ADVERTISEMENT

FSU’s class

Reminds me of recruiting classes under Muschamp & McElwain. Decent number of 4 stars with a 5 star or so mixed in, Top 20 ranking, but not addressing team needs and no balance at all. UF has a great chance to make serious inroads in recruiting in Florida and Georgia over the next few years with Richt & Taggert coaching Miami & FSU. Hope Mullen & Co. take full advantage.

may be ranked right ahead of us but, 7/19 of their committs are DB’s, they lost their only QB to U.N.C., they only got 3 OL their biggest weakness and 2 of them are 5.5 3-stars, No RB’s and all is STILL not well in Taggartville.

Yep even more unbalanced than Muschamp at the end here. He will be fired at least by year 3. We need to hope they don't do it after next season.

Willy will 100% be fired during year 3. I think that is about as much of a lock as you can get unless they find a way to fire him after next year. He is pulling another Muchamp thinking all you need is 8 DBs and other defenders in your recruiting classes.

Yep even more unbalanced than Muschamp at the end here. He will be fired at least by year 3. We need to hope they don't do it after next season.
Yes hopefully they keep him at least 3 years. If they keep him that long it will make it even more difficult for the next guy

Reactions: Gator Fever
may be ranked right ahead of us but, 7/19 of their committs are DB’s, they lost their only QB to U.N.C., they only got 3 OL their biggest weakness and 2 of them are 5.5 3-stars, No RB’s and all is STILL not well in Taggartville.

6 DB's. McRae is a 230 pound LB that Rivals lists as we cornerback for some reason.

Their current ranking includes guys who have committed but have not signed, they will lose at least one or two of them

Willie Taggart is the only coach who got a job at an assumed powerful Power 5 School with a

A. .750 winning record?
B. An undefeated Bowl record?
C. An overall losing record?

Let’s C what the answer is.

C....

Reactions: 96-06-08GATOR

Maybe we will be lucky and the SOW will be unable to fund his buyout for 4 or 5 years.

Plus, think of the horrendous PR backlash if they fire him before he pays off his $1 million donation to F$U football.

When I heard it (donation), I thought that was a masterfull piece of job security !

Think (Dream) of F$U stuck with a coach the equivalent of UGA's Ray Goff or Jim Donnan !

Reactions: Gator Fever
They lost 4 star Plant High’s ( Tampa, Fl. ) Will Putnam to Clemson yesterday. Poor Willie T. in Tally telling the Nole followers that he’ll bring in a Q.B. that everyone will like. Psss, Psss, Willie I hate to tell you but, all the good ones signed Wednesday. If Deondre Francois transfers he’s in deep shitola with only 1 scholarship Q.B. Blackmon.

Taggart sure seemed to fool the FSU administration into hiring him. We know he can’t coach and it looks like his recruiting prowess was extremely overrated. Not really sure how he got the label as a great recruiter to begin with when he’s never had to recruit as a head coach at a Power 5 school.

Taggart sure seemed to fool the FSU administration into hiring him. We know he can’t coach and it looks like his recruiting prowess was extremely overrated. Not really sure how he got the label as a great recruiter to begin with when he’s never had to recruit as a head coach at a Power 5 school.

Looking at it he must have a little recruiting ability even after losing those guys but he apparently is lost when it comes to building a roster at a power 5 school. If I was a decent player on offense there I would be transferring. Any QB will continue to get killed probably and that RB has good talent there but can't show it due to their issues.

Another 2 years of this should be fun to watch.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Looking at it he must have a little recruiting ability even after losing those guys but he apparently is lost when it comes to building a roster at a power 5 school. If I was a decent player on offense there I would be transferring. Any QB will continue to get killed probably and that RB has good talent there but can't show it due to their issues.

Another 2 years of this should be fun to watch.

Here's the crazy thing imo: Willie is supposedly a recruiting guru. However Oregon is recruiting better this cycle with him gone and FSU is getting taken to the woodshed with him there. In addition - the guy that hauled ass to TAMU, who a large segment of FSU said was checked out and looking for a payday...also killing it.

Willie is the only guy in the above situation that's losing commit after commit. All the other coaches involved are thriving.

...the guy that hauled ass to TAMU, who a large segment of FSU said was checked out and looking for a payday...also killing it.

...Stars aren't the end all/be all, but they're the cornerstone/ lifeblood of a program.

After reading & agreeing with these two posts, I saw this on Jimbo & was moved to share it -
By no means did Jimbo Fisher leave Florida State with a perfect roster, but recruiting was not his problem. It's always been a strength.

There's no question he's brought that excellence to Texas A&M, which currently ranks No. 3 in the nation.

"We had a tremendous (recruiting) year—and so did everybody else in this league, (SEC)" Fisher said, per Brent Zwerneman of the Houston Chronicle. "Now it gets down to player development, and everything else that goes on."

That's where Fisher's biggest challenge resides. (& Mullen's greatest skill !)

But it sure is better to have the talent readily available than be searching for it.

AMEN !

When we finish up on NSD, I predict that we will all be excited about this class.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Here's the crazy thing imo: Willie is supposedly a recruiting guru. However Oregon is recruiting better this cycle with him gone and FSU is getting taken to the woodshed with him there. In addition - the guy that hauled ass to TAMU, who a large segment of FSU said was checked out and looking for a payday...also killing it.

Willie is the only guy in the above situation that's losing commit after commit. All the other coaches involved are thriving.

Well the Oregon guy may be using some Bama/Georgia tricks with his recruiting seeing he was under Saban for a while. Willie's recruiting in that one transition class was standard Oregon recruiting I guess.

I do think the word is getting out to recruits its a bad situation on the offense there however on the field and in this recruiting class. We need to snag a safety from them if that is what some of those unsigned DBs are projected to be.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
We have no pure tackles on the roster.....so how many high school tackles do u think we sign???? Zero lol
Other than the QB, the tackle position is the most important one on the offense. Just look how the Jaguars started their downhill slide this year when LT Cam Robinson tore his ACL in their September win over the Patriots. Without good tackles an offense is going to struggle in both the running and passing games and the better coaches put a strong emphasis in having quality and depth at that position.

Other than the QB, the tackle position is the most important one on the offense. Just look how the Jaguars started their downhill slide this year when LT Cam Robinson tore his ACL in their September win over the Patriots. Without good tackles an offense is going to struggle in both the running and passing games and the better coaches put a strong emphasis in having quality and depth at that position.

Amount of high school qbs and OT that we signed???

Zero

Amount of high school qbs and OT that we signed???

Zero
It's not like they weren't trying. Evidently Howell was more attached to Bell than FSU, once Bell split so did he. The are going to get a grad transfer at qb and possibly a freshman qb from Louisville.

It's not like they weren't trying. Evidently Howell was more attached to Bell than FSU, once Bell split so did he. The are going to get a grad transfer at qb and possibly a freshman qb from Louisville.

LMFAO at trying.......Minnesota tries to but they are never successful...IDGAF about trying.

I'm confused.

Is 2019 recruiting over?
Nope sure isn’t. You think your going to fill the needs that you missed in the early signing period. The oline recruiting was so bad I’m not sure that can be fixed unless you know of some good oline prospects still available. Isn’t there a good chance FSU is going to lose on more of their committed prospects that chose not to sign on ESD?

I'm confused.

Is 2019 recruiting over?

Almost 70% ofthe top 250 are already signed and if you look at whose left under OT’s, OG’s and C’s there isn’t much and very few even listing F.S.U. as a choice. If you were a TOP lineman would you go to Tally and play for a losing school with a coach whose seems to be out of touch with his team?

NOPE!!!

Nope sure isn’t. You think your going to fill the needs that you missed in the early signing period. The oline recruiting was so bad I’m not sure that can be fixed unless you know of some good oline prospects still available. Isn’t there a good chance FSU is going to lose on more of their committed prospects that chose not to sign on ESD?
No, I don't think we'll be able to completely rectify the situation, but I also know that our roster wasn't 100% as bad as everyone clamored on about (myself included). We had scheming issues as well as depth issues due to injuries. Our two best linemen, Dickerson and Kelly were injured most of the season. If we can get them healthy, bulk-up some younger players and bring in a few new recruits, I thing we could have a salvageable O-Line w/ an OC who has a clue.

Look no further than Dan for proof of concept. Your O-line SUCKED last year and he was able to make improvements year one. Willie needs to transform himself rather quickly into a Dabo-type CEO coach. He can't be Jimbo. Hiring Briles is a step in that direction and my hope is Briles brings an O-line coach w/ him.

No, I don't think we'll be able to completely rectify the situation, but I also know that our roster wasn't 100% as bad as everyone clamored on about (myself included). We had scheming issues as well as depth issues due to injuries. Our two best linemen, Dickerson and Kelly were injured most of the season. If we can get them healthy, bulk-up some younger players and bring in a few new recruits, I thing we could have a salvageable O-Line w/ an OC who has a clue.

Look no further than Dan for proof of concept. Your O-line SUCKED last year and he was able to make improvements year one. Willie needs to transform himself rather quickly into a Dabo-type CEO coach. He can't be Jimbo. Hiring Briles is a step in that direction and my hope is Briles brings an O-line coach w/ him.
No your roster isn’t bad. It can’t possibly be with the way Jimbo recruited there. The coaching was just that bad at FSU. Taggart hired a terrible staff and that didn’t help matters at all. With that being said it still starts at the top with leadership etc. Look at Zook’s staff to prove that. Zook had Strong, Fedora, Locksley, Holiday and Wickline and he was still bad.

Hopefully Briles does bring that Houston oline coach with him. They allowed 10 sacks against Army. They should fit right in at FSU when it comes to oline problems.

Pretty much... And all of our best prospects didnt sign so now they might get taken as well
Correct. The FSU class may actually get worse if some of those guys end up signing elsewhere. It isn’t a good sign when your best committed prospects don’t sign and are obviously looking around.

Correct. The FSU class may actually get worse if some of those guys end up signing elsewhere. It isn’t a good sign when your best committed prospects don’t sign and are obviously looking around.

Yep. Crosd and Dent were both iffy and both didnt sign and both would be our 2 best players....yikes

No your roster isn’t bad. It can’t possibly be with the way Jimbo recruited there. The coaching was just that bad at FSU. Taggart hired a terrible staff and that didn’t help matters at all. With that being said it still starts at the top with leadership etc. Look at Zook’s staff to prove that. Zook had Strong, Fedora, Locksley, Holiday and Wickline and he was still bad.

Hopefully Briles does bring that Houston oline coach with him. They allowed 10 sacks against Army. They should fit right in at FSU when it comes to oline problems.
You know how it goes when coaches have moved on. Mark Stoops last bowl game before taking over at FSU was terrible, yet he fielded a top 10 defense the following year. Mark Richt laid an egg in his last bowl game at FSU. I've seen enough film on Briles' offense to know this is a huge upgrade.

Despite the mocking on this thread and the 2nd thread on here about our class, it is ranked higher than UFs. What kind of sign is that?

For the record, I have mixed feelings on this class. We obviously missed at QB and are in a bad situation there. We have two OL who will probably come in and start next year. We could use a couple more who can come in and play right away, at least as backups (missing on Putnam hurt, a lot). So we certainly haven’t done as well as we needed in those areas. Our other area of huge need was at LB, where we did well, picked up a few quality players there.
Overall, a mixed bag. Nothing to have FSU fans particularly excited, but far from a total disaster.

Despite the mocking on this thread and the 2nd thread on here about our class, it is ranked higher than UFs. What kind of sign is that?
Doesnt it include about 4-5 guys that haven’t signed with FSU? Isn’t the FSU class missing desperate areas of needs (oline) & unbalanced? Isn’t your head coach supposed to be some kind of dynamic recruiter but instead appears to be nothing more than a con man.

Hey if your satisfied then more power to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT