ADVERTISEMENT

College football playoff games...

Probably. But weird things happen. TCU has the best QB in the country. UGA's secondary is suspect to say the least.
TCU has the best QB in the country?? He didn’t even complete 50% of his passes today or in the Big 12 champ game. He’s a good QB but he’s nowhere near as good as a Caleb Williams or CJ Stroud. Sonny Dykes is a very good offensive coach though.

Probably. But weird things happen. TCU has the best QB in the country. UGA's secondary is suspect to say the least.
You can say it. It sucks. Granted there was not much pressure on Stroud a lot
Of the time but Ringo is a huge liability. He gets smoked regularly.

lol...........the way our season went down..........do you think Napier would have kept that final time out in his pocket? 😂
No idea. I didn’t like many of the play calls in the 4th quarter from Day. Totally went away a bit from what was working in the passing game. Started to try and get a little too cute with misdirection stuff that wasn’t necessary and certainly didn’t do a good job of trying to help out his own kicker by not trying to get closer. Those last 3-4 play calls were mind boggling to me.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
I loathe both these teams. However, the proof is in the pudding. Stetson Bennett is just a game manager playing along side superstars. If he gets drafted higher than the 6th round I'll be shocked.
Navigator,

sort of like that pitiful QB the Patriots got from Michigan in the 6th round - Tom - what's his name ?

Agree with your analysis of Bennet; he was held to 398 yds & 3 TDs with 1 Int; no talent & really, not even a good game manager; they barely won the game.

Georgia is a 13 point favorite over TCU
Tebow,

As you pointed out numerous times - TCU doesn't deserve to be in the CFP; they obviously aren't good enough - they won't win the semifinal game & can't be expected to win the title; so they don't deserve to be there - obviously, Bama should have gotten in.

2 B1G teams in; 2 out - problem solved.

Navigator,

sort of like that pitiful QB the Patriots got from Michigan in the 6th round - Tom - what's his name ?

Agree with your analysis of Bennet; he was held to 398 yds & 3 TDs with 1 Int; no talent & really, not even a good game manager; they barely won the game.

I don't see him like that at all. While watching Brady you had no idea he would be as good as he was in the NFL but Bennett just screams someone who wont excel in the NFL with the talent being leveled out.

I don't see him like that at all. While watching Brady you had no idea he would be as good as he was in the NFL but Bennett just screams someone who wont excel in the NFL with the talent being leveled out.
Fever,

I'm not an NFL Scout, so I wouldn't know.

All he managed to do last night - when his defense couldn't cover anybody - was to throw for 398 yds & 3 TDs (1 INT) & outscore an obviously half-ass B1G team that didn't deserve to be invited to the CFP - everybody knows it should have been Bama.

EDIT

Fever,

who would you rather have had at QB1 for the Gators - AR or Stetson Bennett ?

Would we have won more games with Bennett at QB ?
VANDY, KY, LSU, & maybe FSU ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicktheslick
Fever,

I'm not an NFL Scout, so I wouldn't know.

All he managed to do last night - when his defense couldn't cover anybody - was to throw for 398 yds & 3 TDs (1 INT) & outscore an obviously half-ass B1G team that didn't deserve to be invited to the CFP - everybody knows it should have been Bama.

EDIT

Fever,

who would you rather have had at QB1 for the Gators - AR or Stetson Bennett ?

Would we have won more games with Bennett at QB ?

Yep the defenses were pretty bad that game but I feel pretty confident Bennett would get killed if he played on a team with say our offense and weapons this past season. I think it's only due to being on Georgia that he is doing good.

Stetson Bennett seems to be doing pretty good at proving people wrong or overcoming obstacles as he is a walk-on QB and his a starting QB over multiple 4 & 5 star players that have been recruited at his position and they didn’t beat him out. That doesn’t happen very often for sure.

As for the NFL he doesn’t have the typical intangibles that NFL teams look for in that he’s not very tall or very big. I think he’s 5’11. He’s also 25 yrs old which I will assume will be used against him as well. He certainly isn’t going to be drafted in the first few rounds but beyond that I have no idea about is draft projections, etc.

Yep the defenses were pretty bad that game but I feel pretty confident Bennett would get killed if he played on a team with say our offense and weapons this past season. I think it's only due to being on Georgia that he is doing good.
Fever,

This year's Gator team was pitiful.

So let's state the OBVIOUS -

EVERY QB needs a Good / Great team around him in order to excel !

AR, with much more physical talent but way less QB Smarts, didn't accomplish anything & Bennett would not have taken the 2022 Gators to the CFP -
Gators weren't GOOD ENOUGH - UMMM - SET THE EDGE ON DEFENSE ANYONE; or even learn to spell defense ?

Tim Tebow or Spurrier couldn't have done it either !

Pretty much like saying that Tom Brady would not have won 7 SB Rings with the then Tampa Bay Bucs.

Last edited:
Fever,

This year's Gator team was pitiful.

So let's state the OBVIOUS -

EVERY QB needs a Good / Great team around him in order to excel !

AR, with much more physical talent but way less QB Smarts, didn't accomplish anything & Bennett would not have taken the 2022 Gators to the CFP -
Gators weren't GOOD ENOUGH - UMMM - SET THE EDGE ON DEFENSE ANYONE; or even learn to spell defense ?

Tim Tebow or Spurrier couldn't have done it either !

Pretty much like saying that Tom Brady would not have won 7 SB Rings with the then Tampa Bay Bucs.

No in the NFL and college (especially the NFL) a QB can make a big difference. The NFL requiring certain passing skills more than college. Bennett looks to me like a few years as a backup type in the NFL. That GA team would be a lot more deadly on offense with a Bryce Young etc type there. A truly good college QB could have made this Gators team have 2 or 3 more wins but with Bennett I doubt we would have been better than 7-5. If Bennett is on TCU they dont just have one OT loss prior to the playoffs imo.

Man Ryan day is GOING for it lol dude is being ultra aggressive and emptying his gun. Love to see that. He's playing to win and instead of playing not to lose.
This post did not age well…. Day blew it at the end…..the officials didn’t help matters.

Reactions: PacoGator19
No in the NFL and college (especially the NFL) a QB can make a big difference. The NFL requiring certain passing skills more than college. Bennett looks to me like a few years as a backup type in the NFL - like Spurrier & Wuerffel & Tebow - Right ?

That GA team would be a lot more deadly on offense with a Bryce Young etc type there. A truly good college QB could have made this Gators team have 2 or 3 more wins but with Bennett I doubt we would have been better than 7-5. If Bennett is on TCU they dont just have one OT loss prior to the playoffs imo.
Fever,

Even though I lack your ability to predict a player's NFL Career, as so often happens on this board, we agree -
with Bennett at QB1, Gators would have had a better record (Bill Parcells - you are what your record says you are) & been a better team -
even though
AR almost won the Heisman Trophy & will be a top 5 - 1st Round NFL pick.

While lowly Stetson Bennett was only a Heisman Finalist & is unlikely to even be a 3rd round pick.

As a consolation prize, Bennett will just have to live with going
15-0 & being the starting QB on Back-to-Back National Championship teams.
Damn !
He deserves to eat AR's dust !

Last edited:
Fever,

Even though I lack your ability to predict a player's NFL Career, as so often happens on this board, we agree -
with Bennett at QB1, Gators would have had a better record (Bill Parcells - you are what your record says you are) & been a better team -
even though
AR almost won the Heisman Trophy & will be a top 5 - 1st Round NFL pick.

While lowly Stetson Bennett was only a Heisman Finalist & is unlikely to even be a 3rd round pick.

As a consolation prize, Bennett will just have to live with going
15-0 & being the starting QB on Back-to-Back National Championship teams.
Damn !
He deserves to eat AR's dust !

AR wasn't a good college QB except the few times he weaponized his running abity. The NFL is drafting him on physical traits. Just my opinion but Bennett wouldn't elevate an average team much at all. He is blessed GA has that insane running ability and TEs etc. I think someone like Young or OSUs QB would be almost unbeatable with Georgia with no close games.

Ryan Day relinquishing play calling duties
Paco,

Did you say Ryan Napier was relinquishing the OC (& QBC) responsibilities ?

"Ryan Napier mentioned in our production meetings he's going to stop calling plays next year because he needs to become more of a manager as a head coach,"

Awesome !

Last edited:
Stetson Bennett seems to be doing pretty good at proving people wrong or overcoming obstacles as he is a walk-on QB and his a starting QB over multiple 4 & 5 star players that have been recruited at his position and they didn’t beat him out. That doesn’t happen very often for sure.

As for the NFL he doesn’t have the typical intangibles that NFL teams look for in that he’s not very tall or very big. I think he’s 5’11. He’s also 25 yrs old which I will assume will be used against him as well. He certainly isn’t going to be drafted in the first few rounds but beyond that I have no idea about is draft projections, etc.
I don't hate the guy, just don't think he's NFL talent. Take away that offensive line and running backs and it's all a mirage. All you have to do is look back to when Kerwin Bell was a walk on at UF and was what, 4th string before attrition made him a starter? The 84/85 UF offense was stacked with talent and quite possibly the best offensive line ever assembled in Gainesville. The talent around him put him a position to succeed and he damned sure did that. Probation handcuffed him and the entire squad his junior and senior year and didn't have any of that anymore and receivers that couldn't catch a cold. (other than Rickey the Rocket).His experience helped keep UF from getting killed his last two seasons but suddenly he became quite human. Still will never forget the win against Auburn when he came in the game in the 3rd qtr with a bum knee and personally willed the Gators to a come from behind win after being down 17-0.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I don't hate the guy, just don't think he's NFL talent. Take away that offensive line and running backs and it's all a mirage. All you have to do is look back to when Kerwin Bell was a walk on at UF and was what, 4th string before attrition made him a starter? The 84/85 UF offense was stacked with talent and quite possibly the best offensive line ever assembled in Gainesville. The talent around him put him a position to succeed and he damned sure did that. Probation handcuffed him and the entire squad his junior and senior year and didn't have any of that anymore and receivers that couldn't catch a cold. (other than Rickey the Rocket).His experience helped keep UF from getting killed his last two seasons but suddenly he became quite human. Still will never forget the win against Auburn when he came in the game in the 3rd qtr with a bum knee and personally willed the Gators to a come from behind win after being down 17-0.
Kerwin Bell was no scrub. The guy played professional football for quite a few years. I’d say he did alright for himself coming from just being a walk-on at UF.

That Auburn game is one of the best UF games of all time played in the Swamp.

Reactions: NavigatorII
So the ACC was tied for 2nd best (5-4) out of 11 conferences with the SEC being first. ...like I said in, the ACC was average which is a far cry from "pathetic".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT