ADVERTISEMENT

At least FSU lost

And the one nice thing about going to a toilet bowl is the competition is easier, so 8 wins isn't out of the question.

Moving the goal posts again? You seem to be implying that an 8 win season is demonstrably better than a 7 win season. You have also argued that last year was the standard for a decent year, and by doing so, defining the minimum necessary for a decent season.

Reactions: mcanes
So we were ranked in the top 5 preseason and now are scratching around hoping for 6 wins. A business executive who produced results like this would soon find themselves in the unemployment line.

As bummed out as the Gator faithful may be, they came into the year with much lower expectations than the Seminoles.
Truth is truth

Reactions: seffnergator
Moving the goal posts again? You seem to be implying that an 8 win season is demonstrably better than a 7 win season. You have also argued that last year was the standard for a decent year, and by doing so, defining the minimum necessary for a decent season.

Is 8 wins not better than 7 wins?

And when did I say that 8 wins is a decent season? Unless FSU miraculously wins out, there's virtually no chance of what I consider to be a good season. Barely making the post season is merely "not disgraceful," which is probably the most realistic bar that FSU can reach this season.

I do not argue that Jimbo is worse the Jim. He clearly is not. I argue that Jimbo is not a great coach.
You may prove to be right...but the phrase 'great coach' is subjective. I'm not saying that he's great...but he's pretty damn good. He has had a great run the past few years and if you would have told me that we get Jimbo after Meyer leaves and we win a National title and be a top program over the past 5-7 years then I would take it in a minute. FSU has been a very good program IMO and they are in a position to be immediately better because of their talent.

Reactions: seffnergator
Jimbo is another average coach that doesn't get near the best out of the more talented teams than his opponents, he's just like all these SEC coaches now in the conference...

Reactions: mcanes
Not the last three.

Three years ago FSU was in the playoff after an undefeated regular season and conference championship.
Last year they won the Orange Bowl, defeating Michigan.
They've finished the season in the AP top15 the last three years.
How big is the pool of teams that can claim more than that in the last three seasons?

It is better. But not notably so.

You only implied it.

Top five preseason and having a 3-3 record is not disgraceful?

Preseason polls are irrelevant and only exist for media churn. In 2013, FSU wasn't even ranked in the top 10 and ended up at #1. The only polls that matter are the final regular season poll that determines which bowl you go to and the final AP ranking.

Weren't we ranked 11th? Pretty much shows that preseason rankings mean shit.

Preseason rankings are just more entertainment. For assessment you want to consider the post season rankings. Over the last four seasons only Bama, Ohio State, Florida State and Clemson have finished in the AP top15 each year.
That kind of consistency isn't as automatic as people seem to think it should be.

I do not argue that Jimbo is worse the Jim. He clearly is not. I argue that Jimbo is not a great coach.

You keep bringing out this straw man. We get it. Jimbo is a B+ coach. He is not GOAT-tier. He doesn't have the Saban/Meyer magic to elevate a team to be substantially more than the sum of its parts, but when the stars are aligned, he can win championships. That's the difference between good and great. That may not sound like much, but most coaches can't even do that.

Three years ago FSU was in the playoff after an undefeated regular season and conference championship.
How big is the pool of teams that can claim more than that in the last three seasons?
Hey, how is that working out for you NOW!???

Tap your heels three times and keep repeating that to yourself as the losses keep piling up.

Last edited:
You keep bringing out this straw man. We get it. Jimbo is a B+ coach. He is not GOAT-tier.

It is not a straw man if you agree to it. Which it seems like you do.

... but when the stars are aligned, he can win championships. That's the difference between good and great. That may not sound like much, but most coaches can't even do that.

Tap your heels together three times and keep repeating that to yourself. When are those star going to be aligned next?

This year is an embarrassment to FSU. We are actually quite glad that you sycophants cannot see it. It just means more of the same.

Preseason polls are irrelevant and only exist for media churn. In 2013, FSU wasn't even ranked in the top 10 and ended up at #1. The only polls that matter are the final regular season poll that determines which bowl you go to and the final AP ranking.

I agree pre season rankings do not mean much. But about those post season rankings. How well do you think FSU will do this year?

You keep bringing out this straw man. We get it. Jimbo is a B+ coach. He is not GOAT-tier. He doesn't have the Saban/Meyer magic to elevate a team to be substantially more than the sum of its parts, but when the stars are aligned, he can win championships. That's the difference between good and great. That may not sound like much, but most coaches can't even do that.

Jimbo is not better than Harbaugh, if that's the jim you're talking about.. any others don't exist to me anymore

Hey, how is that working out for you NOW!???

If you want to talk about the disappointment of losing two one possession games after losing our starting QB in opener, we can. I was just addressing your comment regarding "the last three".
But if you'd like to move the goal post, go ahead.
Just a discussion.

Trust me...I hate the Noles and most of their fans...and I love that they are terrible this year....but I think that they've been riding pretty high the few years before this one...it's just my opinion.
Give MJ some slack, he's got one play and he's going to play it...

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
If you want to talk about the disappointment of losing two one possession games after losing our starting QB in opener, we can. I was just addressing your comment regarding "the last three".
But if you'd like to move the goal post, go ahead.
Just a discussion.
I am quite sure you guys felt sorry for us when we were down to a third string QB for two consecutive years.

I am quite sure you guys felt sorry for us when we were down to a third string QB for two consecutive years.

I don't expect anyone to feel sorry about it. But if they're rational they'll realize it makes a difference in expectations.
FSU put a QB out on the field who ended up having a fractured foot because the 3rd stringer couldn't handle a snap.
Record book just shows a loss to Houston.

Michigan, FSU and Clemson aren't the only teams that will lose games without their #1 QB.

Winning the ACC and beating both rivals is a great season to me. Winning the ACC and beating one rival is good. If we dont win the ACC, its a bad season. Even if we win out by 100-0 every game. Its still a bad season. Now, this could become the greatest season of all time if we get rid of Trickett and fire Charles Kelly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT