ADVERTISEMENT

Florida/Tennessee game thread

MJWilliamson

Bull Gator
Apr 23, 2007
Starts at 7:00pm.

Good game to see how much Florida has improved, or if the UGA game was a mirage.

Tennessee getting all the hustle points. Seems to happen to the White coached team about every other game.

I see this gator team being a middl ed of the pack secontains team. We are 3 to 4 years before we contend.

Getting out hustled, out rebounded and out played. And we are losing by double digits. Looks just like the FSU game

Didnt they say this team went like 3-27 from three their first game?

They had 4 like before the under 12 timeout. We are playing no defense at all this game

This is bad. Utenn is not very good. For some reason we seem to have games where we play with no energy. Mike White has to learn that Billy made us a program that gets everybodys best shot. Down 22 to a team that will struggle to make the NIT. Ouch.

They were talking about us like we could be ranked if we didn't shoot so bad every game lol.

White's first season, but there is certainly some things to make you wonder a little. Plus his recruiting is not looking very good thus far.

White's first season, but there is certainly some things to make you wonder a little. Plus his recruiting is not looking very good thus far.

White better recruit his azz off. Kasey hill is a turnover machine and simply can't score. Outside of Allen and maybe Egbunu, this team is terrible. It's literally giving me a headache watching this garbage.

The bigger concern to me is that several times this year we have looked unprepared to play

Embrassmenthe to the gator nation. 39 points with 11 minutes left in this game. This looks like a last place team.

Agreed, big step backwards. Again, Tenn will struggle to stay above 500 this year. Welp, we get to play again

very disappointing and a huge step back for this team.

Took me by surprise. UT has nobody over 6';7" that plays. Been playing like Schmidt in the 1st half all year, getting WAAAAAY behind and then making a maniacal run to close it out.

Couldn't hit the lake if they fell out of a boat against the Barn. 3-27 from Brickville. Thought the Swamp Lizards would roll all over them.

Oh well, bodes well that one losing streak to the Gainesvillans got broken. Jones fired his DC today, John Janzek for losing to OC, UF and Arky this year after having 2 TD leads in all 3 and Janzek was his best friend.

well everyone has their one shooting game against Florida then goes right back to normal

Billy D knew exactly when to leave. Billy's the best coach in UF history but he did not recruit well at all the last few years. This team wouldn't be doing much better with Billy coaching them. I said it all of last year and I will continue to say it but Kasey Hill is the most overrated basketball recruit in UF history. Unfortunately for Mike White he doesn't have a lot of talent so he has to recruit himself out of this mess. In today's college basketball world and what it has become on the recruitng circuit (another reason Billy got out) I don't think White has the staff to recruit on the level that it has turned into. College basketball recruiting has gotten very very dirty. Just as much if not moreso than college football because of the AAU circuit and all the handlers, etc.

I stopped watching the game before halftime because of the crappy officials.
Tennis-sea has a decent team with a decent coach, but the game officials SUCK!

As I've said before: Coach White badly needs to learn how to get up in the officials face early in a game, or he'll never get 20 wins while at UF.... o_O
(imo, they're boning the new boy) :mad:

I stopped watching the game before halftime because of the crappy officials.
Tennis-sea has a decent team with a decent coach, but the game officials SUCK!

As I've said before: Coach White badly needs to learn how to get up in the officials face early in a game, or he'll never get 20 wins while at UF.... o_O
(imo, they're boning the new boy) :mad:

Never fails. Instantgator blaming the officials every time Florida loses.

UT has a LOUSY team. They have a SUPERIOR coach who OUTCOACHED the new Fla. dude. He put 5 guards on the floor, pressed the issue and STILL out rebounded a much taller Florida team due to boxing out and filling their lanes on defense and crashing the boards on offense. Did you see how many ORs UT had? - 15 against a much taller defense. A guard who had knee surgery two weeks ago Robert Hubbs had 9 rebounds.

That UT Team has suffered through 3 HCs in the last 3 years and the roster is made up mostly of unwanted 3* nobodies picked up after the recruiting season was over,a JUCO who plays a minute a game and a couple of grad students. Talent didn't win that game for UT. Coaching ( or lack of the same for the Gainesvillans)did

Reactions: nail1988
Others on the S.Russel show today also turned it off due to the officials letting tennis-sea thug-foul without being called for it. Apparently I'm not the only one with 20/20 vision.
Tell me, since your dollies won @ home against UF, does that mean we'll win another NC?
Let me know when any of your superior coaches win anything of importance... :rolleyes:

Your blanket claim that I always call out the officials is just more of your usual lying BS. o_O

And your B-Ball coach is better than ours, just like your dufus Wilbur Head-BJ is better than McElwain. :D

PS
His scapegoat firing of the DC will not improve that idiots game day performances.... :p

Last edited:
Others on the S.Russel show today also turned it off due to the officials letting tennis-sea thug-foul without being called for it. Apparently I'm not the only one with 20/20 vision.
Tell me, since your dollies won @ home against UF, does that mean we'll win another NC?
Let me know when any of your superior coaches win anything of importance... :rolleyes:

You blanket claim that I always call out the officials is just more of your usual lying BS. o_O

And your B-Ball coach is better than ours, just like your dufus Wilbur Head-BJ is better than McElwain. :D

PS
His scapegoat firing of the DC will not improve that idiots game day performances.... :p

43635-charlton-heston-laughing-gif-iOGX.gif

UF 24 - 14 Choke-la-homa, for the choke-la-homo with his head nailed-to-da-flor... :cool:
(your in-depth analysis and insights are always welcome,,, and to be laughed at)

UT has a LOUSY team. They have a SUPERIOR coach who OUTCOACHED the new Fla. dude. He put 5 guards on the floor, pressed the issue and STILL out rebounded a much taller Florida team due to boxing out and filling their lanes on defense and crashing the boards on offense. Did you see how many ORs UT had? - 15 against a much taller defense. A guard who had knee surgery two weeks ago Robert Hubbs had 9 rebounds.

No question

Your blanket claim that I always call out the officials is just more of your usual lying BS. o_O

PS

Uh, Unranked UT and it's DC went down to Tampa and kicked the crap out of the #12 team in the nation 45-6, a member of the Big 10+4 in the Outback Bowl. The same DC held Alabama to 13 points and actually was leading the game until 2 minutes to go in Tuskaloosa and this was after losing a starting DT to a broken leg the game before against U/Ga as well as losing the the starting RG and RT. Had True Freshmen manning the entire right side of the OL and a true soph at Center. Wound up losing 19-14. UT won it's final 6 games of the season after having that killer early-mid season schedule

How did your # 19 ranked team and it's DC do against your # 17 opponent, also a member of the Big 10+4 in what is basically a Home Bowl game? How did your much higher ranked defense and it's DC fare in your game against Alabama. How did the the Gainsvillans do in their final 6 games?

Blind officials cost you, right?

Rick Barnes isn't a good coach. He may have out coached our guy but Barnes isn't any good.

Uh, Unranked UT and it's DC went down to Tampa and kicked the crap out of the #12 team in the nation 45-6, a member of the Big 10+4 in the Outback Bowl. The same DC held Alabama to 13 points and actually was leading the game until 2 minutes to go in Tuskaloosa and this was after losing a starting DT to a broken leg the game before against U/Ga as well as losing the the starting RG and RT. Had True Freshmen manning the entire right side of the OL and a true soph at Center. Wound up losing 19-14. UT won it's final 6 games of the season after having that killer early-mid season schedule

How did your # 19 ranked team and it's DC do against your # 17 opponent, also a member of the Big 10+4 in what is basically a Home Bowl game? How did your much higher ranked defense and it's DC fare in your game against Alabama. How did the the Gainsvillans do in their final 6 games?

Blind officials cost you, right?
I know one thing. It's been over a decade since UT has beaten UF. That isn't good at all if your a UT fan. UT has been bad for a long long time.

Never fails. Instantgator blaming the officials every time Florida loses.

That UT Team has suffered through 3 HCs in the last 3 years and the roster is made up mostly of unwanted 3* nobodies picked up after the recruiting season was over,a JUCO who plays a minute a game and a couple of grad students. Talent didn't win that game for UT. Coaching ( or lack of the same for the Gainesvillans)did
I pretty much agree. However, Barnes is good for tourney appearances and that's about all.

How in the hell was Northwestern still ranked by the end of the year? Every game I saw them lose they got TROUNCED

In Tennessee, that spells heaven.
Considering just how weak the team is after Martin quit and his replacement had to be fired because the AD didn't vet him so that Barnes had to build a team out of players nobody else wanted, making the NCAA would be a huge accomplishment.

Lizards should ashamed to get whipped so bad by a team of runts

Oh, trust me when I say w are very ashamed when Tennessee is able to beat us at anything. It always shows just how far we have dropped.

Considering just how weak the team is after Martin quit and his replacement had to be fired because the AD didn't vet him so that Barnes had to build a team out of players nobody else wanted, making the NCAA would be a huge accomplishment.

Tennessee has a long history of being happy with just making it to the NCAA, given that they have only made as far as the sweet sixteen once in the history of the program. Or was it the Elite Eight? In any case, going deep in the NCAA tournament is not a Tennessee tradition.

Not sure you want to come over here and start calling Gators, "Lizards". That is, if you plan to hang around.

But I agree with your sentiment. Florida losing to UT is an embarrassment in almost any sport, save perhaps Women's Basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT