ADVERTISEMENT

fsu is a cheatin' again

I didn’t know there was such a thing as NIL violations.
Lol…NCAA 2024…

paul-blart-2-trailer-still.jpg

Exactly. Michigan can steal signals, but apparently it's the end of the world if an FSU assistant drops a kid off at a meeting and picks him up afterwards....and he doesn't even commit. SMH
Gotta go with McDonald's bags. Did Norvell not watch any of the game tapes that Pruitt left behind?

Bama fans don't want him, but he'll fit right in with the cheatin. Brings back memories of the time the players cheated taking online music courses.
Norvell was found to have committed no wrong doing. Zero. Zilch. He has however, been awarded several Coach of the Year Awards. Face it, unlike Jimbo, he's actually very likable. And unlike Willie T, he's very competent.

If I'm a fan of any program and I look at what the infraction was for FSU, I'm holding onto my sphincter because a crap ton more is coming. Seriously, FSU got whacked for driving a recruit to an NIL meeting. We're (CFB) paying players now with no real oversight from the NCAA. Hence why we're the first, but not the last.

Oh, and let's not forget the NCAA is still pissed off at FSU for essentially having the Seminole Tribe of Florida tell them to go piss up a rope about Chief Osceola. It isn't changing.

At least Atkins wasn't doing this:

Reactions: LordofallSocks
leo-the.gif

I see the Criminole deflection team are in full force

Go Canes!
I think you mean the Rapid Response Team (RRT).

I had to dig up our charter from an old thread:

A Rapid Response Team (RRT) Crisis Negotiator, is a rivals poster, typically affiliated with the Florida State University (FSU), who has undergone special training. RRT Crisis Negotiators are trained to defuse potentially slanderous situations on rival message boards. They usually work as part of a team known simply as the RRT. Most RRT crisis negotiators are regular posters that have taken special training in misdirection, deflection, and blind justification techniques. "An RRT Crisis Negotiator is not a loner, but functions as part of a team with the goal of resolving the crisis in a manner where FSU always looks favorable, no matter what the reality of the situation is", says senior RRT member, danoleman.

An RRT Crisis Negotiator's main function is to bring about unconditional conformity to the ideals of the FSU fanbase. When there aren't any crises to respond to, negotiators usually revert to their regular thread participation abiding by the rules set forth by the host site. However, once a crisis that meets the RRT's defense threshold has been identified, the team will unite and strike en mass. "There are no limits to the tactics this team will use to defend its fanbase. Intellectual dishonesty, strawmen, red herrings are just a few of the unethical strategies this team will use", says RRT counter-terrorism team lead, JDGator. "They cannot go unchecked."

Oh, and as for my comments in post #13...better start those schpincter relaxing exercises. From what I'm hearing of the folks inside, this (FSU's) is the earliest known violation (and the least offensive). This happened back in 2022 and the NCAA is working some 50+ violations of head coaches at major programs.

Our situation was a coordinated effort by FSU admin to get out from under this quickly and the NCAA getting to show the country that the hammer is being brought. Schools are about to get hammered. Grab your pop-corn.

The title of this thread presumes they’ve ever stopped cheating. They haven’t. They have never had a single legitimate or worthwhile accomplishment on a level playing field. That’s why they ran away to the acc and even then had to invent new rules to break in order to keep recruiting front running prima donnas to run up the score on a bunch of d2 level acc schools. They needed to cheat to even be able to dominate a weak acc. This season showed how seriously their weak wins should have ever been taken. They should have gotten a pat on the head and a nice blue ribbon or something instead if ever being allowed to compete for a national title.

The title of this thread presumes they’ve ever stopped cheating. They haven’t. They have never had a single legitimate or worthwhile accomplishment on a level playing field. That’s why they ran away to the acc and even then had to invent new rules to break in order to keep recruiting front running prima donnas to run up the score on a bunch of d2 level acc schools. They needed to cheat to even be able to dominate a weak acc. This season showed how seriously their weak wins should have ever been taken. They should have gotten a pat on the head and a nice blue ribbon or something instead if ever being allowed to compete for a national title.
537340_a3372874667245c289ce6a75f89d17e0~mv2.gif

A Rapid Response Team (RRT) Crisis Negotiator, is a rivals poster, typically affiliated with the Florida State University (FSU), who has undergone special training. RRT Crisis Negotiators are trained to defuse potentially slanderous situations on rival message boards. They usually work as part of a team known simply as the RRT. Most RRT crisis negotiators are regular posters that have taken special training in misdirection, deflection, and blind justification techniques. "An RRT Crisis Negotiator is not a loner, but functions as part of a team with the goal of resolving the crisis in a manner where FSU always looks favorable, no matter what the reality of the situation is", says senior RRT member, danoleman.

An RRT Crisis Negotiator's main function is to bring about unconditional conformity to the ideals of the FSU fanbase. When there aren't any crises to respond to, negotiators usually revert to their regular thread participation abiding by the rules set forth by the host site. However, once a crisis that meets the RRT's defense threshold has been identified, the team will unite and strike en mass. "There are no limits to the tactics this team will use to defend its fanbase. Intellectual dishonesty, strawmen, red herrings are just a few of the unethical strategies this team will use", says RRT counter-terrorism team lead, JDGator. "They cannot go unchecked."
I wish JDGator was still around to chime in on these tactics he understood so well ....

Was that written by Chat-GPT? 😂 I was not aware that the NCAA had it out for FSU about the Seminole mascot. I say tough titties to the NCAA regarding that. I'd have even less respect for the SOW had they caved. ;) I do remember going on record that if they changed their mascot, it should be the Fighting Cockroaches. (Palmetto Bugs). It's part of Florida's natural history FFS.

Was that written by Chat-GPT? 😂
Nope. I actually wrote that in 2015, pre-ChatGPT.

I was not aware that the NCAA had it out for FSU about the Seminole mascot. I say tough titties to the NCAA regarding that. I'd have even less respect for the SOW had they caved. ;) I do remember going on record that if they changed their mascot, it should be the Fighting Cockroaches. (Palmetto Bugs). It's part of Florida's natural history FFS.
The NCAA came after all Native American mascot schools back in 2005. FSU and the Seminole Tribe of Florida told them to go fly a kite.

14 Universities and Colleges had to change their names. These 5 schools were granted NCAA waivers due to the direct support of the local Tribes:

• Catawba College (Catawba Indians)
  • Central Michigan University (Chippewas)
  • Florida State University (Seminoles)
  • Mississippi College (Choctaws)
  • University of Utah (Utes)

You were saying?? I guess your cheating and subsequent probation from 2020 wasn't good enough. At least our cheat'n equates to wins. LOL

Florida Gators football under NCAA investigation​

The Gators say “they have been and will continue to cooperate with the NCAA.”

The Florida Gators football program is under an NCAA investigation.

The Florida Gators’ football program is under NCAA investigation.

The investigation has been underway since at least June 9 when the NCAA sent UF President Ben Sasse a notice of inquiry. That’s a formal document the NCAA’s enforcement staff sends to schools to inform them of the investigation before interviewing any of their employees or athletes.

The specific nature of the investigation and potential violations are not specified in the four-page note. But in October, the Tampa Bay Times requested any notices of inquiry regarding potential violations related to name, image and likeness or recruiting. The request was initially denied but fulfilled Friday.

“We have been and will continue to cooperate with the NCAA,” Gators spokesperson Steve McClain said. “We hold ourselves to high standards of excellence and integrity on and off the field. Because we follow NCAA policies about maintaining confidentiality, we are unable to offer additional comments.”

The investigation comes as NCAA enforcement tries to keep up with the quickly evolving spaces of recruiting and name, image and likeness. The Gators were at the center of that space last year with an eight-figure NIL dispute involving blue-chip quarterback recruit Jaden Rashada and the third-party Gator Collective. Rashada initially signed with Florida but ended up at Arizona State, where he started two games as a true freshman.
In February, Gators head coach Billy Napier was asked whether he expected to hear from the NCAA about the Rashada situation. His response: “We don’t.”

In December 2020, the Gators were sanctioned by the NCAA in a separate case. They received a one-year probation for recruiting violations under then-coach Dan Mullen. A Level II infraction involved Mullen and an assistant meeting with a recruit who hadn’t finished his junior year of high school. A Level III infraction centered on impermissible contact between coaches and recruits who were on their way to a tournament in Tampa.

Last week, Florida State was sanctioned after offensive coordinator Alex Atkins drove a transfer prospect to a meeting with a booster who led a name, image and likeness collective. That booster offered the prospect $15,000 as a recruiting inducement, according to the negotiated resolution between the NCAA and the Seminoles.

Love And Hip Hop Reaction GIF by I'm So Jonathan

Last edited:
So we got nailed for violations while recruiting Amarius Mims, who ended up turning ilus down and staying at Jawja. Apparently, the issues you're being investigated for relate to Rashada, the QB who had initially signed with you then ditched you for Arizona.
Moral of the story, if you're gonna cheat, make sure you get the guy so he doesn't rat you out.

Last edited:
So we got nailed for violations while recruiting Amarius Mims, who ended up turning ilus down and staying at Jawja. Apparently, the issues you're being investigated for relate to Rashada, the QB who had initially signed with you then ditched you for Arizona.
Moral of the story, if you're gonna cheat, make sure you get the guy so he doesn't rat you out.

Or make sure you don't have some drunk dude playing games saying he can get the recruit 10 times what he actually would get.

Well, this thread certainly backfired on OP in a fairly quickly order. Not looking great for uf either.
There is a difference between a notice of inquiry and sentencing. I'm going to go with wait and see before assuming we broke any rules. UF has been fairly paranoid about NCAA issues since the late 80's, so I want to see where we did something significantly wrong, more than the "we talked to a kid we didn't realize was still a junior while we were visiting another recruit", kind of a deal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT