ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Softball 2024

Good article. I think you're right Ocala, probably not very active in the portal unless a marquee player becomes available.
Another site from a source who has connections inside the softball program says we have very good chance of getting NiJaree Canady, the Stanford Pitcher National Player of the Year, sophomore, as a portal transfer.

Reactions: bradleygator
Another site from a source who has connections inside the softball program says we have very good chance of getting NiJaree Canady, the Stanford Pitcher National Player of the Year, sophomore, as a portal transfer.
Wow...that would be amazing.

I realize this is a softball thread, but Stricklin has turned us into Miss St. I follow track closely and this is one of Holloway's weakest units, primarily due to youthfulness. So I don't expect much out of them in Oregon. I noticed that Tennessee has now won the last 3 SEC all sports trophies too. We need to make a change at the top ASAP.
It’s a question of what is the goal of your UA. By all accounts, Stricklin is a great fund raiser and gets a bunch of cranes moving and shovels in the ground. Whether that’s all directed at winning games/matches/meets is another question. I would say it doesn’t appear that is the priority.

• Wow
Reactions: nail1988
Reactions: Nicktheslick
Alabama's Shortstop Kenleigh Cahalan, with 2 years of eligibility left, has transferred to Florida. She was the #1 ranked recruit in the 2022 class. Hasn't played up to that level, but is still a quality player and a good get for Coach Walton.

Alabama's Shortstop Kenleigh Cahalan, with 2 years of eligibility left, has transferred to Florida. She was the #1 ranked recruit in the 2022 class. Hasn't played up to that level, but is still a quality player and a good get for Coach Walton.

She hit .296 last year. Not bad. Good pickup

Got another SS in the portal.

Have to like the trajectory Holtorf was on at UW:

2022: 42 games, .228/.344/.316, 1 HR, 29 Ks, 10 BBs
2023: 59 games, .277/.350/.475, 5 HRs, 24 Ks, 16 BBs
2024: 47 games, .336/.420/.632, 11 HRs, 18 Ks, 22 BBs

Was UW's starting shortstop each of the past two seasons. Eight errors last season for a .942 fielding percentage.

Reactions: gatordad3
Got another SS in the portal.

Have to like the trajectory Holtorf was on at UW:

2022: 42 games, .228/.344/.316, 1 HR, 29 Ks, 10 BBs
2023: 59 games, .277/.350/.475, 5 HRs, 24 Ks, 16 BBs
2024: 47 games, .336/.420/.632, 11 HRs, 18 Ks, 22 BBs

Was UW's starting shortstop each of the past two seasons. Eight errors last season for a .942 fielding percentage.
Those are really good numbers this past season in a really good conference.

Those are really good numbers this past season in a really good conference.
With the returning players, incoming freshmen and transfers, competition for playing time is going to be fierce. I hope they can keep the team cohesiveness in 2025 like they did in 2024. Tons of talent.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
With the returning players, incoming freshmen and transfers, competition for playing time is going to be fierce. I hope they can keep the team cohesiveness in 2025 like they did in 2024. Tons of talent.
We seem to be putting together a very talented team...and I agree. Need for it to Jel.

So who’s playing SS next year? This one, the Bama one or Mia Williams? Nice problem to have.
My guess is that after fall practice a couple of our ladies will transfer out. They'll all want to play and the fact is there are only so many slots and too many talented players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT