ADVERTISEMENT

Baldwin and armorer charged with involuntary manslaughter.

I agree he was an idiot but that armorer is the most at fault here imo. We know from the past these actors rely on them 100% almost to assure the gun is safe to use for the scene. I guess this case will change things finally though as I don't remember an actor being charged in past cases but maybe I am forgetting a case. Some claim him saving money led to this but that is no excuse for the armorer not even doing the bare basics to confirm the ammo etc. What a jury does here is hard to say since the charge is limited to 18 months since New Mexicos previous 3 year add on for firearms wouldnt apply here either. I think a jury nails the armorer for sure but it will be 50/50 on him once they put all those people on the stand saying how these movie scenes were going down in reality. I think if it was a more serious charge he would have at least got a hung jury for sure.
So HE hired the armorer. Secondly, he refused to listen during safety training right before she was shot. He was on his cell phone, and refused to listen. Imaging if you or I did the same thing. Lastly..I do not CARE if someone checked the gun before. ANY gun safety class teaches the person receiving the gun from someone else HAS to check it. YOU assume responsibility when someone hands you a gun. EVERY safety class teaches you to treat EVERY gun as being loaded, and to NEVER point at another and pull the trigger. HE PULLED THE TRIGGER, and it will be very easy to prove this

Reactions: NavigatorII
So HE hired the armorer. Secondly, he refused to listen during safety training right before she was shot. He was on his cell phone, and refused to listen. Imaging if you or I did the same thing. Lastly..I do not CARE if someone checked the gun before. ANY gun safety class teaches the person receiving the gun from someone else HAS to check it. YOU assume responsibility when someone hands you a gun. EVERY safety class teaches you to treat EVERY gun as being loaded, and to NEVER point at another and pull the trigger. HE PULLED THE TRIGGER, and it will be very easy to prove this

I know just saying I think a jury could be swayed by hollywood people coming in and saying in reality despite anything claimed the actors rely on the armorer and the set people to give them a gun without live ammo.

I know just saying I think a jury could be swayed by hollywood people coming in and saying in reality despite anything claimed the actors rely on the armorer and the set people to give them a gun without live ammo.
What does a blank look like? I have no idea. I've been sitting this one out and seeing how it plays out. Baldwin has a TON of personal civil liability, as does his company. Criminal liability? I'm not sure for Baldwin unless it can be proved he switched ammunition to live bullets. I can't stand the asshole so I won't cry if he goes to jail for 20 years. He is not a good person but that's not news. I just don't know if manslaughter is a just charge for the jackass, even as much as I dislike the guy.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
No but actors in realty have been relying on the other people to make sure the gun doesn't have live ammo and I can't remember a case where they got charged before when this same thing happened but I might be forgetting a case. Like I said above the charge being 18 months max might get him convicted but I still think he might get a hung jury. They didnt do themselves any favors hiring someone running as a Republican for the legislature also as that will make a lefty more likely to hold out in a jury I would think. That is if the special prosecutor isn't ruled to be illegal according to the New Mexico constitution.
Actors are taught to aim away from the head and center mass even with blanks in a weapon.

What does a blank look like? I have no idea. I've been sitting this one out and seeing how it plays out. Baldwin has a TON of personal civil liability, as does his company. Criminal liability? I'm not sure for Baldwin unless it can be proved he switched ammunition to live bullets. I can't stand the asshole so I won't cry if he goes to jail for 20 years. He is not a good person but that's not news. I just don't know if manslaughter is a just charge for the jackass, even as much as I dislike the guy.
A blank can kill you as evidenced by Brandon Lee when filming the movie Crow.

Especially at close range, powder burns. I was always taught never point a weapon at something that you don't intend to shoot, I'm still that way, hardwired from youth.
My years in the military and law enforcement taught me that but my father taught me to never point a gun at anyone unless you intend to kill them.

This guy is a punk needs his ass kicked just like the other ginormous lib from New York named DONNIE

HUGE difference, and if you do not know, you should treat it as a REAL loaded gun. And YES, he 100% should be charged w manslaughter...he was VERY, VERY negligent

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
It will reduce the chance of a mistrial and be one less thing to appeal.
What exactly did the judge do wrong? Sounds as if he's judge shopping to me. I detest the POS, but TBH I don't know if this deserves a manslaughter charge unless it can be proven gross negligence or intent on his part. I know, I know, that goes against the greater good here of ridding us of a completely useless slimeball. 😂

What exactly did the judge do wrong? Sounds as if he's judge shopping to me. I detest the POS, but TBH I don't know if this deserves a manslaughter charge unless it can be proven gross negligence or intent on his part. I know, I know, that goes against the greater good here of ridding us of a completely useless slimeball. 😂
There is PLENTY of negligence from what I have read. PLENTY. He brushed off the safety class and was on his cell phone for one. And I will bet you in that safety class, it was explained that when someone hands you a gun, you MAKE SURE there is no live ammo in it. AND there were REAL, live rounds all over the set. WHY would this be allowed. AND he LIED. It WILL be proven that he actually pulled the trigger, while pointing the gun directly at the victim. NO REASON EVER for that to happen. I am not a lawyer...and I think I could win this case.

Prosecutor.

Shes in the state legislature I believe and an ADA.

Prosecutor just stepped down.

So the idiots besides adding an enhancement originally to the charge they should have known couldn't apply retroactively didn't bother reading the state constitution and had a special counsel that was likely to win their election causing this. To any lefty on the jury they will have these news headlines on their mind in deliberations and be more likely to see him being charged as political.

There is PLENTY of negligence from what I have read. PLENTY. He brushed off the safety class and was on his cell phone for one. And I will bet you in that safety class, it was explained that when someone hands you a gun, you MAKE SURE there is no live ammo in it. AND there were REAL, live rounds all over the set. WHY would this be allowed. AND he LIED. It WILL be proven that he actually pulled the trigger, while pointing the gun directly at the victim. NO REASON EVER for that to happen. I am not a lawyer...and I think I could win this case.
This^^^his actions were reckless no matter what anyone else did before his actions. every protocol of safety with a firearm was ignored.

So now they are saying the special prosecutor (who never should have been appointed) and stepped down because it became an illegal status to serve in that role e-mailed the state atty how it would help in their election being made the special prosecutor. With that on the news you can very likely rule out a conviction now for Baldwin if any of the lefties see that on the news. Bordering on crooked lefty behavior with their screw ups on this case.

• Angry
Reactions: gatordad3
Feel bad for the victims families but the POS acting career is over. Nobody would have watched that last stupid movie he was in before he capped two people.

I still cant believe they were crazy enough to appoint someone running for office the special counsel for the case knowing what the law there says on that. The same with getting the publicity for having to drop the large enhancement charge knowing that he was already grandfathered in where that couldn't apply to him. I think all of that likely would have guaranteed no conviction with the Dems on the jury.

• Angry
Reactions: gatordad3
I knew this was going to happen. Money talks VERY loud.....they work under different laws than we do. He 100% is responsible for negligent homicide. Carelessness caused that lady to lose her life, and HE was in charge AND pulled the trigger. If this would have been someone without money/connections...they would be behind bars for a long time.

I knew this was going to happen. Money talks VERY loud.....they work under different laws than we do. He 100% is responsible for negligent homicide. Carelessness caused that lady to lose her life, and HE was in charge AND pulled the trigger. If this would have been someone without money/connections...they would be behind bars for a long time.

The one I hold even more responsible based on how things work in reality on these sets (the armorer) likely gets a pass now also since they are dropping the case against him.

The one I hold even more responsible based on how things work in reality on these sets (the armorer) likely gets a pass now also since they are dropping the case against him.
He hired the armorer. He refused to listen during the safety training, and was seen texting on his cell phone. HE pulled the trigger. I do not care if 20 armorers checked the gun...HE pointed it at someone...and pulled the trigger. That is not the armorers fault. Then he lied about pulling the trigger. I could have been the prosecuting attorney and won this case. It is such a shame

Add this to the list of bullshit I really don't care about. Baldwin is a washed up POS, I couldn't care less. Very low on the totem pole of effs to give, unlike the Biden Crime cartel going down in flames.

Reactions: greyghost14
He hired the armorer. He refused to listen during the safety training, and was seen texting on his cell phone. HE pulled the trigger. I do not care if 20 armorers checked the gun...HE pointed it at someone...and pulled the trigger. That is not the armorers fault. Then he lied about pulling the trigger. I could have been the prosecuting attorney and won this case. It is such a shame

I don't think anyone could now with how it was handled and those things being all over the news and social media but I was always a little skeptical even besides that if they could convict Baldwin himself with a manslaughter charge after the defense brought in all the hollywood people to tell the jury how it works in reality where they are relying on the armorer to have actually done their basic job and make sure no real rounds are in the gun. Maybe without the bad publicity they could have gotten that involuntary manslaughter charge with the 18 month max sentence on him but I wouldnt be real confident they would have. I think the armorer could be nailed for that charge easily by a jury though.

Add this to the list of bullshit I really don't care about. Baldwin is a washed up POS, I couldn't care less. Very low on the totem pole of effs to give, unlike the Biden Crime cartel going down in flames.
I don't either, I just posted in case others hadn't read the story.

But to your request, I have added this story to "The List of Bullshit that @NavigatorII Doesn't Care About".

Done and done, anything else I can do for you sir ?? ;):cool:

The conservative concern about this has been comical since day 1

The gun was modified so its possible it could have misfired...reasonable doubt

The conservative republican prosecutor in the case publicly suggested political corruption involved in prosecuting Baldwin

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/21/arts/andrea-reeb-alec-baldwin.html
Ex-Prosecutor in ‘Rust’ Case Suggested Role ‘Might Help’ Her Campaign
Andrea Reeb, part of the team that charged Alec Baldwin with manslaughter, wrote in an email in June that the case could help her campaign for the state legislature.

Ms. Reeb, a former district attorney who was a Republican candidate for the state’s House of Representatives, wrote to Mary Carmack-Altwies, the Santa Fe County district attorney who chose her for the case, that she did not plan to inform the press about her appointment.

“At some point though,” Ms. Reeb went on in the email, “I’d at least like to get out there that I am assisting you … as it might help in my campaign lol.”

Since then, Ms. Reeb won her election and, as the special prosecutor on the case, was part of the team that brought involuntary manslaughter charges against the actor Alec Baldwin, who was holding the gun that discharged on the “Rust” set on Oct. 21, 2021, killing the film’s cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins.

I guess comments like those make Alvin Bragg corrupt but a republican prosecutor
Nah. 🤣

The conservative republican prosecutor in the case publicly suggested political corruption involved in prosecuting Baldwin

Andrea Reeb, part of the team that charged Alec Baldwin with manslaughter, wrote in an email in June that the case could help her campaign for the state legislature.

Ms. Reeb, a former district attorney who was a Republican candidate for the state’s House of Representatives, wrote to Mary Carmack-Altwies, the Santa Fe County district attorney who chose her for the case, that she did not plan to inform the press about her appointment.

“At some point though,” Ms. Reeb went on in the email, “I’d at least like to get out there that I am assisting you … as it might help in my campaign lol.”

Since then, Ms. Reeb won her election and, as the special prosecutor on the case, was part of the team that brought involuntary manslaughter charges against the actor Alec Baldwin, who was holding the gun that discharged on the “Rust” set on Oct. 21, 2021, killing the film’s cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins.

I guess comments like those make Alvin Bragg corrupt but a republican prosecutor
Nah. 🤣

You must not have read where I said what the heck were they doing when their state constitution says what it does and the rest.

You must not have read where I said what the heck were they doing when their state constitution says what it does and the rest.

I wasn't reslly responding to you in particular...

I really couldn't give a rat ass about the whole Baldwin family. I'm from Long Island...I know.

But the whole conservative bubble fascination with him is over his satire & comments about donald trump
Not the facts of this case

And when the case gets dropped here comes all of the expected whining about corrupt decisions

You know what rich elitist conservatives never seem to say gets preferential treatment in the 2 tiered justice system?

You guessed it...donald j trump

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
I wasn't reslly responding to you in particular...

I really couldn't give a rat ass about the whole Baldwin family. I'm from Long Island...I know.

But the whole conservative bubble fascination with him is over his satire & comments about donald trump
Not the facts of this case

And when the case gets dropped here comes all of the expected whining about corrupt decisions

You know what rich elitist conservatives never seem to say gets preferential treatment in the 2 tiered justice system?

You guessed it...donald j trump

That is comical when he has been constantly attacked and impeached etc with made up crap. No one in politics has ever had the entire apparatus sent after them like that because he dared to be POTUS while not being a uni-party crook.

Nah. 🤣
What he did was completely reckless and you are busy defending his actions. You, are the one that makes everything political no one else would ignore this terrible incident.

That is comical when he has been constantly attacked and impeached etc with made up crap.

Made up crap? 🤣

No one in politics has ever had the entire apparatus sent after them like that because he dared to be POTUS while not being a uni-party crook.

Clintons have been impeached, involved in sex scandal, and accused of involvment in financial corruption.

I don't know if trump has been accused of murder like the Clintons but they've been prosecuted from the early 90s to this day...3 decades

trump followers are crying about political persecution in the last 7-8 years?

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT