ADVERTISEMENT

Could ex-LSU QB Brandon Harris be headed to Florida?

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
http://gridironnow.com/could-ex-lsu-qb-brandon-harris-headed-florida-texas-am/

John David Mercer/USA TODAY Sports
Former LSU quarterback Brandon Harris is exploring transfer options, and his comments indicate that Florida or Texas A&M could be potential destinations. Harris appeared on “Off the Bench” on 104.5 FM ESPN in Baton Rouge on Friday.

“Yeah, I’ve talked to a couple schools in the SEC about different opportunities, and obviously these are bridge situations where you are going in because they don’t have a quarterback that is necessarily ready to play,” Harris told the station. “They may be in a situation where they just lost a senior and they got two freshmen that are not necessarily ready to play, or it could be a situation where they don’t feel they have a quarterback on the roster.”

Florida and Texas A&M lost senior starters Austin Appleby and Trevor Knight, respectively.

Florida has two redshirt freshman competing for the starting job this spring in Feleipe Franks and Kyle Trask. The Aggies have redshirt freshman Nick Starkel and true freshman Kellen Mond, an early enrollee, competing with senior Jake Hubenak.

Harris announced his decision to transfer from LSU on Feb. 13. He has one year of eligibility remaining.
-------------------------------------------------------

:eek:

Former LSU quarterback Brandon Harris is exploring transfer options, and his comments indicate that Florida or Texas A&M could be potential destinations. Harris appeared on “Off the Bench” on 104.5 FM ESPN in Baton Rouge on Friday.

“Yeah, I’ve talked to a couple schools in the SEC about different opportunities, and obviously these are bridge situations where you are going in because they don’t have a quarterback that is necessarily ready to play,” Harris told the station. “They may be in a situation where they just lost a senior and they got two freshmen that are not necessarily ready to play, or it could be a situation where they don’t feel they have a quarterback on the roster.”

Florida and Texas A&M lost senior starters Austin Appleby and Trevor Knight, respectively.

Florida has two redshirt freshman competing for the starting job this spring in Feleipe Franks and Kyle Trask. The Aggies have redshirt freshman Nick Starkel and true freshman Kellen Mond, an early enrollee, competing with senior Jake Hubenak.

Harris announced his decision to transfer from LSU on Feb. 13. He has one year of eligibility remaining.

I doubt LSU would let him transfer to a team they play every year.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

Another potential QB transfer to help out.

Coaches do too and they move all over the place. There was talk of our former coach stealing our signals during the first half of the NC vs Auburn.

Coach movement can't be controlled. Player movement can, to an extent.

Is UF parting ways with Del Rio? Yeah the other qbs are young, but would Harris just be an insurance policy for injury? You'd think Luke of the River would be that guy after rehab.

JMOHO

? 1-2 Trask rsFr - EE
? 1-2 Franks rsFr - EE
3 LDR - experienced & knowledgeable backup, future coach
4. Toney Fr - EE (QB-WR-RB)
5. Allen - a likely red shirt

More xfer in QB's --- been there, done that, not again...o_O

Is UF parting ways with Del Rio? Yeah the other qbs are young, but would Harris just be an insurance policy for injury? You'd think Luke of the River would be that guy after rehab.

I honestly think Mac is telling these grad transfers that they have a good chance to start. I think Franks is scaring them in practice and they don't know how Trask would play in real game conditions.

If it does end up being Harris or that ND QB or even LDR I don't know what I will do.

I honestly think Mac is telling these grad transfers that they have a good chance to start. I think Franks is scaring them in practice and they don't know how Trask would play in real game conditions.

If it does end up being Harris or that ND QB or even LDR I don't know what I will do.
It is disheartening to think that the qb spot is that uncertain. Man UF needs some consistency.

Reactions: Gator Fever

If any of these QB's came they aren't coming for an insurance policy. The reason they're transferring from where they're at is so they can start. So most likely they're going to get that promise from a staff before they transfer there. I highly doubt they're gonna go somewhere and voluntarily ride the bench.

Reactions: Gator Fever
If any of these QB's came they aren't coming for an insurance policy. The reason they're transferring from where they're at is so they can start. So most likely they're going to get that promise from a staff before they transfer there. I highly doubt they're gonna go somewhere and voluntarily ride the bench.
Well...the current UF staff has shown they will start transfers...and there really does not appear to be a solution on roster. Until those things change, UF will continue to be a refuge for the poor...the tired....the huddled masses.

Selling Short.... Trask rsFr EE - Franks rsFr EE - Toney Fr EE - Allen Fr

I have no doubt that one or more of those 4 can and will get it done in 2017.

There will always be a few nay-sayers on this board, but looking at their Right/Wrong histories, I feel safe in ignoring their whining and sniveling. As to the usual rival ho-dogs, they can be totally ignored when it comes to their always negative opinions. :confused:

The general 'stupidity' of the negative QB comments is readily apparent by the fact that they haven't even waited for the O&B game to be played, before they begin with their usual off-season negative chit... o_O

It's my own opinion that after the O&B game is played, all of the bs talk of bringing in yet another xfer QB will suddenly and completely disappear.
:cool:

Reactions: jaytor
While your kinds of posts are almost usually pretty weak, and virtually always very boring...... zzzzzzzzzz

Well...the current UF staff has shown they will start transfers...and there really does not appear to be a solution on roster. Until those things change, UF will continue to be a refuge for the poor...the tired....the huddled masses.
Grad transfers or young transfers

Grad transfers..
How have they really shown that? Appleby never beat out LDR when he was healthy. Sure App beat out some true frosh but never LDR.

After Grier got suspended and Treon played terribly, the Vandy guy never started and played like one snap.

So when healthy I really don't see the truth in that statement.

As far as other position transfers, I don't see UF doing anything different than every other school.

Grad transfers or young transfers

Grad transfers..
How have they really shown that? Appleby never beat out LDR when he was healthy. Sure App beat out some true frosh but never LDR.

After Grier got suspended and Treon played terribly, the Vandy guy never started and played like one snap.

So when healthy I really don't see the truth in that statement.

As far as other position transfers, I don't see UF doing anything different than every other school.

Appleby was better than LDR imo. At least half his picks were crazy stuff and you could see LDR had no arm right off the bat. I remember people watching live saying we would be in trouble in SEC play with LDR.

Please try to stay on topic and avoid the hurtful and uncalled for, off-topic personal attacks.

You get exactly what you deserve from me. If you don't like it, then don't comment on my posts with your usual stalker chit,,, otherwise, you can just bite-me... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT