ADVERTISEMENT

Change is coming to the Gator's offense

Gators 2021 QB Competition -- QB-dt Jones 1a vs QB-dt Richardson 1b

The iG sees this as both playing in games 1&2, then the most productive starting vs UA, but the non-starter still getting some plays or a change-up kind of package.

Just my own WAG, but I'm thinking it will be Jones, mostly decided by his longer time in Dan's offense.

That said, I still wouldn't be shocked if it's Richardson,,, so may the best QB start vs UA.
Having a new QB coach makes my W-a-G that much more of a question mark???

Outside chance. If it's Jones at QB, will Richardson see some time at WR?
Richardson has WR/TE skills, but would Dan risk his 1b QB at WR?

Jones Gator Highlights

Richardson HS Highlights 2016, QB & WR

Richardson vs Oklahoma

While nothing is impossible, I would be shocked if Del Rio/Wilson or Kitna made a serious run at being the starter....

@LizardGrad89
i aint know what to thank bout dis article bo. who gona replace toney?
is you thanking like me or what?
im expecting big thangs from mullen
is we expecting to play the best?

Reactions: sadgator
Gators 2021 QB Competition -- QB-dt Jones 1a vs QB-dt Richardson 1b

The iG sees this as both playing in games 1&2, then the most productive starting vs UA, but the non-starter still getting some plays or a change-up kind of package.

Just my own WAG, but I'm thinking it will be Jones, mostly decided by his longer time in Dan's offense.

That said, I still wouldn't be shocked if it's Richardson,,, so may the best QB start vs UA.
Having a new QB coach makes my W-a-G that much more of a question mark???

Outside chance. If it's Jones at QB, will Richardson see some time at WR?
Richardson has WR/TE skills, but would Dan risk his 1b QB at WR?

Jones Gator Highlights

Richardson HS Highlights 2016, QB & WR

Richardson vs Oklahoma

While nothing is impossible, I would be shocked if Del Rio/Wilson or Kitna made a serious run at being the starter....

I think it would take Jones really struggling against Bama for Coach Mullen to consider any change. I doubt it matters what Richardson looks like compared to Jones in the first 2 games.

I don't understand, you're so well liked...
😴

=============

But speak of being a magnetic personality when responding to others Little Loopy Lizzy....

Hey, pass along a message to your wife from me:

"Koo-Koo-Ka-Choo"

She'll know what I mean.
😜

iG Messages = 16,916 -- Likes = 6,005

Reactions: nail1988
I think it would take Jones really struggling against Bama for Coach Mullen to consider any change. I doubt it matters what Richardson looks like compared to Jones in the first 2 games.

Dan says that he plays the one that gives the team the best chance to win.
Things were different when he first arrived and kept Franks as the starter.

I've already said that I believe that Jones will be the starter in 2021, but there is still the Fall practice and the 1st 2 games for that to be proven,,, or not.

And just to throw another off-season rock into the grinding wheels....
QB - 2021 C-DR-W

https://www.si.com/college/florida/recruiting/florida-gators-carlos-del-rio-siaa-profile-2021

Dan says that he plays the one that gives the team the best chance to win.
Things were different when he first arrived and kept Franks as the starter.

I've already said that I believe that Jones will be the starter in 2021, but there is still the Fall practice and the 1st 2 games for that to be proven,,, or not.

And just to throw another off-season rock into the grinding wheels....
QB - 2021 C-DR-W

https://www.si.com/college/florida/recruiting/florida-gators-carlos-del-rio-siaa-profile-2021

Dan isn't perfect. I highly doubt Franks was ever our best chance to win in that season Trask took over. I think Jones may turn out pretty good though.

Reactions: gatordad3
Four star Franks and 4 star Jones were/are both better QB's than 2 star Trask was ever going to be.
Just ask some here, and any of those genius star giving recruiting services....
😁

emory gonna lead da team? we all know change is needed in defense. i'm expecting big thangs to happen in da dome. hope the kid aint got no vanilla playbook

Grantham had a Top 10 defense his 1st 2 years at UF.
The scamdemic and McLame's leftovers killed the 3rd season defense.
JMOHO, but some of the secondary players, and the 2 coaches (now replaced) were just marking time and hurt the D's output.

5th year rsSr Trask's grad level play saved the offense from a similar fate.

Buy-in by the older guys, and coach-ability of the newer guys is the key for 2021 getting back to a Top 10 D. I believe that they are well on the way to it.

Dan's offense will be tailored to fit the QB's that he has on the roster.
Emory rsJr is now in his 4th season, so he should be well past vanilla.
Richardson rsFr is now in the 2nd season, and seems to be picking it up well.

Both or either can get the job done imo, and both will get their chance to lead the team. As always, may the best QB win the starting job. Emory is likely. I still see AR getting some packages to take advantage of his skill differences from EJ, and to prepare him for his eventual replacement of EJ.

I believe that the 4th year team building of Dan and Todd is well on it's way to bringing the Gators back to every year prominence, but we shall see....

• Wow
Reactions: Mr-Robinson
😴

=============

But speak of being a magnetic personality when responding to others Little Loopy Lizzy....

😜

It was a joke. Some people got it, some didn't, and that group includes you. Not surprised, I speak, and write, on a level beyond your comprehension.

😴

=============

😜

And yet, likes don't matter to you.

Tell me, did you recently have a birthday, or are you still a 12 year old girl?

A bit bored, so I'll feed the LLL troll, by shoving his own clueless VI idiocy down his throat yet again...

As to the Mike and Todd haters such as LLL,,, show me someone who says 'Something Must Be Done' and I will show you a head full of vicious intentions that have no other outlet. Liberals are usually the main focus of this attitude.

Their unconscious and unexamined prejudices behind the concept:
Only Liberals really think.
Only Liberals are intellectual.
Only Liberals understand the needs of their fellows.

Much viciousness and hate lays concealed in the word Liberal?

I heard at Shands that they attempted to do a brain scan on LLL, but all they found was an empty echo chamber...
😳

The prognosis was that he would have made a good astronaut, because all he ever did was to take up 'space' in school....
😜

So, what's most important to LLL in life? His CPA and not living in a trailer park. You know, the 'really important' stuff in life for the soulless dweebs who's motto is 'Look out for #1' and ignore all the rest....
There are the selfless and the selfish, and it's not difficult to determine which of those two fits LLL's choices in life.

I wouldn't spend any of my time with a certain doctor here or this CPA, even if invited for a free dinner out at Spurrier's new place....
Why? Whenever possible.... "Never be in the company of those that you wouldn't want to die with."

A bit bored, so I'll feed the LLL troll, by shoving his own clueless VI idiocy down his throat yet again...

As to the Mike and Todd haters such as LLL,,, show me someone who says 'Something Must Be Done' and I will show you a head full of vicious intentions that have no other outlet. Liberals are usually the main focus of this attitude.

Their unconscious and unexamined prejudices behind the concept:
Only Liberals really think.
Only Liberals are intellectual.
Only Liberals understand the needs of their fellows.

Much viciousness and hate lays concealed in the word Liberal?

I heard at Shands that they attempted to do a brain scan on LLL, but all they found was an empty echo chamber...
😳

The prognosis was that he would have made a good astronaut, because all he ever did was to take up 'space' in school....
😜

So, what's most important to LLL in life? His CPA and not living in a trailer park. You know, the 'really important' stuff in life for the soulless dweebs who's motto is 'Look out for #1' and ignore all the rest....
There are the selfless and the selfish, and it's not difficult to determine which of those two fits LLL's choices in life.

I wouldn't spend any of my time with a certain doctor here or this CPA, even if invited for a free dinner out at Spurrier's new place....
Why? Whenever possible.... "Never be in the company of those that you wouldn't want to die with."
What a rambling mess. When people ask me why I state that I am far smarter than you, I will point to this post as case in point.

My favorite part of this thread is I started getting butt-hurt over his lengthy analysis of the Gator QB situation and posting about how no one responded to him. Then, when I Fever responded to him about Emory and Richardson, insta wasted no time in bashing him for his opinion.

terribly likable fellow.

Reactions: Gator Fever
My favorite part of this thread is I started getting butt-hurt over his lengthy analysis of the Gator QB situation and posting about how no one responded to him. Then, when I Fever responded to him about Emory and Richardson, insta wasted no time in bashing him for his opinion.

terribly likable fellow.
Don't dare respond to him or, God forbid, counter any of his points. He only wants likes in response to his opinions. But,of course, likes don't matter.

And now that LLL has taken his bitch-slapin' yet again, back to the actual thread topic....
🤗

Dan doesn't have a 'set in concrete' run or pass more offence. The offense changing with a new starter at QB is usual for Dan and it's no big deal, as long as you have quality at QB with some quality game experience, which EJ has.

Yesterday at the SEC Media Daze....
"If you go back, even being a coordinator, you go back to the Alex Smiths and the Chris Leaks, through the Tebows, to Tyler Russell and Dak Prescott. There's been so many different variations," Mullen said inside the Wynfrey Hotel. "I think the key to it is, and one of the reasons we've been successful is, never trying to take a square peg and put it into a round hole. It's identifying what our guys do really well and build around the strengths of not just the quarterback, but the offense as a whole."

And now that LLL has taken his bitch-slapin' yet again, back to the actual thread topic....
🤗

Dan doesn't have a 'set in concrete' run or pass more offence. The offense changing with a new starter at QB is usual for Dan and it's no big deal, as long as you have quality at QB with some quality game experience, which EJ has.

"If you go back, even being a coordinator, you go back to the Alex Smiths and the Chris Leaks, through the Tebows, to Tyler Russell and Dak Prescott. There's been so many different variations," Mullen said inside the Wynfrey Hotel. "I think the key to it is, and one of the reasons we've been successful is, never trying to take a square peg and put it into a round hole. It's identifying what our guys do really well and build around the strengths of not just the quarterback, but the offense as a whole."

Love Dan’s process.

Reactions: instaGATOR
🤗

slapin?

I love how you tried to tell us you are an MIT grad. You couldn't get into the 8th grade with your grammatical skills.

slapin?

I love how you tried to tell us you are an MIT grad. You couldn't get into the 8th grade with your grammatical skills.
Pants on fire yet again. I've never claimed to be an MIT grad.

But you've again lived down to your typical posting level... =
😴

Compliments to the Gators 1A & 1B dual threat QB's -- The Gator's 2021 RB Room: (7)

#26 RB Malik Davis 5-10 198 rsSr *** 4.49/40 (4.7 ypc) - Tampa, FL
(under-rated, broke CU's RB Ray-Ray McCloud's HS records, (Dabo tried to flip him)

#8 RB Dameon Pierce 5-10 212 Sr **** (4.7 ypc) - Bainbridge Ga (brokke H.Walker's GA HS records)

#2 RB Lorenzo Lingard 6-0 206 rsJr ***** 10.70 100M - Orange City, FL (xfer from Mia)

#16 RB Nay'Quan Wright 5-9 197 rsSo **** (3.9 ypc, excellent receiver) - Miami

#1 RB Demarkcus Bowman 5-10 187 rsFr ***** 10.69 100M - Lakeland, FL (xfer from CU)
-----
Ath/RB Isaac Ricks 5-8 227 rsSr - Jacksonville, FL (WO - 2 for 13 yds, 6.5 ypc)
NR RB Carlson Joseph 5-10 191 *** rsFr - Pompano Beach, FL (WO Spring 21)
=====

Questions for the village idiot Dog Poker:
What does it say about the star ratings when Saban attempts to flip 3-star RB L.Perine (NFL) from UF?
What does it say about the star ratings when Dabo attempts to flip 3-star RB M.Davis away from UF?
What does it say about the star ratings when 2-star Trask is a Heisman Finalist, and then a 2nd Rnd draft pick of the 2020 Super Bowl winner.

Recruiting Service star ratings certainly have their limited place, and they make good off-season board fodder, but they are not the sharpest knife in the drawer. The top schools coaching staffs are,,, in most cases imo.

Pants on fire yet again. I've never claimed to be an MIT grad.

But you've again lived down to your typical posting level... =
😴
You haven't?

Then I certainly misread this post, where you talked about how well you did in school, and how using a slide rule was a full semester class at MIT. I read this as you went to MIT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT