ADVERTISEMENT

Fake National Title

Look, college football is the one sport that has never been able to claim a true undisputed national champ. One day the sport will figure it out, but part of the fun of college football is the debating.

We are doing figure skating now (let's judge them and come up with a score). The games don't matter, ESPN with protect their puppy even if the puppy pees on the floor. I wanted fsu out of the playoffs with a loss, this just means there are complete morons making decisions

Sugar Bowl (Playoff semifinal): Michigan vs. Alabama

Rose Bowl (Playoff semifinal): Washington vs. Texas

I posted this last night in the college playoff scenario thread post #51 at about 11:15

Reactions: PacoGator19
Lol. It always has been a fake national title.

FSU got screwed, but sadgator loves it.

For being one of the crappiest college football seasons, it had an awesome ending!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️How were they screwed? They are not one of the 4 best teams.

We are doing figure skating now (let's judge them and come up with a score). The games don't matter, ESPN with protect their puppy even if the puppy pees on the floor. I wanted fsu out of the playoffs with a loss, this just means there are complete morons making decisions
YOUR games didn't matter. #5 SOS vs #55. You're in the wrong conference if you want that to matter. On the plus side maybe FSU will get to meet up with Georgia and prove to the world you belong.

No reason to play the season anymore
You’re ACC champs, that’s as far as fsu was going anyway with the 3rd string qb. Georgia unfortunately is going to rip y’all to shreds with the offense you have let’s get real about it. No need really to get embarrassed in the playoffs.

Reactions: KingofHedgehogs
There were 18 punts, 4 turnover on downs, 1 missed FG, 1 INT. combined in their game last night, 24 possessions with zero points. FSU threw for 55 total yards vs a Louisville team that gave up 38 points to UK. Yeah, playoff material!

You’re ACC champs, that’s as far as fsu was going anyway with the 3rd string qb. Georgia unfortunately is going to rip y’all to shreds with the offense you have let’s get real about it. No need really to get embarrassed in the playoffs.

Tate would be back for cfb playoff.

There were 18 punts, 4 turnover on downs, 1 missed FG, 1 INT. combined in their game last night, 24 possessions with zero points. FSU threw for 55 total yards vs a Louisville team that gave up 38 points to UK. Yeah, playoff material!

All I heard was how much we dominated on defense. Took a team that scored over 30 a game and held them to 6 and won with a 3rd stringer. Had more yards than Michigan did with their starter. Beat UF by a bigger margin with a backup than bama beat Auburn with their starter

Reactions: goldmom
FSU needs to call UCF up to see where they bought their own National Championship trophies when they sucked and went undefeated! I fell bad for the players and coach, even though no doubt the 4 best teams got in. But the whiney little bitchy fans can suck it.

I am all in on this idea. Hang the banner.

We knew there was sec bias and bama bias but whoa.... I don't count any of bamas titles, they were rigged

FSU needs to call UCF up to see where they bought their own National Championship trophies when they sucked and went undefeated! I fell bad for the players and coach, even though no doubt the 4 best teams got in. But the whiney little bitchy fans can suck it.
Scott Frost definitely made a schiittie decision by choosing Nebraska over UF. He would have kept almost every recruit to stay in the state of Florida. Then again, Frost wanted to bring each and everyone of his assistants to Florida. We see how well that went when he flew them to Nebraska.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
All I heard was how much we dominated on defense. Took a team that scored over 30 a game and held them to 6 and won with a 3rd stringer. Had more yards than Michigan did with their starter. Beat UF by a bigger margin with a backup than bama beat Auburn with their starter
Are you in pain from all that twisting to make some kind of point? You do have a pretty good defense, but you need an offense too. Fsu apparently is a playoff team with Jordan Travis, but a top 25 team without him. That injury ruined your season.

Are you in pain from all that twisting to make some kind of point? You do have a pretty good defense, but you need an offense too. Fsu apparently is a playoff team with Jordan Travis, but a top 25 team without him. That injury ruined your season.

So after his injury we shouldn't play? So basically what is being said is, if your starter gets hurts, you shouldn't play the rest of the season because it's a waste of time. Imagine Mahomes getting hurt, winning the game but the NFL goes, ya know what, they don't have Mahomes, put the other team in there. That's what you are agreeing with. I don't care that we aren't winning the natty or even in the playoffs, tbh, I didn't expect us to be at the beginning fo the yr. What I care about is seeing the corruption of how winning games don't matter when that's the ONLY thing that matters. Who gives af what 13 nerds think

So after his injury we shouldn't play? So basically what is being said is, if your starter gets hurts, you shouldn't play the rest of the season because it's a waste of time. Imagine Mahomes getting hurt, winning the game but the NFL goes, ya know what, they don't have Mahomes, put the other team in there. That's what you are agreeing with. I don't care that we aren't winning the natty or even in the playoffs, tbh, I didn't expect us to be at the beginning fo the yr. What I care about is seeing the corruption of how winning games don't matter when that's the ONLY thing that matters. Who gives af what 13 nerds think
If Travis is that important and affects the playoffs to this extent, just give the guy the Heisman right now. It reminds me of people saying that Peyton Manning should be the league MVP after what his absence did to his team.

Also, we'll have Tate in the game not Brock.

Who said that? You keep playing for whatever success you can still achieve that season. This isn't the NFL, we do things differently. The criteria hasn't changed just because fsu was the best team in the ACC this year. It is what it is. When the ACC wins 15 of the last 17 natty's they might have more weight. The ACC hasn't made much noise at all, even with Clemson. That's where one of the criteria, strength of schedule, comes in.

My son played for Little League where the competition was fierce. A lot of talented kids there. He got discouraged even though he was more than above average as a player. We took him to the YMCA to play because he changed his mind too late to sign up again. He dominated so hard that kids made the sign of the cross when they went up to bat. The point is that if you're not playing against the best, you look better than you actually are. Undefeated? So was Liberty, would you compare them to FSU? Of course not. Sorry, but FSU's body of work left a lot to be desired without JT. The injury and the lackluster last two wins, did FSU in. JMHO

Reactions: PacoGator19
If Travis is that important and affects the playoffs to this extent, just give the guy the Heisman right now. It reminds me of people saying that Peyton Manning should be the league MVP after what his absence did to his team.

Also, we'll have Tate in the game not Brock.
Tennessee never sniffed a Natty with Peyton Manning. (You can thank US for that). ;) Low and behold, the year he leaves UT beats you for all the marbles. That's kind of ironic. 😂

Personally I'm very happy to have uga and fsu play in some meaningless bowl game. We compete with them for a lot of recruits. But I will say what bothers me is the committee thinks they can predict outcomes of games. Doesn't work that way. If so, then just give uga the title before the season starts.

Reactions: fsu939913
Personally I'm very happy to have uga and fsu play in some meaningless bowl game. We compete with them for a lot of recruits. But I will say what bothers me is the committee thinks they can predict outcomes of games. Doesn't work that way. If so, then just give uga the title before the season starts.
They've been declaring preseason championships based on recruiting ever since Smart got hired. It's what makes this so funny. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: gatordad3
Who said that? You keep playing for whatever success you can still achieve that season. This isn't the NFL, we do things differently. The criteria hasn't changed just because fsu was the best team in the ACC this year. It is what it is. When the ACC wins 15 of the last 17 natty's they might have more weight. The ACC hasn't made much noise at all, even with Clemson. That's where one of the criteria, strength of schedule, comes in.

My son played for Little League where the competition was fierce. A lot of talented kids there. He got discouraged even though he was more than above average as a player. We took him to the YMCA to play because he changed his mind too late to sign up again. He dominated so hard that kids made the sign of the cross when they went up to bat. The point is that if you're not playing against the best, you look better than you actually are. Undefeated? So was Liberty, would you compare them to FSU? Of course not. Sorry, but FSU's body of work left a lot to be desired without JT. The injury and the lackluster last two wins, did FSU in. JMHO

Weighing 17 yrs in the past instead of just this yr. Classic shill. This is the ONLY season that matters. Comparing Liberty who played no p5 teams to us is dumb, even for you. We beat LSU, we beat Clemson at Clemson (not done in 4 yrs), we beat Louisville, we beat Duke when they were 18th, we beat everyone on the schedule. Bama is not the better team, common opponent in lsu, we played better. They lost, we didn't. They played awful in like 6 or 7 games, could have lost 3 to 4 games. Was porous against a 5 win Auburn team. You believe the narrative, the narrative though has hurt UF for 10 yrs. You think slurping g bama helps you, it doesn't. They are in your conf and you cheer for them. Shameful. If an undefeated FSU team doesn't make the playoffs while scheduling LSU and UF OOC, then there is no point in calling it a power five.

The ACC went 6 and 4 against the SEC. We dominated you this yr. The last 18 yrs have ZERO impact on this yr.

This clearly espn paying their golden boy....who holds you down every single year but you still twerk for them. It's crazy to me. First time in awhile where I thought UF fans were as bad as fsu fans. You can be haply we didn't make it but as a competitor, you should want to see undefeated teams play.

Games should matter, losses should matter, this shouldn't be a feeling sport. It should be a fact sport. 0 losses. 2 and 0 against the sec, 4 and 0 against the top 25. When QB got I Jared defense stepped up and dominated. No chance anyone e with brains can watch bama and go, oh yea, that's an elite team who deserves it

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: alaskanseminole
Weighing 17 yrs in the past instead of just this yr. Classic shill. This is the ONLY season that matters. Comparing Liberty who played no p5 teams to us is dumb, even for you. We beat LSU, we beat Clemson at Clemson (not done in 4 yrs), we beat Louisville, we beat Duke when they were 18th, we beat everyone on the schedule. Bama is not the better team, common opponent in lsu, we played better. They lost, we didn't. They played awful in like 6 or 7 games, could have lost 3 to 4 games. Was porous against a 5 win Auburn team. You believe the narrative, the narrative though has hurt UF for 10 yrs. You think slurping g bama helps you, it doesn't. They are in your conf and you cheer for them. Shameful. If an undefeated FSU team doesn't make the playoffs while scheduling LSU and UF OOC, then there is no point in calling it a power five.

The ACC went 6 and 4 against the SEC. We dominated you this yr. The last 18 yrs have ZERO impact on this yr.

This clearly espn paying their golden boy....who holds you down every single year but you still tweak for them. It's crazy to me. First time in awhile where I thought UF fans were as bad as fsu fans. You can be haply we didn't make it but as a competitor, you should want to see undefeated teams play.

Games should matter, losses should matter, this shouldn't be a feeling sport. It should be a fact sport. 0 losses. 2 and 0 against the sec, 4 and 0 against the top 25. When QB got I Jared defense stepped up and dominated. No chance anyone e with brains can watch bama and go, oh yea, that's an elite team who deserves it
Since J-Trav's injury, the Florida State defense was on the field for 38 possessions. And allowed 1 touchdown. And that came after a horrible personal foul call that negated a third-down stop. So, essentially 0 TDs on 38 possessions SINCE the injury. But hey, couldn't compete!

Reactions: fsu939913

This clearly espn paying their golden boy....who holds you down every single year but you still tweak for them. It's crazy to me. First time in awhile where I thought UF fans were as bad as fsu fans. You can be haply we didn't make it but as a competitor, you should want to see undefeated teams play.

Games should matter, losses should matter, this shouldn't be a feeling sport. It should be a fact sport. 0 losses. 2 and 0 against the sec, 4 and 0 against the top 25. When QB got I Jared defense stepped up and dominated. No chance anyone e with brains can wa tch bama and go, oh yea, that's an elite team who deserves it
C'mon man. FSU's season was no storybook written on golden sheaves. You beat a 3 loss LSU on the 1st week of the season. You forget about some horrid games like eeking out a win against a horrible BC. A 3 loss Clemson had you dead to rights in regulation and screwed the pooch. The rest of your schedule was pillowy soft, and our boy Billy snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. I really don't want to hear about Bama's close calls after a season in review. 😂

Auburn had 6 wins for your information. 🤣

C'mon man. FSU's season was no storybook written on golden sheaves. You beat a 3 loss LSU on the 1st week of the season. You forget about some horrid games like eeking out a win against a horrible BC. A 3 loss Clemson had you dead to rights in regulation and screwed the pooch. The rest of your schedule was pillowy soft, and our boy Billy snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. I really don't want to hear about Bama's close calls after a season in review. 😂

SEC 7 and 9 against other conferences..... ACC had a winning record. ACC went 6 and 4 against the sec. Seems like we were the better conference. Carry the water for bama tho, it's been working out for you for the past 10 or so yrs. It's obvious to any non moron that an undefeated team who wins their conf gets in. Why do we even play the games? I'm not asking you to root for fsu, I'm asking if you have common sense. Fsu could have done NOTHING differently, nothing. They went 13 and 0. Bama lost. It's that simple. Bama played in a worse conference this yr by every single metric. As a cfb fan, you should want the 4 teams who earned their way in. Bama almost lost to a TERRIBLE Auburn team and did lose to Texas. If this was UF, no way you see it that way. I know you wouldn't, I'm looking at this objectively, I wanted us to lose against Louisville, this isn't homerism (you should know me better than that by now).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT