ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Mullen is the...

I'm sure his incentives have been reached to kick in some nice bonus money. He has exceeded expectations in each of his first two years. Leading at LSU in the fourth quarter was as impressive as a loss can be to me. Next year is when I think we are legitimate contenders.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I'm sure his incentives have been reached to kick in some nice bonus money. He has exceeded expectations in each of his first two years. Leading at LSU in the fourth quarter was as impressive as a loss can be to me. Next year is when I think we are legitimate contenders.
I think it will be the year after but we weren't far off this season.

Still wish he ran the 6'5" 240 lbs QB sneak for a half yard instead of terrible pick off pass under pressure to corner of end zone on that 4th down late in 4th quarter at LSU......oh well, can't win them all.

Reactions: BSC911 and rdgtr
What he and Coach Johnson did this year w the qb situation and how he got the ball to that very talented group of wide receivers was impressive. Dealing w an average run blocking Oline (I do think their pass pro was good overall), Mullen and the offensive staff deserve credit. It is fun to watch and back to back NYD6 bowl wins he deserves any more money he gets.

Reactions: SwampLander
Still wish he ran the 6'5" 240 lbs QB sneak for a half yard instead of terrible pick off pass under pressure to corner of end zone on that 4th down late in 4th quarter at LSU......oh well, can't win them all.

True, but generally I think he makes the right calls. It's tough to put yourself in that position and absolute certain you know what the right call is.

i agree, one more 9-10 win season then we should be into serious title contention

Agreed! We need another recruiting class that hauls in offensive skill players that can boost us to another level. Another successful year on the field should deliver that.

i agree, one more 9-10 win season then we should be into serious title contention
I'm not sure that'll add up. Year after next we'll likely be breaking in a new QB (presumably Jones), and the O-line will be losing 4 of the 5 starters I believe.

This year should be as good a chance as any, especially since we have a soft schedule, and both of our difficult games are non-away games as well (LSU at home, and they'll be starting a new QB; UGA in Jax).

Mullen has done very well, and he is the right guy, but we should be expecting an SEC crown next year when you look at it (Alabama with a new QB most likely, UGA potentially with Fromm gone, LSU with a new QB....). Less than that and we will have underachieved.

I'm not sure that'll add up. Year after next we'll likely be breaking in a new QB (presumably Jones), and the O-line will be losing 4 of the 5 starters I believe.

This year should be as good a chance as any, especially since we have a soft schedule, and both of our difficult games are non-away games as well (LSU at home, and they'll be starting a new QB; UGA in Jax).

Mullen has done very well, and he is the right guy, but we should be expecting an SEC crown next year when you look at it (Alabama with a new QB most likely, UGA potentially with Fromm gone, LSU with a new QB....). Less than that and we will have underachieved.

I agree that the schedule sets up well. However, I don’t find it fair to fully judge Mullen until he can run his offense to its fullest. But thats just me.

I agree that the schedule sets up well. However, I don’t find it fair to fully judge Mullen until he can run his offense to its fullest. But thats just me.
If he chooses to play the immobile guy over the mobile qb shouldn’t you guys judge him on that though?

Our play calling is spectacular. Dan is our guy.
Anybody who doesn’t relish every moment of this is crazy.
Was totally ready to give up season tickets right before he got hired. The 4-7 season pretty much broke us as fans and 25 years in the stands for every home game was about enough. But I says, well let's just wait and see what the new coach brings. We sat here through 7 straight years of pure hell, it would be a shame to give up touchdown terrace right when the team turns things around and is winning again. Now here we are.

I've seen the worst, my parents tell me of the times back in the 70's and 80's when you could lay down on the bleachers there were so many empty seats and that the team would just be going backwards most of the time. I can stomach a few more years now that they are good. I know when to enjoy what we have because the alternative could be us turning into a dumpster fire like Tennessee.

Was totally ready to give up season tickets right before he got hired. The 4-7 season pretty much broke us as fans and 25 years in the stands for every home game was about enough. But I says, well let's just wait and see what the new coach brings. We sat here through 7 straight years of pure hell, it would be a shame to give up touchdown terrace right when the team turns things around and is winning again. Now here we are.

I've seen the worst, my parents tell me of the times back in the 70's and 80's when you could lay down on the bleachers there were so many empty seats and that the team would just be going backwards most of the time. I can stomach a few more years now that they are good. I know when to enjoy what we have because the alternative could be us turning into a dumpster fire like Tennessee.
Good post

Under the 'This-That-and the Other' Heading... ;)

The Big 3 in the Orange Bowl.

~ RB Lamical Perine 3 TD's, 2 rushing (61/10), 1 receiving (16), Bowl MVP.
~ K Evan McPherson 3 FG's, 23-49-42
~ Gator Defense 3 Sacks, Miller-Shuler-Greenard
Bonus 3:
~ Fr CB Kaiir Elam's interception at the 3 yard line stopping a Va drive.

==========

Perine 13 for 138 Yds, 10.6 YPC, 2 TD's, L-61
Rec 5 for 43 yds, 8.6 Yds/Rec, 1 TD.
Combined - 181 Yds, 3 TD's.
Only 2 UF players have a TD rushing and receiving in bowl games; Perine & Harvin.
Perine's TD run was his 4th run of 60+ yards this season. :eek:

Trask - 24 of 38, 61.5% for 305 Yds, 1 TD, 1 Int, 1 sack, L-53,
Rushing - 8 for 43 Yds, 5.4 YPC, 1 TD, L-16.
Gator's Total Offense was 549 yds, 305 Passing - 244 Rushing.
https://247sports.com/college/flori...f-Kyle-Trask-for-UF-in-Orange-Bowl-141369505/

Jefferson - 6 for 129 Yds, 21.5 Yds/Rec, L-53.
Cleveland-Pitts-Swain had 3 Rec's each.

Team Rushing - 34 for 244 Yds, 7.2 YPC, so I guess they can run the ball occasionally...
Emory Jones chipped in 4 runs for 32 Yds, 8.0 YPC
Note: VA QB-dt finished the game with 24 Yds on 14 carries, 1.7 YPC.(700+ season)

In DC Grantham's defense this season:
27 different Gator's had a TFL
18 different Gators had a sack.
18 different Gators has a P-BU
7 different Gator's had an INT.
7 different Gator's had a FR.
You know, there just might be good reasons for why the defensive recruiting has gone so well lately.... o_O

==========

This sums up what I've been thinking for more than a month now.
https://247sports.com/college/florida/Article/Three-Gators-not-ready-to-make-NFL-decision-141352676

From the very Git-Go, I've liked all of them, and they seem to have panned out as solid gold for the Gators:
QB Kyle Trask
RB Lamical Perine
-----
Co-OC/WR Billy Gonzales
Co-OC/OL John Hevesy
AC/CB Torrian Gray
DC Todd Grantham
HC Dan Mullen

Me liking them doesn't mean a thing, nor does it impact their own performance in any way. They'd still be rock solid if I didn't exist.... :cool:

Gotta disagree on the "laying down in the bleachers" comment. We had, what, a 25 year sellout streak during that period? Plus, I went to UF during the 80's (the username is a clue there) and I remember a lot of games where we were squished in like sardines, and none where there were significant empty seats, not even up in the nosebleeds. This ain't Miami.

He needs a MASSIVE raise and an extension

if he’s not a top 3 paid coach in the SEC something is bad wrong
I hope he gets a Malzahn like raise and extension. When does the pressure to win a big game start to mount? This year your biggest win was against a 4 loss Auburn. Every other team you beat lost at least 5 games.

I hope he gets a Malzahn like raise and extension. When does the pressure to win a big game start to mount? This year your biggest win was against a 4 loss Auburn. Every other team you beat lost at least 5 games.
This isn’t a smack talking board. We know your schools inability to win a national title is tough to swallow. I suggest you find a team to talk too that you maybe have more trophies in the trophy case then. Maybe GT??

Reactions: rdgtr
This isn’t a smack talking board. We know your schools inability to win a national title is tough to swallow. I suggest you find a team to talk too that you maybe have more trophies in the trophy case then. Maybe GT??
Georgia Tech has more national titles, a more recent national title, and more prestigious coaches in their history. John Heisman & Bobby Dodd vs Vince Dooley.

Georgia Tech has more national titles, a more recent national title, and more prestigious coaches in their history. John Heisman & Bobby Dodd vs Vince Dooley.
Ok! Sucks for UGA. Then I don’t know who they can talk trash too then. I guess South Carolina.

Reactions: fsumc

The Gators two losses were by 21 combined points in away games vs 11+ win Top 5 ranked opponents.

Teams UGly beat in 2019:
3-9 Vandy
4-8 Murray St
8-5 Ark St
7-5 TN
4-8 SCa - Oops,,, sorry, but you lost at home to them....
8-5 UK
6-6 Mizz
3-9 GaT

Only 3 of those 8 teams even finished with a winning record.
=====

Dan took over a 4-7 loser 'cluster' team and he's lost 5 games in 2 Yr's.

Your 4th & Dumb took over a 10-3 stable team and lost 7 games in 2 Yrs.

Evidently 5 stars and Top 3 recruiting classes won't save a 4th & Dumb HC, unless he's in Athens where they are used to not winning a NC in the last 4 decades.... :cool:

When you are a fraud like Malzhan, pretty quickly. When you are the real deal, like Mullen, no worries. For us, anyway. If you want to worry, that's your call.

But he doesn't need a "huge raise and extension" like some posters have said. We brought him in at 6 million plus bonuses. He needs to win a natty to get a raise from that. An extension, of course, would be fine.

LOL... except for the smack talking by most everyone, including yourself. I have no problem talking to our biggest rival who we've beaten more than we've lost to and who we're in a better position currently as a program. Besides, what's the point of talking after a championship? Anyone can do that. It's better to talk during the chase (even though we're not chasing our first) and then you enjoy it or you eat your crow. Yes, I'm tired of crow but I'm no fair weather fan... like most on here aren't fair weather fans. I love my team just as you love yours. I respect everyone's love and loyalty to their respective team/university and the discussions it creates.
We'll win our fourth in a row in JAX and we'll win another national championship before you win another one. I'll be here either way to eat crow or congratulate someone.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
LOL... except for the smack talking by most everyone, including yourself. I have no problem talking to our biggest rival who we've beaten more than we've lost to and who we're in a better position currently as a program. Besides, what's the point of talking after a championship? Anyone can do that. It's better to talk during the chase (even though we're not chasing our first) and then you enjoy it or you eat your crow. Yes, I'm tired of crow but I'm no fair weather fan... like most on here aren't fair weather fans. I love my team just as you love yours. I respect everyone's love and loyalty to their respective team/university and the discussions it creates.
We'll win our fourth in a row in JAX and we'll win another national championship before you win another one. I'll be here either way to eat crow or congratulate someone.
Ummm this is a UF board. Did you forget where you are at? Maybe you should smack talk on your board?

I”ll post a board rule from way before my time as a moderator.
“Rivals, remember you're a guest in our house.” See board rules at the top of the page if you need clarity.

The Gators two losses were by 21 combined points in away games vs 11+ win Top 5 ranked opponents.

Teams UGly beat in 2019:
3-9 Vandy
4-8 Murray St
8-5 Ark St
7-5 TN
4-8 SCa - Oops,,, sorry, but you lost at home to them....
8-5 UK
6-6 Mizz
3-9 GaT

Only 3 of those 8 teams even finished with a winning record.
=====

Dan took over a 4-7 loser 'cluster' team and he's lost 5 games in 2 Yr's.

Your 4th & Dumb took over a 10-3 stable team and lost 7 games in 2 Yrs.

Evidently 5 stars and Top 3 recruiting classes won't save a 4th & Dumb HC, unless he's in Athens where they are used to not winning a NC in the last 4 decades.... :cool:
Our guy owns your guy. Our guy is 8-4 against top 10 teams. Your guy hasn't won a big game. Your guy can't recruit at our guy's level. Again, you had a nice season... a good season, but you only beat one team with less than 5 losses (and that was a 4 loss team). I'm glad you're happy with your guy. We're happy with ours. See you on Halloween.

I think this has gone on a bit at times as well?

No unwelcome harassment of Gator posters.

I bad mouthed someone? Seriously? Pointing out records is bad mouthing? Heck, I said you had a good season and I hope he gets an extension.
So now you think you are trying to be funny?? You saying you hope he gets an extension like Malzahn? Do you think we are all just dumb here and don’t see through that?

Wow!! You are real real close now. You basically just tried to insult my intelligence and everybody else’s on the board with that comment.

Your nuttlickers only have the W/L over UF when counting the dirt road, horse and buggy, leather helmet, great-granddaddy days.
Since 1950, 7 decades ago, our Gator's have the W/L over your legghumpers.

I understand your fans hanging on to the deep past, as it's about all you've got now days to hang your hat on.Heck, even the neutered lame (ND-88) and tennis-sea (98) has-beens have won one more recently than your buttsniffers have.

As to the National Championships, it much the same on the timing.

UGly 1980 -- plus 1 if you count 1942...:rolleyes:

Florida 1996-2006-2008 --- plus 1 if you count 1984... o_O

Your GOB's better start their 'buy the officials' fund today, IF you want to get 'fake news' credit for another win vs UF in 2020.... :cool:

UF 17 - 14 UGly + 10 Officials

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT