ADVERTISEMENT

Fake National Title

Um...of course it does. Some of Bama and UGA's wins were over teams that lost to the ACC. The SEC was propped up on past performance. Their OOC record was 6-9 this year and within that, it was 4-6 vs the ACC. Conferences have opportunities to legitimize themselves. Typically that is done during the season with head-to-head games vs OOC opponents and then again during bowl season. The ACC has 11 bowl eligible teams to the SEC's 9. The SEC was down this year which is why the Committee had to screw FSU to get Bama in and then cowardly blame it on J-Trav. FSU had a wider margin of victory than every single CFP Top 4 team which was good enough to get them to #4. Then magically everyone in the beauty pageant judgement room forgot we started a freshman QB and Norvel brilliantly game planned around that to get a win.

The fact FSU remained undefeated without it's top 2 QBs is typically indicative of a top tier team; however, that just wasn't the case this year. Hence why everyone outside the SEC is calling BS.
How about we just see how you do against UGA?

Um...of course it does. Some of Bama and UGA's wins were over teams that lost to the ACC. The SEC was propped up on past performance. Their OOC record was 6-9 this year and within that, it was 4-6 vs the ACC. Conferences have opportunities to legitimize themselves. Typically that is done during the season with head-to-head games vs OOC opponents and then again during bowl season. The ACC has 11 bowl eligible teams to the SEC's 9. The SEC was down this year which is why the Committee had to screw FSU to get Bama in and then cowardly blame it on J-Trav. FSU had a wider margin of victory than every single CFP Top 4 team which was good enough to get them to #4. Then magically everyone in the beauty pageant judgement room forgot we started a freshman QB and Norvel brilliantly game planned around that to get a win.

The fact FSU remained undefeated without it's top 2 QBs is typically indicative of a top tier team; however, that just wasn't the case this year. Hence why everyone outside the SEC is calling BS.
I would not hang my hat on the wins that the ACC got against the SEC this year. FSU over two that had 11 losses, two wins over South Carolina and a win over Vandy. Yikes.

Reactions: gatordad3
I guess we'll see how well that 4-6 SEC vs ACC record holds during bowl season--it's the only real metric.

FSU vs UGA
Clemson vs Kentucky

After that we'll just have to compare how each conference does. We'll revisit then.
Sorry Alaska you seem to be a good guy but there’s no way to sugarcoat it…the ACC pretty much sucks. Get your a$$ into a decent conference and shuck those losers.

Pretty much every Nole except for you and numbers have moved on.
Not true.
Sorry Alaska you seem to be a good guy but there’s no way to sugarcoat it…the ACC pretty much sucks. Get your a$$ into a decent conference and shuck those losers.
We're working on it. Once the GOR is fixed, we'll probably wind up in the B1G.

Eventually, there will be two major college football divisions like the AFC & NFC.

It WILL suck to be at any other school. The Tulanes of the world will have nothing to play for. Bowls won't even matter, less than they do now anyway.

We're going to get blown out of the stadium. Starters gone and a chunk of the rotation guys in the portal. UGA's 4/5 star bench is better than FSU's 3/4 star bench.

Yep, none of our nfl players are going to play and our backups are prtaling for money. This is an exhibition that we should decline to play in

The fact remains that Georgia, Bama and Texas are far better teams than FSU right now and all of this past season. Pretty much every Nole except for you and numbers have moved on. Everyone outside the SEC? From what we see is that even everyone outside the SEC are laughing at the Noles and their schedule.
Dude... Bama sucks lol wtf are you talking about. They almost lost to USF and a shitty Auburn team. We know you guys love to prop up the the sec who went 7 and 9 against other conferences this yr. Sec and bama just weren't very good this yr,you guys are having g a tougher time with that than we are with fsu. Only difference is we are actually fans of fsu and bama is the main reason you guys haven't been relevant. It's like your cheering on the person who kidnapped you. It's weird

Dude... Bama sucks lol wtf are you talking about. They almost lost to USF and a shitty Auburn team. We know you guys love to prop up the the sec who went 7 and 9 against other conferences this yr. Sec and bama just weren't very good this yr,you guys are having g a tougher time with that than we are with fsu. Only difference is we are actually fans of fsu and bama is the main reason you guys haven't been relevant. It's like your cheering on the person who kidnapped you. It's weird
Just like FSU absolutely sucks while almost lost to Boston College, Duke, Pitt, UF, Miami and Clemson. Personally, I don't pump the SEC as a whole like you and Igloo. Who around here is a UF alum/fan that pumps up Bama, Georgia, LSU, and Auburn to win national titles? Sure ain't me. We're just looking outside our O&B glasses.

Just like FSU absolutely sucks while almost lost to Boston College, Duke, Pitt, UF, Miami and Clemson. Personally, I don't pump the SEC as a whole like you and Igloo. Who around here is a UF alum/fan that pumps up Bama, Georgia, LSU, and Auburn to win national titles? Sure ain't me. We're just looking outside our O&B glasses.
You miss the point. The Committee can't say that Bama is better by ignoring the same struggles FSU had while also ignoring they had a loss. Neither #s or I are ignoring the close calls FSU had, we are well aware of them.

However, some of the teams you listed weren't close games and you're just looking at final scores out of context. Heck, even that clown Boo acknowledged the scUM game wasn't close. FSU's defense dominated the 2nd half. They had one completely fluke TD. The BC game was our flu game and we had our top two receivers out as well. Once we decided to "flip the switch" we were up 31-10. FSU then went back into relax mode, but BC didn't get the memo.

Barely beat UF? Come on man. This is why I hate the "Defense wins championships" mantra. People say it, but they don't believe it. Last year FSU was in shootouts with both UF and OU with our defense giving up huge chunks and TDs. Everyone loves offense, so our defensive failures were completely ignored.

Fast forward to this year and after Travis went down our defense allowed a single TD in 3 games, and we all know that one was off a bogus roughing the passer call on a crucial 3rd down. UL was averaging 30+ points per game and they did nothing. We held them to 10 first downs, 188 total yards, 0 TDs, and 7 sacks. With UF, your 4th Qtr was 0 yards + 50 penalty yards. FSU has two All Americans on the line. That Defense is ranked #5 in points allowed and it was one of the stingiest 4th Qtr defenses in the nation.

Point? FSU passes the eye test last year because of points scored, but fails the eye test this season with points allowed (despite our defense playing better than our offense).

Neither #s or I are saying FSU is better than Bama or Texas. We're saying the Committee was completely bias in their selection process. There's a reason it's been 2 weeks and the controversy hasn't died down.

I guess we'll see how well that 4-6 SEC vs ACC record holds during bowl season--it's the only real metric.

FSU vs UGA
Clemson vs Kentucky

After that we'll just have to compare how each conference does. We'll revisit then.
Ftr UK has already beaten the ACC runner-up....in their stadium. After regular season, it’s hard to say what wins or losses between UK/Clemson mean after transfers and opt outs.

that being said, ya know I’ll be virtually waving the SEC flag like Beavis on sugar when UK wins....
;)

• Wow
Reactions: gatordad3
You miss the point. The Committee can't say that Bama is better by ignoring the same struggles FSU had while also ignoring they had a loss. Neither #s or I are ignoring the close calls FSU had, we are well aware of them.

However, some of the teams you listed weren't close games and you're just looking at final scores out of context. Heck, even that clown Boo acknowledged the scUM game wasn't close. FSU's defense dominated the 2nd half. They had one completely fluke TD. The BC game was our flu game and we had our top two receivers out as well. Once we decided to "flip the switch" we were up 31-10. FSU then went back into relax mode, but BC didn't get the memo.

Barely beat UF? Come on man. This is why I hate the "Defense wins championships" mantra. People say it, but they don't believe it. Last year FSU was in shootouts with both UF and OU with our defense giving up huge chunks and TDs. Everyone loves offense, so our defensive failures were completely ignored.

Fast forward to this year and after Travis went down our defense allowed a single TD in 3 games, and we all know that one was off a bogus roughing the passer call on a crucial 3rd down. UL was averaging 30+ points per game and they did nothing. We held them to 10 first downs, 188 total yards, 0 TDs, and 7 sacks. With UF, your 4th Qtr was 0 yards + 50 penalty yards. FSU has two All Americans on the line. That Defense is ranked #5 in points allowed and it was one of the stingiest 4th Qtr defenses in the nation.

Point? FSU passes the eye test last year because of points scored, but fails the eye test this season with points allowed (despite our defense playing better than our offense).

Neither #s or I are saying FSU is better than Bama or Texas. We're saying the Committee was completely bias in their selection process. There's a reason it's been 2 weeks and the controversy hasn't died down.
Nobody’s still talking about it except FSU fans. It’s like Herbstreit said in that video, if the criteria were “4 most deserving” teams, maybe you’d be correct even though I actually think Bama’s season was more impressive. But if the committee was choosing what they thought were the 4 best teams, then there’s really no argument that FSU should be in.

Same with all the other non-playoff bowls. The more I look at the Portal and NFL opt outs, it's pretty clear every bowl is meaningless and essentially a 2024 pre-season exhibition match. Our beloved sport is dying.
The $$$ pushed sponsors and conferences to add a bunch of meaningless bowls years ago….now that players can transfer and opt out, those bowls are becoming more meaningless, and some might disappear.

RoofClaim.com Boca Raton bowl? Union Mortgage Gasping for Air Bowl? W.T.F

Same with all the other non-playoff bowls. The more I look at the Portal and NFL opt outs, it's pretty clear every bowl is meaningless and essentially a 2024 pre-season exhibition match. Our beloved sport is dying.
Yeah they have to fix the transfer portal. I was thinking about the same thing, it absolutely demolishes the entire bowl season. Other than the playoff teams, just about every team is not playing half its starters. Problem is the only way to fix the portal is to basically figure out a way to enter multi year contracts with kids and that means the schools/conferences/ncaa are going to have to come off some of that revenue. And look at the absurd lengths they’ve gone to this point to avoid doing that. I’m not even sure they can do it because you know most of that money is already spent.

Reactions: fsu939913
Nobody’s still talking about it except FSU fans. It’s like Herbstreit said in that video, if the criteria were “4 most deserving” teams, maybe you’d be correct even though I actually think Bama’s season was more impressive. But if the committee was choosing what they thought were the 4 best teams, then there’s really no argument that FSU should be in.
I think the SEC should have been left out this year. Yeah, I said it.

• Wow
Reactions: alaskanseminole
Yeah they have to fix the transfer portal. I was thinking about the same thing, it absolutely demolishes the entire bowl season. Other than the playoff teams, just about every team is not playing half its starters. Problem is the only way to fix the portal is to basically figure out a way to enter multi year contracts with kids and that means the schools/conferences/ncaa are going to have to come off some of that revenue. And look at the absurd lengths they’ve gone to this point to avoid doing that. I’m not even sure they can do it because you know most of that money is already spent.
FSU has certainly benefited from the portal, but as this thing continues to grow it's really going to get out of hand. FSU's Rodney Hill had 190 yards on 50 carries and wants more NIL money than Trey Benson!? What!?

And when we're looking at new recruits, especially the 5-star variety, we'll now we get to play keep away and get held at gunpoint every off season if it turns out this kid can play. So much for watching the young guys going through development. Instead we're left with mercenaries, fan donations and shady donors.

We definitely need NIL contracts and freaking caps. Peyton wanted more money than Verse who's a 1st rounder!

Yea that 7 pt win against usf was spectacular. Barely beating Arkansas and a and m who both suck.... let's not forget the miracle against a shitty 6 win Auburn team. What an impressive season. Only common opponent, fsu beat and dominated more, only team to keep the Heisman winner at 24 pts or below and that's only because of an 80 yard pass against our 4th string. Unless you lean forward and spread your cheeks for Saban, its impossible to think bama had a better season.

Agreed

Yea that 7 pt win against usf was spectacular. Barely beating Arkansas and an and m who both suck.... let's not forget the miracle against a shitty 6 win Auburn team. What an impressive season. Only common opponent, fsu beat and dominated more, only team to keep the Heisman winner at 24 pts or below and that's only because of an 80 yard pass against our 4th string. Unless you lean forward and spread your cheeks for Saban, its impossible to think bama had a better season.
Bama beat Georgia which is better than any win you’ve had in like 15 years.

Bama beat Georgia which is better than any win you’ve had in like 15 years.

Season is 13 games, not 1 and they beat an injured uga team by 3....wow, so impressive. This UGA team also played a worse schedule than Sun belt teams

Thinking about this, FSU should really be mad at the Big 10. They were the ones who threw a hissy fit at the SEC and tabled the discussion on moving to a 12 team playoff for a year. Without that wuss move, there would have been a 12 team playoff this year rather than starting next year.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Lol. It always has been a fake national title.

FSU got screwed, but sadgator loves it.

For being one of the crappiest college football seasons, it had an awesome ending!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
FSU and Georgia going a combined 25-1 and both missing out on the playoffs? So, so much schadenfreude...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT