ADVERTISEMENT

FOURTH CONSECUTIVE LOSING SEASON FOR HOLES!!’

What's sad is that Mullen & Company had every opportunity to put a lot of distance between the quality of the two programs. Instead we're only just a notch above them. Today was a game in which both teams showed lack of discipline throughout, but our guys effort was just a little better.

They could possibly have their 5th next season. I don't see them improving much, but fortunately they play in a very soft conference....

They could possibly have their 5th next season. I don't see them improving much, but fortunately they play in a very soft conference....
The ACC is just so so bad so you never know but no from what I can tell they are never really going to be that great under Norvell. What is interesting to me is he is supposed to be an offensive coach and FSUs offense is still terrible. And it isn’t a good look for him or his staff that they looked so incompetent against UF that only has 7 coaches. Both teams were so undisciplined and can’t seem to do the simple things right. That’s just poor coaching.

The ACC is just so so bad so you never know but no from what I can tell they are never really going to be that great under Norvell. What is interesting to me is he is supposed to be an offensive coach and FSUs offense is still terrible. And it isn’t a good look for him or his staff that they looked so incompetent against UF that only has 7 coaches. Both teams were so undisciplined and can’t seem to do the simple things right. That’s just poor coaching.
An average QB and that game is probably 24-7 at the half.

Our season spiraled into a disaster. And we may lose the toilet bowl to whoever and end up 6-7 as well.

But the Holes and Norvil have their 4th consecutive losing season. Norvil still hasn’t won as many games as Willie.
Unless our as yet unnamed new coach agrees to coach the bowl game, which would give the kids a head start on learning the new system, we need to just decline and stay home. We have literally nothing to gain and nothing to lose. We like to say our guys are student athletes, not just athletes, then decline the bowl game and let them study for finals.

What's sad is that Mullen & Company had every opportunity to put a lot of distance between the quality of the two programs. Instead we're only just a notch above them. Today was a game in which both teams showed lack of discipline throughout, but our guys effort was just a little better.
They're going thru their worst stretch in decades and we struggled to beat them.

Reactions: goldmom
We need to go play in the bowl game. The players all seem to want to play and even though it wasn’t the best season they deserve that opportunity. It is also 15 more practices and maybe an opportunity for the younger guys to get more practices. Greg Knox said he would like to play in the bowl game as well. Also it gives the new coach and opportunity to watch practices and take a look at the players as well as the coaches.

We need to go play in the bowl game. The players all seem to want to play and even though it wasn’t the best season they deserve that opportunity. It is also 15 more practices and maybe an opportunity for the younger guys to get more practices. Greg Knox said he would like to play in the bowl game as well. Also it gives the new coach and opportunity to watch practices and take a look at the players as well as the coaches.
Agree. You never turn down a bowl game unless an unfortunate tragedy struck the football team or student body...or if you are broke. We aren't broke and no tragic events have happened. Every young player deserves this experience. Every older player deserves this experience although it didn't meet the fans, coaches, and their own expectations. You bowl when presented the opportunity.

Agree. You never turn down a bowl game unless an unfortunate tragedy struck the football team or student body...or if you are broke. We aren't broke and no tragic events have happened. Every young player deserves this experience. Every older player deserves this experience although it didn't meet the fans, coaches, and their own expectations. You bowl when presented the opportunity.
100% agree.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
I wouldn't be surprised if they are asked to vote on whether they want to play. That tends to happen when nobody wants to be responsible for pulling the plug.

I still say there is nothing to be gained from it (what's the point of practicing schemes you won't be using next year?), but it is what it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are asked to vote on whether they want to play. That tends to happen when nobody wants to be responsible for pulling the plug.

I still say there is nothing to be gained from it (what's the point of practicing schemes you won't be using next year?), but it is what it is.
Giving players like AR15, Jason Marshall, Gervon Dexter and other young guys 15 more practices and another game is very well worth it IMO. You still get practice reps and game reps. In fact if Napier tells Knox that AR15 starts the game and plays the whole game that alone would be worth it.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Giving players like AR15, Jason Marshall, Gervon Dexter and other young guys 15 more practices and another game is very well worth it IMO. You still get practice reps and game reps. In fact if Napier tells Knox that AR15 starts the game and plays the whole game that alone would be worth it.

the idea of declining is selfish and short sighted. Get these guys on the field practicing and reward these players, especially seniors, for beating FSU. Why beat FSU if you accept the same result?

Doesn’t the SEC split all the bowl money evenly amongst all its members? I’d be pissed having to cut a check to a member who decided “ we don’t feel like playing .
To my knowledge, big money bowls get split (school playing gets the biggest share), but the schools going to little bowls keep their bowl money to offset the cost of travelling there.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
the idea of declining is selfish and short sighted. Get these guys on the field practicing and reward these players, especially seniors, for beating FSU. Why beat FSU if you accept the same result?
WYS. Plus reward Greg Knox and let him coach one more game as the guy in charge.

I hope Napier keeps him on staff. If not I still wish him the best of success. I'll never take beating FSU for granted, and appreciate Coach Knox for handling them.

Oh and yeah he was smart enough to pull the plug when he did on the QB situation. Not even sure of Mull would have.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
They're going thru their worst stretch in decades and we struggled to beat them.
Huh? We didn’t exactly have a great season ourselves. It was two 5-6 teams going at it. That loss hurt FSU quite a bit and any momentum they had temporarily built. It’s hard to explain losing to a team with just 7 coaches and most of them unlikely to return while you are supposed to be building your program and you are the future. Let’s be honest the score of that game was much closer than it really was. As bad as we have been we dominated most of that game. As usual we tried ways to lose that game but FSU is just that bad and didn’t really want it.

I know we can make excuses but what is incorrect about the statement "they're going thru their worst stretch in decades and we struggled to beat them"?

Reactions: mcanes
I know we can make excuses but what is incorrect about the statement "they're going thru their worst stretch in decades and we struggled to beat them"?
I don’t think anybody is making excuses. We won the game. Isn’t that what matters? You just chose to not enjoy the win l, despite a poor season. Would you have been happier if we lost?

I don’t think anybody is making excuses. We won the game. Isn’t that what matters? You just chose to not enjoy the win l, despite a poor season. Would you have been happier if we lost?
Exactly, this was a beautiful win. The amount of stuff I get to crow about to Noles about this victory for years to come is great. First, we have the whiff on the inside kick, which Nole fans just loved to always talk crap about the two UF linemen blocking each other years ago, and this is worse than that. Second, the fact that NorveLLLLLLL lost to a lame duck coaching staff when they thought they were making progress and the fact that they now have four consecutive losing seasons. Also, when UF went 4-8 in 2013, all I heard from Noles was “it’s great to be a 4-8er” and all kinds of lame taunts, but four consecutive losing seasons is way worse than one 4-8 season.

And finally, the fact that UF beat them down in 2018 to end their bowl streak and the fact that they had a chance to bowl again this year and UF stopped them again. So many great things from this game, man.

Exactly, this was a beautiful win. The amount of stuff I get to crow about to Noles about this victory for years to come is great. First, we have the whiff on the inside kick, which Nole fans just loved to always talk crap about the two UF linemen blocking each other years ago, and this is worse than that. Second, the fact that NorveLLLLLLL lost to a lame duck coaching staff when they thought they were making progress and the fact that they now have four consecutive losing seasons. Also, when UF went 4-8 in 2013, all I heard from Noles was “it’s great to be a 4-8er” and all kinds of lame taunts, but four consecutive losing seasons is way worse than one 4-8 season.

And finally, the fact that UF beat them down in 2018 to end their bowl streak and the fact that they had a chance to bowl again this year and UF stopped them again. So many great things from this game, man.
Yup. All those things were on the line and you guys earned the bragg'n rights for certain. It's what makes rivalry games fun.

We were on a losing skid and they were figuring it out. As a few have already said we had no head coach and fill in’s elsewhere. Not to mention three picks(one in the end zone) So yeah it’s a good win.

Reactions: PacoGator19
What is also going to get interesting is what is Miami going to do? They lost to FSU and they currently have no AD. They want Diaz gone but they may actually keep him. They haven’t really been good in decades.

4e5a9c10-4fc7-11ec-9fd6-9d096060a3e6

Go Canes!

Yup. All those things were on the line and you guys earned the bragg'n rights for certain. It's what makes rivalry games fun.
Igloo what's your take on Norvell? What does he need to do in year 3 to keep his job? I have to think the seat is a little warm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT