ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl game

Originally posted by gatorRAD:
That's why I only gave him 4 toilet bowl blow-ups instead of 5.....give me a break, he has literally destroyed the last 2 fall excursions of family gatherings in the Swamp for us . bye bye Jeffy
I can't say I'm enamored with Jeff's play. He is the product of coach Muschamp's tenure. No qb mentored by Muschamp while he was here ever developed properly. I think Muschamp thought qb development meant screaming at his qb at the top of his lungs while glaring at him with looks to kill, then patting him on the back with a "we will get em next time".

So Muschamp was running the offense AND developing the QBs?

Interesting...I don't remember him being there today.

Originally posted by HardeeWildcatFan:
Noles take note UF won their bowl game!!!!
no-answer.gif

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:
So Muschamp was running the offense AND developing the QBs?

Interesting...I don't remember him being there today.
Muschamp was the one stable element at Florida during Jeff's time here. Mr. Foley certainly thought Muschamp was accountable for the entire team including the offense. It is the primary reason Muschamp will be coaching at Auburn next season.

Well, not pretty, but all considered, I will take it! And wow, 2015 is already an incredible year...f$u loss, and a Gators win!

Oddly, that damned Idaho game would have made us 8-5 this year. Throw in the way we clutched defeat from the jaws of victory against both LSU and USCe, and we could have been 10-3 and would have won the East.

Not to mention if we could have capitalized off of all the turnovers in the FSU game...or hell...if Treon doesn't throw that pick 6 from the 6 yard line, we would have beaten FSU and gone 11-2.

Not to play the "what if" game, but simply pointing out how crazy that is. We were a thunderstorm, dropped TD, blocked punt, and interception away from an 11-2 season.

And it would have allowed a TCU Oregon matchup and kicked that worthless FSU squad out of the playoffs.

Treon Hurt/Re: Bowl game

On 1/3 3:30 PM, 'ifuain...orbait' asked, probably with a sense of, um, urgency (#959):
Harris injured?
Yes. Mick Hubert announced that to his listeners a little after the time that this topic reached its 2nd page, so a little after 3 p.m. EST (which I think would be 2 p.m. CST for fans at the game in Birmingham). What kind of injury? I don't think he ever said, not even in the postgame, but I suppose a few moments of inattention would've been enough to miss any update.

Thus Driskel's unexpectedly extensive playing-time in the 2nd half.

I have been saying it for awhile that Fulwood and Lane can play. They need some PT and some coaches that will believe in them and run some plays for them. I think Lane has a good chance to be our starting RB next year and Grier will be the QB. If McGee gets his 6th year I think we will have a few weapons on offense. Not sure about the oline though. McElwain will use Robinson, Fulwood and Powell in the passing game.

Oddly, that damned Idaho game would have made us 8-5 this year. Throw in the way we clutched defeat from the jaws of victory against both LSU and USCe, and we could have been 10-3 and would have won the East.

Not to mention if we could have capitalized off of all the turnovers in the FSU game...or hell...if Treon doesn't throw that pick 6 from the 6 yard line, we would have beaten FSU and gone 11-2.

Not to play the "what if" game, but simply pointing out how crazy that is. We were a thunderstorm, dropped TD, blocked punt, and interception away from an 11-2 season.

And it would have allowed a TCU Oregon matchup and kicked that worthless FSU squad out of the playoffs.
The close losses are good examples of a Muschamp coached team. Play it close to the vest and rely on defense. No margin for error. That approach worked well in 2012. Not so much the other four years.

That stuff mostly evened out for us this season. We could have easily lost the KY and Tenn games. I wonder if the committee would have still put Baylor over TCU in that last poll if it was for 4th place instead of 5th.

Our record was essentially the same as Auburn, Oklahoma, Stanford and Tex A&M, all with 5 losses...interesting.

Driskel has some seriously bad juju. As soon as he comes in, guys start dropping balls. That's how it was all year. Every game, he'd get a couple of atrocious drops that would kill any momentum and get the other team going until the roof caved in. It wasn't all his fault, but the result was the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT