ADVERTISEMENT

Calling All Noles...

so after bashing Mullen’s .600 record at MSU, this will become the official “how Taggart’s career losing record is better” thread.

Meanwhile I will watch you all backpedal like a circus act
You baby, who's criticizing Mullen? Meanwhile "Kelly or bust" has turned into "we wanted Mullen all along."

Geez, Jimbo bailed QUICKLY...1 bad season, and CYA!!

Hopefully the 5 game skid against the nulls will end.

Reactions: mcanes

Michi-GatorBull Gator
Expand Collapse

Get Frost out of your head, it isn't happening. Willie Taggert is a coach who could be a lifer at UF, and worst case scenario, if he doesn't work out, he'd absolutely kill it in recruiting and leave the next coach with a full cupboard. He is the only coach out there right now that could salvage this recruiting class.

He's done a fine job at Oregon this season, all things considered. They were a train wreck, far off from their Mariota days, and he's got them headed in the right direction after his first season. More importantly, he actually has an idea on offense and knows the type of player to recruit here to be successful.

He's a sneaky good hire who I think could actually kill it at UF.
This is spot on, but don’t expect this board to support you, they are still delusional enough to think someone can win with our MAC level roster in the SEC. our next coach is set up to fail so you might as well hire the guy who can reload the roster. Unfortunately it sounds like UAA is hugely valuing experience in P5 so I am somewhat expecting Mullen.

Well WHO do the great and all powerful semi-noles on this board want for their next head coach? They think they are the cats meow apparently and that Jimbobby was due to leave anyways. Who is their choice to come in and fill the head clown's shoes?

Michi-GatorBull Gator
Expand Collapse

Get Frost out of your head, it isn't happening. Willie Taggert is a coach who could be a lifer at UF, and worst case scenario, if he doesn't work out, he'd absolutely kill it in recruiting and leave the next coach with a full cupboard. He is the only coach out there right now that could salvage this recruiting class.

He's done a fine job at Oregon this season, all things considered. They were a train wreck, far off from their Mariota days, and he's got them headed in the right direction after his first season. More importantly, he actually has an idea on offense and knows the type of player to recruit here to be successful.

He's a sneaky good hire who I think could actually kill it at UF.
This is spot on, but don’t expect this board to support you, they are still delusional enough to think someone can win with our MAC level roster in the SEC. our next coach is set up to fail so you might as well hire the guy who can reload the roster. Unfortunately it sounds like UAA is hugely valuing experience in P5 so I am somewhat expecting Mullen.

You can post everything I posted about Willie. Its all the same, we could have used him to reload our roster because Mac was that bad. Then I followed it with the idea that even if he bombed the next coach would have a loaded roster.

Difference being FSU just lost a Taggart clone.

AND, I have never posted anything derogatory about Mullen’s record

grommit, thank you for the 6 month hiatus. You get out for good behavior?
I left on my own accord due to the incredibly hostile political rhetoric that was filling this board back at the time. I wouldn't say I'm back. I'm just enjoying poking fun at the burning couches in the street.

So FSU will continue to recruit well and own the state for the most part. I'm cool with that most years.

Good luck with that. It looks like Mark Richt has finally found a way to put the UM train back on the tracks down in South Florida. If he gets that thing going next year as well, I don't think either of us are going to be getting much of the talent out of the butthole end of the state for a while. If Mullen can really kick the recruiting into high gear, and it seems like he's getting onto that properly right out of the gate, then FSU will need some serious help. Mullen has been at Florida before. He knows exactly what's required in this state to pull in the recruits and compete. McElwain couldn't seem to have cared less about recruiting when we look at his results, and even Muschamp really only excelled on the defensive side of things as he's a natural draw to defensive talent that wants to head to the NFL.

What FSU has going against it is the fact that UF now has a coach and he's on the road daily working on recruiting right now. UM has had it's coach for 2 seasons and he seems to be showing dividends there. FSU is the latercomer to this recruiting cycle. How many committed recruits will FSU lose in the next month or two because they were signing with Jimbob fisher and not so much with FSU.

Well WHO do the great and all powerful semi-noles on this board want for their next head coach? They think they are the cats meow apparently and that Jimbobby was due to leave anyways. Who is their choice to come in and fill the head clown's shoes?

Really? Gators said they had Chip and Frost....talk about the cats meow lol i honestly dont know who i would want. Not taggart i know that. Maybe we get Bill Belichek?

We'll see with Mullen...he's a good hire. I wanted Kelly/Frost for sure...anyone else is a step down to me .. I don't have a crystal ball though...Mullen checks a lot of boxes and he's coming in fired up...I like all of that. Mullen might end up being the best hire of any of those guys.

Reactions: 96FSU
How could you not want:

Willie Taggart - HC/OC
Mario Cristobal - O-line
Ron Duggans - Wide Receivers
Jim Leavitt - DC
Odell Haggins - Defensive Tackles

I dont think that staff will be here. Taggart has nvr won anything. He improved schools that had no where to go but up. He has nvr sustained success over a period of time.

I dont think that staff will be here. Taggart has nvr won anything. He improved schools that had no where to go but up. He has nvr sustained success over a period of time.
Neither had Dabo and look what he did with the right staff. He played cheerleader/CEO and families/recruits/boosters loved him. Players already love Taggart and want to play for him. He'll keep the talent train roll'n.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
Neither had Dabo and look what he did with the right staff. He played cheerleader/CEO and families/recruits/boosters loved him. Players already love Taggart and want to play for him. He'll keep the talent train roll'n.

Players love Taggart and he hasn’t been hired let alone met any players at the dumpster fire...the delusion continues

Go Canes!

Certainly not basing Mullen here. Shoot I thought he should have been the guy when McElwain was hired. That guy just looks like a Gator coach to me. Think he will do very well...

I think OP is confusing us noles for disappointed gator posters that were promised Chip Kelly.

This is such a ****ing weak ass argument.

Lets make an analogy. We asked the two smoking hot chicks to prom and now we are taking the cute girl. You didn’t even bother asking the smoking hot chicks and went straight formthe cute girl. If ypu are honest with yourself you would have contacted Frost if a few others whouldn’t have found out that he is headed to Nebraska.

For you to act like we somehow are on ‘choice three’ and you somehow landed your ‘choice one’ is just misleading and dishonest. You are just late to the party so you look like a hero hooking up with the chubby girl because all the good looking ones are already with someone

It's funny watching FSU fans act like Taggart is a home run hire. If that were true, wouldn't he have been snatched up by somebody before this? UF didn't even bother with him. UCLA, who is right up the road, never bothered with him. Nobody else in the coaching search even mentioned him (except maybe UT).

Here's an article from the Tampa Bay Times about it, and other than the writer sucking the FSU D in the beginning (how can you say FSU is not a job you leave for Texas A&M, WHEN THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT JUST HAPPENED? LULZ), it pretty much sums up the fact that he's a big risk. His entire resume is an 11-2 season at USF when they had a great QB. But then, isn't Jimbo's entire resume about how FSU did when they had a great QB? So I can see why FSU fans like him.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/Is-Willie-Taggart-really-ready-for-Florida-State_163153345

Players love Taggart and he hasn’t been hired let alone met any players at the dumpster fire...the delusion continues

Go Canes!
Actually, he met a lot of them when he was recruiting for USF...he is well liked in Florida.

You are correct, though, he has not been hired yet...but an offer has been extended. Sexton is the butt hole that will mess this thing up, I fear.

It's funny watching FSU fans act like Taggart is a home run hire. If that were true, wouldn't he have been snatched up by somebody before this? UF didn't even bother with him. UCLA, who is right up the road, never bothered with him. Nobody else in the coaching search even mentioned him (except maybe UT).

I think a lot of it is based on the fact it's known he grew up a die hard Nole fan and FSU is his dream job (Jimbo resigned a year too late). You're correct, it's not a home-run hire and it is definitely a risk, BUT it's a risk I'm willing to take as I see great potential with him and his staff. What do we have to lose? We're coming off a 5-6 season with the worst DC and O-Line coach in the country. Liz, you'd be an upgrade at this point.

I won't deny that Kelly was my first choice. He was the home run hire that would have put us back in the middle of the national discussion from Day 1. But sometimes the girl you have a crush on isn't interested.

I think Mullen will do fine, he may be able to get us rolling the way I thought Kelly would have, but it will be a lot more work than Kelly would have had to put in.

I think a lot of it is based on the fact it's known he grew up a die hard Nole fan and FSU is his dream job (Jimbo resigned a year too late). You're correct, it's not a home-run hire and it is definitely a risk, BUT it's a risk I'm willing to take as I see great potential with him and his staff. What do we have to lose? We're coming off a 5-6 season with the worst DC and O-Line coach in the country. Liz, you'd be an upgrade at this point.

My recruiting skills are questionable at best.

This is such a ****ing weak ass argument.

Lets make an analogy. We asked the two smoking hot chicks to prom and now we are taking the cute girl. You didn’t even bother asking the smoking hot chicks and went straight formthe cute girl. If ypu are honest with yourself you would have contacted Frost if a few others whouldn’t have found out that he is headed to Nebraska.

For you to act like we somehow are on ‘choice three’ and you somehow landed your ‘choice one’ is just misleading and dishonest. You are just late to the party so you look like a hero hooking up with the chubby girl because all the good looking ones are already with someone

That's some great spin. There's about a 1000 pg. thread on UF/ Kelly and/ or Frost but sure we'll go with your story, since it makes you feel better.

That's some great spin. There's about a 1000 pg. thread on UF/ Kelly and/ or Frost but sure we'll go with your story, since it makes you feel better.

Whats my story. Yeah, fans wanted Kelly and Frost. That was my point. But we ended up with choice 2/3. But no shame in trying to hit a homerun with those guys, and it doesn’t diminish the hire. If we went straight to Mullen does that somehow make him a better coach?

Last edited:
Taggart’s best record at Western Kentucky was 7-5. He lost to ULM, ULL, FAU, Middle Tennessee, and Central Michigan in his third year there when they should have been at their best.

I do think he’s a good recruiter but there is nothing on his resume as of yet that suggests he’s a very good coach. He’s an unknown in that regards.

Charlie Strong has a better resume than Taggart and nobody is gung ho on Strong.

Taggart’s best record at Western Kentucky was 7-5. He lost to ULM, ULL, FAU, Middle Tennessee, and Central Michigan in his third year there when they should have been at their best.

I do think he’s a good recruiter but there is nothing on his resume as of yet that suggests he’s a very good coach. He’s an unknown in that regards.

Charlie Strong has a better resume than Taggart and nobody is gung ho on Strong.

Great insight! Western Kentucky should never lose to the likes of those scrubs. Do not want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT