ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Recruit Class Ranking

instaGATOR

Bull Gator
May 29, 2001
Florida's 2021 recruiting class has been ranked No. 1 in all of college baseball, marking the 7th time in the last 11 seasons that the Gators have earned a top-6 ranking from Perfect Game.

But jus-damn on all of the other SEC Top 10's....

1. UF

2. VU

4. Ark

5. TN

7. UA

9. SCa

Reactions: gatordad3
Recently ranked as the #1 recruiting class in the country by Perfect Game, Florida's 2021 incoming class features 16 freshmen and one 4-year college transfer.

Individually, Caglianone comes to the Orange and Blue as the #33 overall recruit in the nation on top of being the #6 player and #1 LHP in Florida.

Jac Caglianone LHP/1B joins the Orange and Blue as a FACA All-American and two-time all-state honoree at Plant High School (Tampa), having batted .371 with 3 HR's while pitching to a 2.44 ERA with 65 strikeouts across 37.1 innings as a senior.

Caglianone was previously tabbed as the 2020 MLB Sirius XM Two-Way Player of the Year and also earned a spot in the 2020 Perfect Game All-American Classic.

Recently ranked as the #1 recruiting class in the country by Perfect Game, Florida's 2021 incoming class features 16 freshmen and one 4-year college transfer.

Individually, Caglianone comes to the Orange and Blue as the #33 overall recruit in the nation on top of being the #6 player and #1 LHP in Florida.

Jac Caglianone LHP/1B joins the Orange and Blue as a FACA All-American and two-time all-state honoree at Plant High School (Tampa), having batted .371 with 3 HR's while pitching to a 2.44 ERA with 65 strikeouts across 37.1 innings as a senior.

Caglianone was previously tabbed as the 2020 MLB Sirius XM Two-Way Player of the Year and also earned a spot in the 2020 Perfect Game All-American Classic.

We'll have to wait to see Caglianone. He had Tommy John surgery and will miss the upcoming season.

Fall practice started earlier this week and they've already had 2 scrimmages. Sterlin Thompson playing 3B a lot and Kris Armstrong is being given a look there as well. Hunter Barco and Brandon Sproat appear to be tabbed as our 2 aces and Kevin O'Sullivan told Steve Russell that Nick Pogue is making a lot of progress with his rehab and is hoping to have a big 2022. The catcher transfer from Coastal Carolina is getting a solid look behind the plate, as the catching position is deep with Mac Gussette returning and freshman Rene Lastres highly touted. Not sure if Cal Greenfield is still with the team, as he hasn't participated in this week's practices.

Reactions: instaGATOR
They are scrimmaging georgia the night before Fla-ga game here in Jax. Going to head over and check them out.

Take a look at the softball recruiting classes for 2022 (#1 & #3 players) & 2023 (#1, #2, #3, #11 & #13 players). Powerhouse group, especially 2023.

Take a look at the softball recruiting classes for 2022 (#1 & #3 players) & 2023 (#1, #2, #3, #11 & #13 players). Powerhouse group, especially 2023.
Baseball and Softball seasons ended in very disappointing fashion last season. Not sure what to expect with either this spring. As mentioned baseball has a strong group coming in but softball class is somewhere around 10-15 I believe.

Play for each other as a TEAM, and they'll have a chance to be great...

Baseball and Softball seasons ended in very disappointing fashion last season. Not sure what to expect with either this spring. As mentioned baseball has a strong group coming in but softball class is somewhere around 10-15 I believe.
I saw on 1 site where our 2021 class ranked #12, but for the 3-year period from 2019-2021, the Gators recruiting ranked #2 in the nation behind only Oklahoma. https://247sports.com/college/oklah...021-Recruiting-Totals-and-Rankings-149299857/
Tim Walton brought in 15 players during this time with an average national player ranking of 55.78, with 4 players among the Top 10 recruits, plus 3 more in the Top 50. With Covid still keeping rosters larger than normal, he only signed 4 high school players this past year, with P Lexi Delbry being the #7 player in the country, C Cali Decker a Top 25 ranked player and SS Reagan Walsh #44. And don't sleep on OF Kendra Falby, a member of the Canadian U19 National Team. Decker is good friends and travel ball teammate of the #1 player in the 2023 class, Mia Williams, daughter of ex-Gator BB player Jason Williams. Pretty good group, IMO, but with all the returning starters, it's going to be hard for any of them to get a lot of playing time. With pitchers Lugo, Highsmith & Trlicek, back, plus Danni Farley back on the team, plus a JUCO transfer pitcher and Haley Pittman entering her sophomore year, pitching should be very competitive and deep. I expect Trlicek to emerge as a major contributor this year. Starting lineup will be Hannah Adams at 2nd, Charla Echols at 3rd, Skylar Wallace at SS, Julia Cottrill at C, OF Cheyenne Lindsay and Baylee Goddard, Avery Goelz either at 1st or in the OF. That leaves 1 slot open in the field plus DH, for any 2 of Emily Wilkie, Kinsey Goelz, Sarah Longley, Kali Reis, Mia Buffano, Bryn Thomas, Decker, Falby & Walsh. I would be Wilkie gets one of the 2 open starting spots, but we'll see how it plays out. All in all, the last 2 years have been disappointing considering the high ranking recruits we've had on the team. But he's brining in a bunch of great players over the next 2 years, so the program is still in excellent shape.

I saw on 1 site where our 2021 class ranked #12, but for the 3-year period from 2019-2021, the Gators recruiting ranked #2 in the nation behind only Oklahoma. https://247sports.com/college/oklah...021-Recruiting-Totals-and-Rankings-149299857/
Tim Walton brought in 15 players during this time with an average national player ranking of 55.78, with 4 players among the Top 10 recruits, plus 3 more in the Top 50. With Covid still keeping rosters larger than normal, he only signed 4 high school players this past year, with P Lexi Delbry being the #7 player in the country, C Cali Decker a Top 25 ranked player and SS Reagan Walsh #44. And don't sleep on OF Kendra Falby, a member of the Canadian U19 National Team. Decker is good friends and travel ball teammate of the #1 player in the 2023 class, Mia Williams, daughter of ex-Gator BB player Jason Williams. Pretty good group, IMO, but with all the returning starters, it's going to be hard for any of them to get a lot of playing time. With pitchers Lugo, Highsmith & Trlicek, back, plus Danni Farley back on the team, plus a JUCO transfer pitcher and Haley Pittman entering her sophomore year, pitching should be very competitive and deep. I expect Trlicek to emerge as a major contributor this year. Starting lineup will be Hannah Adams at 2nd, Charla Echols at 3rd, Skylar Wallace at SS, Julia Cottrill at C, OF Cheyenne Lindsay and Baylee Goddard, Avery Goelz either at 1st or in the OF. That leaves 1 slot open in the field plus DH, for any 2 of Emily Wilkie, Kinsey Goelz, Sarah Longley, Kali Reis, Mia Buffano, Bryn Thomas, Decker, Falby & Walsh. I would be Wilkie gets one of the 2 open starting spots, but we'll see how it plays out. All in all, the last 2 years have been disappointing considering the high ranking recruits we've had on the team. But he's brining in a bunch of great players over the next 2 years, so the program is still in excellent shape.
No question Walton has done a fantastic job. Program is in great hands.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Impressive!!
Yes! Most impressive!
thumb_impressive-most-impressive-58238968.png

In other Gator news, congrats to Jonathan India, the NL rookie of the year.
I believe that the Gators have just become the only team to ever have 2 MLB RoY alums in a 3 season span.

2019 Rookie of the Year hitting 53 HR's, plus he also won the Home Run Derby.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Julia Cottrill has entered the transfer portal. She was the #3 national recruit in the 2019 signing class and will be a big loss for the Gators. But her Dad is an assistant coach at Oklahoma State and we have 2 catchers on the roster to replace her. Still, a big loss if she does leave.

Julia Cottrill has entered the transfer portal. She was the #3 national recruit in the 2019 signing class and will be a big loss for the Gators. But her Dad is an assistant coach at Oklahoma State and we have 2 catchers on the roster to replace her. Still, a big loss if she does leave.
I hate to see it but I understand. Hope her good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT