ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Playoff...

Bama has pretty much ruined college football IMO. I wonder if even Saban gets bored. I guess he doesn’t.

it really is amazing

In recent history a few teams have had extended runs being a title contender every year

Miami 1980s to early 1990s
USC from 2002 through about 2009
FSU was really good from 1987 through 2000 although Miami kept them from being near a title mist of those years
But now Alabama is running from 2008 through 2020
Only in 2010 were they not a title contender going into their last game of the year. Gators knocked them out in SEC title game in 2008. Auburn beat them and knocked them out in 2013 and 2019. Otherwise they have been in position to win a national title in 9/13 years.

Plenty of other great extended runs by other schools but not sure anyone can replicate this

it really is amazing

In recent history a few teams have had extended runs being a title contender every year

FSU was really good from 1987 through 2000 although Miami kept them from being near a title mist of those years
Only in 2010 were they not a title contender going into their last game of the year. Gators knocked them out in SEC title game in 2008. Auburn beat them and knocked them out in 2013 and 2019. Otherwise they have been in position to win a national title in 9/13 years.

Plenty of other great extended runs by other schools but not sure anyone can replicate this

I wonder how FSU would have fared if they had a 4 team playoff as they seemed like they would have been in almost all those years. It would have gave them 2nd chances against Miami where they were losing on missed FGs. Good thing the system was different back then I guess even though we probably are in a 4 team playoff in 1991 and 1994 in addition to 1995 and 1996.

Reactions: goldmom
They probably felt disrespected with the coach voting them so low. The main difference to me appeared to be in the trenches as it looked like OSU was easily in control there. I doubt Bama will be able to out physical them much.
Bama has too many weapons. Pick your poison. Try stuffing the run and D smith burns you. Play the pass and they gash you with the run.

it really is amazing

It is remarkable what Saban has done there. This could be the Dolphins we’re talking about had the dummy owners let him run the team. He wanted Drew Brees and they wanted Dante Culpepper. How’d that work out?

Reactions: gatordad3
Bama has too many weapons. Pick your poison. Try stuffing the run and D smith burns you. Play the pass and they gash you with the run.

Yep OSU will have to match some offense but they should be able to run the ball unlike the Gators. Just have to limit those deep passes a little.

I dont want to hear anything about A&M should have been in the final 4. They are struggling with the 13th ranked team in the country that has 3 players not playing that accounted for 30 td's.

I dont want to hear anything about A&M should have been in the final 4. They are struggling with the 13th ranked team in the country that has 3 players not playing that accounted for 30 td's.
Just another reason we really shouldn’t extend the playoffs beyond 4 teams. I mean lately it has just been Bama, Clemson & Ohio St and throw some 4th team in there (LSU, etc). And then on top of that the majority of the playoff games aren’t even competitive. I’ll say it again. Bama IMO has kind of ruined college football basically because of how dominant they have been.

Just another reason we really shouldn’t extend the playoffs beyond 4 teams. I mean lately it has just been Bama, Clemson & Ohio St and throw some 4th team in there (LSU, etc). And then on top of that the majority of the playoff games aren’t even competitive. I’ll say it again. Bama IMO has kind of ruined college football basically because of how dominant they have been.

you can't blame just Bama. If it were just them, that would be one thing. But Clemson has dominated the ACC and Ohio State has dominated the Big10. The other power 5s have turnover and no one can take a firm grasp of them (Oklahoma would be the closest).

it is what it is.

the only change I want to see (before they move to8 teams) is get rid of this ridiculous committee and simply use the BCS formula to decide the top 4.
It's baffling to me that we approach it this way.

it's like they said "people hate the bcs! Let's destroy everything about it!"

no, people just didn't like it only being 2 teams. Sure, some people bitched about computers (which is crazy) but the whole reason we got to the BCS system was BECAUSE people were sick of, what was basically a committee of people (different polls) deciding who the national champ was.

you can't blame just Bama. If it were just them, that would be one thing. But Clemson has dominated the ACC and Ohio State has dominated the Big10. The other power 5s have turnover and no one can take a firm grasp of them (Oklahoma would be the closest).

it is what it is.

the only change I want to see (before they move to8 teams) is get rid of this ridiculous committee and simply use the BCS formula to decide the top 4.

no, people just didn't like it only being 2 teams. Sure, some people bitched about computers (which is crazy) but the whole reason we got to the BCS system was BECAUSE people were sick of, what was basically a committee of people (different polls) deciding who the national champ was.
I would say it is just them (Bama) though. While Clemson and Ohio St have certainly done very well it still doesn’t stack up to what Bama has done under Saban. I’m surprised the guy isn’t bored.

it is what it is.

You're exactly right. If you go visit some of the Big Ten boards, a lot of them are pulling for Alabama because they HATE OSU who's completely dominated that conference for 20 years now. Upon visiting this board, I see a ton of hate for Alabama. Guess it just depends on what part of the country your from.

I will say this, I think OSU has a legit shot at Alabama. If I was betting ? Probably go with Alabama but it wouldn't surprise me at all if OSU won it. They're sort of like Alabama - part 2 - in the sense that over the course of a game they just rotate so many players in and out that it just wears the other team out. I will say though, after watching Bama a few games this year, I'm pretty sure OSU can run on them. On the other hand, I'm not sure that OSU can stop Alabama especially if DEs Harrison and Friday are still out like they were for Clemson. Not sure if it was for Covid or what as OSU doesn't release that king of info. That game is going to be a war. Better have some stretchers ready'

My prediction: Alabama 48, OSU 45. It's going to be a shootout

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT