ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Mullen...

We can beat LSU.

No turnovers.
Enough pressure to keep Burrows from throwing long.
Effective running game to keep LSU O off the field.
Trask needs to break the 2 TD ceiling.

Give me no more than one TO, 4 TD from Trask, 5+ QB pressures/sacks, and over 100 yards rushing, and I like our chances.

And for anyone who says "no duh", well, yeah. LSU is that good, we will need to play a tremendous game to win. We could muck about with Tennessee and still win, we were able to beat Auburn with a sloppy game because they were sloppier, but LSU won't be sloppy.

That's a whole lot of caveats and addendum.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Yeah, wow, that Gator defense scoring those 24 points sure won the game alright... :cool:
A 'TEAM' winning effort,,, is never a one pony show... o_O

I’m aware. If not for the defense holding Auburn out of the end zone when our offense continued to turn the ball over repeatedly we lose the game.

Reactions: sadgator
I’m aware. If not for the defense holding Auburn out of the end zone when our offense continued to turn the ball over repeatedly we lose the game.

Flip that coin over and you'll find that if the offense didn't score 24 points, then AU's 13 pts scored would have won them the game... :rolleyes:

The entire defense got my 'game-ball' but they weren't on the field by themselves.
Special Teams again had a great game, did their job in every aspect.
And does Trask's toughness and leadership get any of the credit for the defense giving up only 1 TD and 3 FG's since he became the QB? (jus-sayin) :cool:

Example - https://florida.rivals.com/news/kyle-trask-feared-his-college-football-dream-was-over

Last edited:
Now 16-3 at UF. Officially the best start in UF history.

10 straight wins the most in a row since 2006-2007.

But he never won titles at Mississippi State so he can’t coach.

Hes an excellent coach. I think hes a top 7 or 8 coach and a perfect fit for UF at fhe right time.

We can beat LSU.

No turnovers.
Enough pressure to keep Burrows from throwing long.
Effective running game to keep LSU O off the field.
Trask needs to break the 2 TD ceiling.

Give me no more than one TO, 4 TD from Trask, 5+ QB pressures/sacks, and over 100 yards rushing, and I like our chances.

And for anyone who says "no duh", well, yeah. LSU is that good, we will need to play a tremendous game to win. We could muck about with Tennessee and still win, we were able to beat Auburn with a sloppy game because they were sloppier, but LSU won't be sloppy.

I don't think it's likely that UF will beat LSU. Then again, I thought it unlikely that you'd beat Auburn so....

LSU has had a tendency to start slow this year. That may well provide the Gators with the opportunity they need...if you guys can clean up the turnovers like you mentioned.
Also, LSU doesn't have a great running game and the Gator DL is very talented along with your secondary.

The biggest advantage UF will have is coaching...or should I say head coaching. Their DC (Dave Aranda) is VERY good imo and Ensminger, who I used to believe was an idiot, has been very good in 2019.

The Gators took a new HC with a tFr QB into Death Valley in 2003 (LSU won NC) and came away with the win UF 19 - 7 LSU 13-1 NC. :eek: (the Zookster with Leak)

That was then, this is now, but that proves that it can be done.... o_O

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Flip that coin over and you'll find that if the offense didn't score 24 points, then AU's 13 pts scored would have won them the game... :rolleyes:

The entire defense got my 'game-ball' but they weren't on the field by themselves.
Special Teams again had a great game, did their job in every aspect.
And does Trask's toughness and leadership get any of the credit for the defense giving up only 1 TD and 3 FG's since he became the QB? (jus-sayin) :cool:

Example - https://florida.rivals.com/news/kyle-trask-feared-his-college-football-dream-was-over

But how about another (2nd) opinion, from someone a bit closer to the team?

"The guys believe in it: offense, defense and special teams,"
Mullen said after Saturday's victory. "It seems that all year when we could really use an offensive play (we get one.) An 88-yard touchdown run and we put the game away. We could use a first down and we get a first down. We turned it over three straight times and put us in some bad positions. We could use a stop and a stop and a stop, and we create a turnover. They get the ball in the red zone and we create a turnover in the red zone. We could use a big special teams play here and we get a big punt." o_O

I don't think it's likely that UF will beat LSU. Then again, I thought it unlikely that you'd beat Auburn so....

LSU has had a tendency to start slow this year. That may well provide the Gators with the opportunity they need...if you guys can clean up the turnovers like you mentioned.
Also, LSU doesn't have a great running game and the Gator DL is very talented along with your secondary.

The biggest advantage UF will have is coaching...or should I say head coaching. Their DC (Dave Aranda) is VERY good imo and Ensminger, who I used to believe was an idiot, has been very good in 2019.
Coach O is good for 1 to 2 losses every year. He's due for one of his brain fart games.

In other news, I'm getting married.

Go figure.
Seriously, congratulations Danny. Good for you. Although sadgator loves to goof on her, although we have sex less often than seeing Halley’s Comet, and although she is apparently having a wild affair with LakerGator...sadgator would be lost without Pippa...it isn’t always easy, but true love is a gift from above if you are lucky enough to find it. Best wishes for you.

I can handle a night loss to this LSU team. But we have to win out from there.

Much more important tocbeat UGA this year and not have boneheaded collapse against a USCe or Mizzou.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
It was also Todd Grantham's defensive game plan that held Auburn in check. Florida did not blitz as often (only in short yardage situations) and kept all of Auburn's options in front of them as well as the side-line to sideline ones which are often the distraction in Malzhan's offenses.

The Florida defenders just had to make the necessary tackles in space.

Most of the afternoon, Auburn's offense had numerous three & outs.

I would give out the following grades to Florida's performance against Auburn:

UF Defense: A+
(3 ints and two sacks)
Held Auburn to 124 y rushing/34 carries 0 TD's;
Nix: 11/27 145 Y, 1 TD, 3 ints

UF Special Teams: C+
The Good: 1 FG and a punt fumble recovery
The Bad: Terrible call by Dan Mullen for UF's punter to go for a fake punt inside Florida territory. Auburn baited Mullen into that call & subsequently stopped it and their offense finally scored a TD to make a 14-6 game now become a 14-13 tight game. When Florida' offense has been making numerous fumbles (two up to that point) which directly led to Auburn's two FG's, it is inappropriate to take such a risk; especially, after Florida's previous punt led to an Auburn fumble.

UF Offense: C- (4 fumbles; 2 TD passing, 1 TD rushing)
& The Ugly:
Three total fumbles by Trask when facing pass pressure from Auburn. One more fumble by RB pierce who dropped the ball due to a concussion after being hit in the head by the Auburn LB. The numerous turnovers make it hard for any offense to overcome a quality opponent like Auburn.

Great credit to Dan Mullen for constructing all of Florida's explosive plays and their execution by Florida's players. Particularly, that 88-yard TD run by Perine.

The Gators get off to a 6-0 (3-0) start and now extend their winning streak to 10-games. After this week, it will be the 8th/9th straight week in the top 10 poll counting back to last season! That's pretty dang good after a 4-8 season in 2018.
We have a lot of games in our holes in our game. we'll see how the season plays out. 6-0 is the best that you can be right now.

We have a lot of games in our holes in our game. we'll see how the season plays out. 6-0 is the best that you can be right now.

~ Florida's current 10 game winning streak is the longest active streak in the SEC.

ATLANTA, Ga. – Florida head football coach Dan Mullen has been selected as The Dodd Trophy Coach of the Week, as announced on Tuesday by officials from the Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Foundation and Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl.

The Dodd Trophy Coach of the Week award honors a football coach who led his team to a significant victory during the previous week, while also embodying the award's three pillars of scholarship, leadership and integrity.

"Coach Mullen has quickly restored the Florida program to national prominence," said Jim Terry, chairman of the Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Foundation. "Coach Dodd would be proud of his ability to turn around the program in such a short amount of time, while also remaining committed to excellence in the classroom and the community."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT