ADVERTISEMENT

ECU GAME THREAD. Get ready boys!

We have a patch work line and look better on offense than since Urban left. Screw Muschamp. Damn.

Anybody concerned about this defense? Unknown what the numbers say but we're undisciplined as hell staying in our lanes and playing with technique. We almost never make the first tackle either.

As long aa we never, ever recruit another statue QB I am good. How mobileia the Allen kid, and yea I realize he is still in PopWarner but can he move?

Don't think you have to worry about it if last years class and this one is any indication. We recruited that Jackson kid hard who went to Louisville and he was a dual threat guy. This year most of the guys we have targeted have been dual threat guys. And no Allen isn't mobile at all. I'm not a huge fan regardless of his mobility but that's for another thread.

There is the 50% Hardin I hate. FSU's kicker is so much better than him. We are letting g th is team stay in the game.

Anybody concerned about this defense? Unknown what the numbers say but we're undisciplined as hell staying in our lanes and playing with technique. We almost never make the first tackle either.
You may be right about that but overall the D is playing well and holding them to almost nothing after the first drive.

I hate the way we call the game with Treon in, almost no pass attempts on early downs. Why? The offense is being bogged down. And Hardin looks To be in one of his terrible miss streaks again.

I'm shocked we haven't replaced him the last two years. When he misses it's not even close. We haven't played well on offense overall but we should still be sitting on 16 points and be up two scores if we could make easy FG's.

Minus the first drive, I'm okay with the defense.

They have 124 passing yards (mainly off that one drive) and 5 yards rushing off of 16 attempts.

And ooz, I think there's a reason we play Treon like we do.

Grier is wide eyed? Goodness...Some people aren't watching the same things.

Could be worse guys and gals...

Arkansas lost to Toledo.
Missouri is down 17-10 at half vs Arkansas St..
And Auburn should have lost but won on OT vs. Jacksonville St.

I don't think Treon is the issue tonight with his series, it's the oline and the play calling...we can't run for ish, not even when Grier is in the game. The issue is we keep running on 1st and 2nd down with Treon in the game and because we keep getting stuffed we're ending up in 3rd and long. The oline has been bad. We have almost 20 rushing attempts and don't even have much yards to show for it. We need to be more aggressive on first to back the defense up off the line and they're calling the game super conservative, at least that has been the case when Harris has been it.

I don't think Treon is the issue tonight with his series, it's the oline and the play calling...we can't run for ish, not even when Grier is in the game. The issue is we keep running on 1st and 2nd down with Treon in the game and because we keep getting stuffed we're ending up in 3rd and long. The oline has been bad. We have almost 20 rushing attempts and don't even have 10 yards to show for it. We need to be more aggressive on first to back the defense up off the line and they're calling the game super conservative, at least that has been the case when Harris has been it.

Like I said. I think there is a reason we call plays differently with Treon in.

I'll be interested to see if he comes out in the second half.

The truth is they want Grier to be the QB, understandably. And I feel that's been reflected in the rotation and the play calling. It hasn't been even IMO.

Wow! 3rd and 1 and four ECU defenders meet Taylor in the backfield. Dillard has been getting handled all game.

They're gonna keep blitzing until we change up our calls on the early downs. I guess the logic is to have Grier throw us to victory but then they're just gonna pin their ears back and come after him too. We're just effed until this oline decides to block some damn body.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT