ADVERTISEMENT

Does Ole Miss go for kneecaps?

LizardGrad89

Bull Gator
Nov 12, 2003
With FSU essentially down to one QB, does Ole Miss pull a play out of the FSU file and really try to knock Francois out the game, putting Consentino out there?? It would all but guarantee a win, IMO, because all I've heard about that kid is that he's nowhere close to being ready for the field..

Personally, I haven't seen a lot of this thing called "ethics" coming out of Oxford lately, so I think it's a possibility.

With FSU essentially down to one QB, does Ole Miss pull a play out of the FSU file and really try to knock Francois out the game, putting Consentino out there?? It would all but guarantee a win, IMO, because all I've heard about that kid is that he's nowhere close to being ready for the field..

Personally, I haven't seen a lot of this thing called "ethics" coming out of Oxford lately, so I think it's a possibility.

Conversely, would not Ole Miss be in similar straits were their star Kelly go down? Likely many teams are in that position where a key player ( QB, RB ) loss could be critical, and this is not limited to just this year. It is integral to the sport to not play with the intention to injure. Recently a Citadel player commented after a game that they were playing to injure the opponent, and they actually did so. He was kicked off the team. No place in the game for it.

Conversely, would not Ole Miss be in similar straits were their star Kelly go down? Likely many teams are in that position where a key player ( QB, RB ) loss could be critical, and this is not limited to just this year. It is integral to the sport to not play with the intention to injure. Recently a Citadel player commented after a game that they were playing to injure the opponent, and they actually did so. He was kicked off the team. No place in the game for it.

Shame nobody ever explained that to Mickey Andrews.

Ole Miss has a backup, he's not Kelly, but he can run the offense. FSU right now has one QB that can run the offense. Major difference.

They will absolutely not rout ole miss

The line went from 10 to 4.5

Probably a 24-17 type game barring a bunch of turnovers on either side. Teams are rarely sharp to start the season, there won't be a lot of scoring I don't think.

Have you forgotten (overlooked) Darnell Dockett?

Reactions: GatorGray
It's too bad FSU doesn't play a good SEC team. They are going to rout Ole' Miss. Seriously, this is going to be like a 20 point differential by halftime.

Is this some kind of schtick I don't get? OM is probably no worse than the 3rd or 4th team in the league.

Tell me about the Gator QB depth chart again, ace.

Dementia getting the best of you granny? I'll try to refresh your memory.

Well, we have 4 QBs on the roster, 2 that we have some confidence in, a true freshman we have a little confidence in, and a true freshman we have no confidence in. See, if we lost the top backup and the more ready of the true freshmen, our QB situation would mirror where FSU is right now, having lost the top backup and a possibly capable true freshman, leaving a sophomore backing up who couldn't find his backside with both hands.

Ole Miss defense is too good to get blown out along with their offense. They could very easily win the game

Is this some kind of schtick I don't get? OM is probably no worse than the 3rd or 4th team in the league.

Doubtful. They return only 10 starters from last years team. I got them at about 9-3 this year which is still pretty good but I doubt they're near the top of the conference.

Reactions: nail1988
Doubtful. They return only 10 starters from last years team. I got them at about 9-3 this year which is still pretty good but I doubt they're near the top of the conference.

Ole Piss lost a lot of Talent of last years team. I agree 9-3 or 8-4 depending on how Kelly performs with a very suspect running game.

Last edited:
My feelings are very mixed on this game.
I don't much like Ms or MsSt for that matter, but they are SEC teams.

However, we don't play Ms this season, but we do play FSUcks, so for UF's end of the year position, it's better if Ms loses to them, and then we beat the criminoles.

Still, I can never get myself to ever root for refSUcks again, so I probably won't even watch this game. The box score is about as close as I'll come to it.

I don't know why it's that high, but when things like that don't make sense.... it usually happens

which is why the Clemson line is concerning

i-know-you-p1pmgn.jpg

Is that what you said last year when Florida beat them?

My how the narrative about Ole Miss among the FSU fans seems to be changin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT