ADVERTISEMENT

CEO says criticism of bonuses just as bad as lynchings

GatorTheo

Bull Gator
Apr 1, 2002
"....was intended to stir public anger, to get everybody out there with their pitch forks and their hangman nooses, and all that - sort of like what we did in the Deep South [decades ago]. And I think it was just as bad and just as wrong."

Hey, executives have to feed their families too.

CNN

It is usually ad hominem attacks delivered by people that don't know if the CEO made money for the company or not.

He's off when comparing it to lynchings, but its dumb debate nonetheless. The argument basically boils down to a few Americans are struggling, therefore they shouldn't get bonuses which is retarded.

What I find hilarious is you'll have guys who are CEO's of multi-BILLION dollar businesses making millions and being criticized for it. In comparison to what they bring in to their companies, they're making a penny. But everyone sees the million behind the dollar amount and goes apeshit.

When a non-shareholder has anything to say about compensation at a Company, it's similar to a neighbor that tells everyone else how to raise their kids. In other words, it's none of their business and they probably don't know what their talking about.

Originally posted by BringBackBonner:
When a non-shareholder has anything to say about compensation at a Company, it's similar to a neighbor that tells everyone else how to raise their kids. In other words, it's none of their business and they probably don't know what their talking about.
All they know is someone is getting more than them and it isn't fair. Waaaaah

The story wasn't about whether people have the right to complain about someone else's compensation....it was about a CEO complaining that people complaining about bonuses was as bad as lynchings.

Was he right? Was he an jackass for saying such a thing. Was he whining? Is it blasphemy to question what a CEO does?

Originally posted by GatorTheo:
The story wasn't about whether people have the right to complain about someone else's compensation....it was about a CEO complaining that people complaining about bonuses was as bad as lynchings.

Was he right? Was he an jackass for saying such a thing. Was he whining? Is it blasphemy to question what a CEO does?
It is whining to complain about what another man makes, period. go get yours. It is deffinitely agenda driven when the media fans the flames. Ironically no one is pissed that congressman get cadillac healthcare and 180k per year for life, and they get it for barely ever representing the best interest of their constituents, at least CEOs make the shareholders money when they are compensated in most cases.

Originally posted by BigOleNastyGator:

It is whining to complain about what another man makes, period. go get yours. It is deffinitely agenda driven when the media fans the flames. Ironically no one is pissed that congressman get cadillac healthcare and 180k per year for life, and they get it for barely ever representing the best interest of their constituents, at least CEOs make the shareholders money when they are compensated in most cases.
Well the next time someone whines about union compensation or minimum wage, I will expect you to straighten them out.
wink.r191677.gif

It's offensive as heck that congressmen exempt themselves from policies they shove on to others but it's no different than executives getting supersweet perks that their underlings don't enjoy. Greedy bastards are greedy bastards.

Well the next time someone whines about union compensation or minimum wage, I will expect you to straighten them out.
wink.r191677.gif

It's offensive as heck that congressmen exempt themselves from policies they shove on to others but it's no different than executives getting supersweet perks that their underlings don't enjoy. Greedy bastards are greedy bastards.
How in the world are those two even related?

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:

wink.r191677.gif

I think Bong is saying that the media picks on the CEOs but gives the congressmen a pass.

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:

wink.r191677.gif

I think Bong is saying that the media picks on the CEOs but gives the congressmen a pass.
Fact

wink.r191677.gif

As usual you're comparing apricots to oranges. I cannot avoid government no matter how hard I try. I can avoid certain corporations if I want to. I also don't work for every single corporation but the all powerful federal government is everywhere.

You're not very good at analologies.
This post was edited on 9/26 4:08 PM by BigOleNastyGator

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT