ADVERTISEMENT

Beating Las Vegas

Mt.DoraGator

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2013
I was checking out Fan Duel this afternoon and found a few interesting bets.
For the Gators to win National Championship +30,000 (300-1) A hundred bucks to win $30,000
Gators to make the playoffs +2000 (20-1)
But the interesting one to me is the Florida-Georgia line, Georgia is favored by 21 today. Last year at gametime Georgia was a 22,5 point favorite and Georgia won by 23 (ain't it amazing how often the final spread is close to the outcome?)
But the reason I would take the Gators today +21 is at some point between now and the game this spread is going to change. Georgia's first seven games are arguably more difficult than Florida's first seven: Georgia; Clemson, Tennessee Tech, Kentucky, Alabama, Auburn, Miss State then Texas.
Florida first seven: Miami, Samford, TAMU, Miss State, UCF, Tennessee and Kentucky.
I am thinking that early in the season Georgia might not look as good as they really are, and the Gators may actually look much better (especially thru game 5). So perhaps the line will go down at some point, then take Georgia minus the points and it may be possible to get a significant straddle bet.

Reactions: gatorspeed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News