ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball

Well, it’s fairly obvious from your post that you don’t know the answers to those questions either, so I doubt those were your criteria. As far as signing bonus, I don’t know what Byrne signed for, but the average mid first round pick last year got $4 million while the mid third round pick got $150k. So extrapolate that to the 14th round and you’ll have some idea of what Byrne got. Robinson signed a dual contract with the Wizzards and d league and was actually rostered in the NBA last year, so I believe his contract is in the $100k range but I’ll do some more digging. I also have no idea who’s closer to a degree, but I doubt UF tuition would be prohibitive for either if they wanted to finish school. I’m not sure what criteria you’re using to determine who’s “more likely” to come back for their degree, except to say that I suspect it’s based on the “difference” that I referenced in my last post.

As far as your reference to who got drafted, as Ocala has already pointed out, it’s laughably ill considered given that the NBA draft has two rounds for teams with 12-man rosters while the mlb draft has 40 rounds to fill 25-man mlb rosters and basically limitless minor league spots.
Byrne got a signing bonus of $260,000. India got $5.3 million.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT