ADVERTISEMENT

UF Gymnastics & Lacrosse 2024

Gators hanging tough. Down 7-6 at the half. Had a couple of tough calls go against them. Keep it close and then pull the upset!!

These refs are allowing much more physical play that what I've seen most of the year. Results have been a lot of turnovers by both teams. We're losing the draw control battle, which has been a Gator strength all year. That's giving Northwestern more possessions. Our defense has played really well except for a couple of isolation plays where we left girls wide open. 10-9 NW going to the 4th quarter, but with a lightning delay. They will have the ball and we'll be down a player due to a late yellow card. Our team is playing really strong. What an upset if they could pull it off.

From my amateur eye, we seem more athletic, but NW seems more skilled. Need to survive the remaining 1;30 on power play and see if we can shock the world!

That rain delay gave Northwestern a chance to re-group and took away our momentum. They have dominated the 4th quarter. Oh well. Great season.

Great season for sure. Maybe this will give some program more national visibility and we will become a regular in the final 4
7 of our 8 top scorers were seniors. I think next year will be a rebuilding year unless Coach O'Leary hits the jackpot in the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT