ADVERTISEMENT

Baldwin and armorer charged with involuntary manslaughter.

Gee, but Alec said he didn't pull the trigger.
He is a liar. This will be EASILY proven wrong by the prosecution. He is so F'n STUPID like most every lefty about firearms...he does not understand that unless that gun is broken(which it was not or we would have known already) it is IMPOSSIBLE for it to fire unless the trigger is pulled tight

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
They may have a chance with that charge. If only one is convicted I think it will be the armorer.

You could knock me over with a feather, thought they would pin it on the armorer.

My thoughts were if they did charge her they would charge him also. I think he is the one more likely to beat the charge at trial though than her. It was crazy how negligent she was reading some paperwork on the stuff. I am sure his defense will be this is how it's done on sets in reality.

Remember the "hair gel" Mary grabbed from Ted's ear lobe?

theres-something-about-mary-cameron-diaz.gif

Finger shouldn't be on the trigger and even on a peacemaker you still have to pull the trigger. All that fast hammer stuff you see in the movies was done custom to the gun after purchase and was highly unsafe, which is why they invented the hammer thong.

Last edited:
Gee, but Alec said he didn't pull the trigger.
He should also be charged with reckless endangerment. And especially aggravated assault on the the guy that was injured. I don't want to hear some plea deal where he's on probation with no prison time.

If his finger was resting on the trigger and then he cocked the hammer, boom.
So if this was a gun newer than about the 50's, they have a safety mechanism that the trigger has to be fully pulled, or the firing pin will not hit the ammo round. My Dad showed me this when I was about 5 yrs old by putting a pencil down the barrel eraser first, and pulled the hammer back and taped the trigger to make the hammer go forward...the pencil did not move, even though the eraser was up against the firing pin. Then he did the same while depressing the trigger fully..and the pencil jumped a few inches. Libs have NO CLUE about this...and is exactly why Baldim lied. Little does he know, this will be proven in court that the trigger HAD to be fully depressed for the gun to fire. This was demonstrated on a S&W chief special .38 caiber revolver...about a late 50's early 60's model

Let's settle this, the FBI firearms expert says this particular gun could only be fired if the trigger was pulled and Baldwin made a statement that he cocked the hammer. Which means his dumbass pulled the trigger.

Let's settle this, the FBI firearms expert says this particular gun could only be fired if the trigger was pulled and Baldwin made a statement that he cocked the hammer. Which means his dumbass pulled the trigger.
There will be a demonstration in court like I mention above...it will be the nail in the coffin

Reactions: EvilWayz
There will be a demonstration in court like I mention above...it will be the nail in the coffin
It's most likely an 1850s design but the new single action army style guns have a transfer bar. The original versiOns were so touchy gunfighters kept them hammer down on an empty chamber.

Last edited:
So if this was a gun newer than about the 50's, they have a safety mechanism that the trigger has to be fully pulled, or the firing pin will not hit the ammo round. My Dad showed me this when I was about 5 yrs old by putting a pencil down the barrel eraser first, and pulled the hammer back and taped the trigger to make the hammer go forward...the pencil did not move, even though the eraser was up against the firing pin. Then he did the same while depressing the trigger fully..and the pencil jumped a few inches. Libs have NO CLUE about this...and is exactly why Baldim lied. Little does he know, this will be proven in court that the trigger HAD to be fully depressed for the gun to fire. This was demonstrated on a S&W chief special .38 caiber revolver...about a late 50's early 60's model
Not only did he lie about the incident he lied about being ignorant of handling firearms. He knew full well you never point a firearm at anyone unless you intend to use it in self-defense.

If I were prosecuting this imbecile I would start by saying: If Mr. Baldwin had been smoking and fell asleep inadvertently burning his house down, that would not be arson but he's still without a home and he was responsible for the fire.

I wonder what will happen here. I wouldn't be that surprised if the courts ruled that person couldn't be a special prosecutor since they are a state legislator looking at that statute but I would like to see rulings in other states with similar statutes and if any make exceptions for a special prosecutor assigned to a case. If there was a chance of this happening you think they would have researched this enough not to make a mistake like that.

I wonder what will happen here. I wouldn't be that surprised if the courts ruled that person couldn't be a special prosecutor since they are a state legislator looking at that statute but I would like to see rulings in other states with similar statutes and if any make exceptions for a special prosecutor assigned to a case. If there was a chance of this happening you think they would have researched this enough not to make a mistake like that.
This is just BS...by this reasoning, a prosecutor can only work on half the cases, seeing the Country is composed of Democrats and Republicans. ("moderates" are counted as democrats by their actions for all examples here)

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
This is just BS...by this reasoning, a prosecutor can only work on half the cases, seeing the Country is composed of Democrats and Republicans. ("moderates" are counted as democrats by their actions for all examples here)

That isn't the argument though. The argument is New Mexico doesn't allow you to serve 2 branches at once according to the statute. I think the Courts would have to rule somehow a special prosecutor is different from the elected office.

I know by reading a lot of FL case law that Judges like to look to other states if the issue hasnt been taken up in their state courts yet.

Here is what they are basing it on: New Mexico Constitution

"The powers of the government of this state are divided into three distinct departments, the legislative, executive and judicial, and no person or collection of persons charged with the exercise of powers properly belonging to one of these departments, shall exercise any powers properly belonging to either of the others, except as in this constitution otherwise expressly directed or permitted."

Last edited:
Reactions: bradleygator

He can appeal this to the cows come home, he's not getting his way this time. Just another stall tactic.

He can appeal this to the cows come home, he's not getting his way this time. Just another stall tactic.

Just reading that part in the Constitution I would think there may be an issue but you can never trust articles like that to be telling you the whole truth either on whether something like this has been permitted before in New Mexico. It looks like they made her the special prosecutor a little before she won that election for the New Mexico House in November.

• Wow

Baldwin is facing a charge of involuntary manslaughter as well as a “firearm enhancement” in connection with the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. The enhancement carries an additional five-year penalty for discharge of a firearm in the course of a felony.

But that enhancement did not become law until May 2022, seven months after Hutchins was killed. That raises a question about whether a judge would allow prosecutors to pursue that additional five-year term.

First Judicial District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies and her appointed special prosecutor, Andrea Reeb, are reviewing the issue, said a spokeswoman for the office.
--------------------------------------------

Another issue here supposedly with his higher charge not existing at the time of the shooting

Reactions: BCSpell
Damn son how old is that shogun? That's a slam fire and allegedly they don't do that anymore.
It was an Ithaca 20 gauge pump, circa 1972 or so. I traded it in on a Browning auto 12 (which got stolen when my home got burglarized when I was at work).

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Interesting you brought this up. I quit using a pump shotgun because sometimes I would eject the shell with my finger still on the trigger. Not only pissed me off but scared the TF out of me when the next round went off.

I've done it. Luckily I was wearing my brown pants.

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII

I guess the prosecutors are having to drop the enhancement charge which allowed 5+ years instead of 18 months. Starting to wonder if this special prosecutor isn't the brightest lawyer around if the case law in New Mexico is as clear as some claimed that you can't retroactively apply a new law like that.

Curious to see if that special prosecutor is ousted eventually for being a legislator also. I don't think New Mexico has established case law on that with this situation but that stuff in their constitution seems to suggest that may not be allowed.

• Angry
Reactions: gatordad3
It seems like everyone that can is trying to help get him off. He is 100% guilty of negligent homicide. Imagine if this was one of us...we would be in jail right now. Tired of the lefty double standard

It seems like everyone that can is trying to help get him off. He is 100% guilty of negligent homicide. Imagine if this was one of us...we would be in jail right now. Tired of the lefty double standard

I agree he was an idiot but that armorer is the most at fault here imo. We know from the past these actors rely on them 100% almost to assure the gun is safe to use for the scene. I guess this case will change things finally though as I don't remember an actor being charged in past cases but maybe I am forgetting a case. Some claim him saving money led to this but that is no excuse for the armorer not even doing the bare basics to confirm the ammo etc. What a jury does here is hard to say since the charge is limited to 18 months since New Mexicos previous 3 year add on for firearms wouldnt apply here either. I think a jury nails the armorer for sure but it will be 50/50 on him once they put all those people on the stand saying how these movie scenes were going down in reality. I think if it was a more serious charge he would have at least got a hung jury for sure.

Yes, his negligence resulted in someone dying no different result than if he murdered her. I hope they also sue him for every nickel he has in civil court. The man is a piece of trash.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
I agree he was an idiot but that armorer is the most at fault here imo. We know from the past these actors rely on them 100% almost to assure the gun is safe to use for the scene. I guess this case will change things finally though as I don't remember an actor being charged in past cases but maybe I am forgetting a case. Some claim him saving money led to this but that is no excuse for the armorer not even doing the bare basics to confirm the ammo etc. What a jury does here is hard to say since the charge is limited to 18 months since New Mexicos previous 3 year add on for firearms wouldnt apply here either. I think a jury nails the armorer for sure but it will be 50/50 on him once they put all those people on the stand saying how these movie scenes were going down in reality. I think if it was a more serious charge he would have at least got a hung jury for sure.
What? That's ridiculous. Yes, live ammo should never have been in the weapon but it's not like a grown man playing around with a loaded weapon is the same as a child finding a weapon lying on the table.

What? That's ridiculous. Yes, live ammo should never have been in the weapon but it's not like a grown man playing around with a loaded weapon is the same as a child finding a weapon lying on the table.

No but actors in realty have been relying on the other people to make sure the gun doesn't have live ammo and I can't remember a case where they got charged before when this same thing happened but I might be forgetting a case. Like I said above the charge being 18 months max might get him convicted but I still think he might get a hung jury. They didnt do themselves any favors hiring someone running as a Republican for the legislature also as that will make a lefty more likely to hold out in a jury I would think. That is if the special prosecutor isn't ruled to be illegal according to the New Mexico constitution.

Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT