ADVERTISEMENT

fsu is a cheatin' again

Right, because talking to a junior in a high school hallway, that's really a heinous crime.
About as heinous as dropping a kid off at an NIL meeting in the age of NIL contracts and literally paying players to play.

I am pretty curious excited to see what else is going to come out AND if the NCAA is going to drop any hammers. They do seem to be pretty inconsistent. Hell, they pretty much let UNC off scott free and my gut says that Michigan will be a "time served" after Harby's suspension for sign stealing.

Last edited:
Reactions: LordofallSocks
About as heinous as dropping a kid off at an NIL meeting in the age of NIL contracts and literally paying players to play.

I am pretty curious excited to see what else is going to come out AND if the NCAA is going to drop any hammers. They do seem to be pretty inconsistent. Hell, they pretty much let UNC off scott free and my gut says that Michigan will be a "time served" after Harby's suspension for sign stealing.
These sanctions are strictly performative. The NCAA has to justify its existence by acting like it is policing some kind of real boundary as far as amateur status when everyone knows the concept is absurd.

My guess would be nothing too consequential as far as punishment comes out of these things. If they really try to crack down, these conferences are going to say to the NCAA: and tell me again why we’re putting up with your bullshit?

Reactions: alaskanseminole

The NCAA should give Reggie Bush his heisman trophy back.

These sanctions are strictly performative. The NCAA has to justify its existence by acting like it is policing some kind of real boundary as far as amateur status when everyone knows the concept is absurd.

My guess would be nothing too consequential as far as punishment comes out of these things. If they really try to crack down, these conferences are going to say to the NCAA: and tell me again why we’re putting up with your bullshit?

Speaking of conferences the damn SEC sicking the NCAA on Florida years ago while obstructing the investigations into Bama.

Speaking of conferences the damn SEC sicking the NCAA on Florida years ago while obstructing the investigations into Bama.
I don’t know the background on that but I’m sure the SEC would prefer that UF is firing on all cylinders. Strong UF is good for the SEC. Were the only school in the conference’s most populous state (ex Texas).

I don’t know the background on that but I’m sure the SEC would prefer that UF is firing on all cylinders. Strong UF is good for the SEC. Were the only school in the conference’s most populous state (ex Texas).

Pretty sure the SEC referred us to the NCAA in the 80s while they went out of their way to try and protect Bama for the violations they were nailed for when Shula had took over.

Reactions: GatorGray
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT