have had 3 TOs vs 1 assist[/QUOTE]
Hill has played well fir the most part this year

.And even with that, Hill would have had 3 TOs vs 1 assist
Hill has played well fir the most part this year
He has. When he struggles, Florida struggles. Yet we only have five losses.

Today was a struggle, but it was a win.

A team whose PGs go for a combined 3 assists, 9 turnovers in a road game usually loses. Glad MSU is bad and glad we brought some scorers

A team whose PGs go for a combined 3 assists, 9 turnovers in a road game usually loses. Glad MSU is bad and glad we brought some scorers
We played with great energy on defense

Like Chiozza and Hill, who were our leading scorer and third leading scorer, respectively. Do you guys pay attention to the game as a whole, at all, or are you too busy filling up your "HERO BALL" notebooks to see the forest for the trees?

Hill was sloppy with the ball early and rode the bench for a good part of the game because of it. Still he and Chiozza scored some big points when we needed it and when nobody else was scoring. I wonder if their lack of assists had anything to do with Barry, d-rob and Leon going 4-19 from the floor? But this is next level analysis that gets away from: ball go through hoop = good, so I can understand why it may escape the hoops cognoscenti around here.

Half of Hills turnovers are because we dont catch the pass. Hayes should have handled all 3 of those.

at least two of them he threw completely out of bounds away from anyone, and one of his driskel pick sixes

Dr. Hoops is in

Scourge the mr. 1 and 1 misser and no maker of two FT's in a row is out

Hill was sloppy with the ball early and rode the bench for a good part of the game because of it. Still he and Chiozza scored some big points when we needed it and when nobody else was scoring. I wonder if their lack of assists had anything to do with Barry, d-rob and Leon going 4-19 from the floor? But this is next level analysis that gets away from: ball go through hoop = good, so I can understand why it may escape the hoops cognoscenti around here.
These are good points. One wonders what your analysis of nine turnovers might be? BTW, Hill was sloppy with the ball the whole game. His two quick 2nd halk turnovers when we had a 12 point lead allowed MSU to get back in the game, along with the two from Chiozza.

well it will never be 2 in a row, and it will murder them against a decent team when it matters...

Hill didn't play with much energy today, but neither did the rest of the team. He was strong down the stretch though. I think they were hungover from big john going down. They know what he means to the team.

These are good points. One wonders what your analysis of nine turnovers might be? BTW, Hill was sloppy with the ball the whole game. His two quick 2nd halk turnovers when we had a 12 point lead allowed MSU to get back in the game, along with the two from Chiozza.

I said above that Hill was sloppy and White benched him, and rightfully so. But White had him handling the ball with the game on the line, and he and Chiozza scored a bunch of big hoops throughout the game when points were hard to come by. Hill hit the free throw late to put us up 4, otherwise known as two possessions, otherwise known as the game winner, known by mj as: 1 out of 2.

uk fans thought they were gonna win it all after beating pathetic bama and UT

they just showed again that cal has no clue what he's doing with the talent and shot FT's all the way to a win for 8 straight minutes.. They scored on basket in like 20 trips to win, on the road. They got 4 chances to score the last one they did. All you have to do is practice your FT's before you get to kentucky, no one will ever know if you can play until you leave there.

My analysis would be that we were playing a Ben Howland team on the road, and they pressured us into a bunch of missed shots from our scorers and turnovers from our ballhandlers, but for some reason your "analysis" focuses solely on the turnovers from our pgs, and ignores the fact that those same pgs scored exactly half of our field goals and collectively shot 10-16, 2-3 from 3, when we shot 38 percent from the field. In fact, take away our pgs, and we shot 10-36, and you're in here bitching about our lack of pg assists.

no reason to include scourge man in the 3 point stats, just say cheesioza head hit 2 threes. Kasey would crack the glass or decapitate a fan in the 3rd row if he attempted one.

no reason to include scourge man in the 3 point stats, just say cheesioza head hit 2 threes. Kasey would crack the glass or decapitate a fan in the 3rd row if he attempted one.

The bitching is about the pgs, so I'm posting the pgs' stats. Hill was bad for a lot of the game tonight, but they needed every one of his baskets. And you know he and Chiozza played tough d on the perimeter.

The back and forth about the point guards is kind of tiring, at least to me. Kasey Hill didn't have a good all around game and yet he & Chiozza were the ONLY players who shot the ball well. Without their scoring and high percentage shooting, this was a loss. There is good and bad about both of them, but we're 22-5, 12-2 in the SEC. That's way better than I thought this team would be at this point. But the team, as a whole, can't play like they did today and expect to win against the rest of the schedule. It has been truly amazing how different guys step up each game to keep the team winning. Today most of the team was down and yet they found a way to win. That's something to celebrate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT