ADVERTISEMENT

Any idea about the Hurricane Irma hitting Florida this weekend?

It's nearly a century too late to remedy the elevation of Davis Island, which in reality, is a real-estate development created by landfill in Tampa Bay. Its canals are only approx. 8--10 ft. above the water level of the Bay.

The really bad news for emergency first response is that Tampa's premier hospital: Tampa General, has grown into a megamedical-center that's right on the "island" side of the (main) bridge to Davis Island. At the same 8--10 ft. elevation above the water level of the Bay.

Seems a lot like having a region's premier hospital situated on top of a major earthquake fault line.
Where in the world have you been, mister?!?!?!? A major storm on our doorstep, and all of the sudden CompuGator shows up!?!?! A coincidence, perhaps. You are like a super hero returning to restore order.

Last edited:
After being sentenced to eternal isolation by BBB, Pass and Mod Council, a series of galactic events i.e. Eclipse, Harvey,Irma led to shifts in tectonic plates realeasing compugator from his middle Earth prison to take on Insta in the only realm big enough to handle the battle - The ITG Forum.

After being sentenced to eternal isolation by BBB, Pass and Mod Council, a series of galactic events i.e. Eclipse, Harvey,Irma led to shifts in tectonic plates realeasing compugator from his middle Earth prison to take on Insta in the only realm big enough to handle the battle - The ITG Forum.

time to print this on a plaque

We are getting the absolute shit pounded out of us in Melbourne. Cannot imagine a Cat 5! This is insane!!!!!!!

In Vero it was technically 53 sustained winds but we got a crap load of 70 - 78 mph gusts out of this thing. Lost power at about 10:30 and got it back at about 5:30 this morning.

No power. Tons of tree-type and nonstructural damage. Could have been much worse, but that amount of wind and rain sure was surprising considering it entered at Naples as a Cat 3 or 4. Pretty much worse than Matthew. Really didn't think it was gonna be that bad. A direct hit from a Cat 5 would all but certainly destroy sadgator estate. It is impossible to imagine what that would be like.

sadgator has tons of canned soup and a full propane tank, so he is all set. Without the AC, sadgator is excited that he will get to see mrs. sadgator all hot and sweaty for the first time in quite a while! #irmaperks

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
Sweaty, hot, hair up, and power tools in her hands...man, oh man, sadgator was smitten.

It definitely gets humid and sticky down south below that Mason-Dixon Line.

I like it with the grass cut low, big mountain tops, and the valley below.

Sadgators "wife" is his beard.:p
God smiled upon sadgator this afternoon gentlemen. sadgator is once again the king of sadgator estate...

sadgator figured out the magic combination...Facial hair, natural disaster recovery/protecting the homestead, heavy wood, lag bolts, cuts and blisters, and sweat...and the kids away for the afternoon at friend's homes...

Reactions: TennesseeGator
God smiled upon sadgator this afternoon gentlemen. sadgator is once again the king of sadgator estate...

sadgator figured out the magic combination...Facial hair, natural disaster recovery/protecting the homestead, heavy wood, lag bolts, cuts and blisters, and sweat...and the kids away for the afternoon at friend's homes...
I told you that libby in the herb garden look wasn't going to work. Now look at ya being all beastly and scoring.

:D:D:D:D

Our neighborhood in Ocala just got power back tonight at 7:30. Lots of folks still out. Our daughter lives outside of Gainesville with 2 little ones and they may be 2 more weeks without electricity. And hundreds or thousands in the Gainesville/Ocala area are flooded out with record heights of area rivers. It's been a long week and lots more going on than a football game. Radio here has reported that Gainesville area motels have been evicting some who came up from South Florida because of prior reservations from UT/UF fans coming in for the game. These people have nowhere to go except drive until they find an area with vacancies and it kinds of puts things in perspective for me. Football just ain't that important right now.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
And you're the one waving the flag of "they should play football no matter what"

Yep and after they shut me off the next morning I found out I would have had power back by the next day like my neighbors across the street but the out of state electric guys left without flipping us back on like the neighbors. Saw a friend Wednesday who knew someone from FPL and he asked him if he could take a look when he could and he drove through the neighborhood the next day and had our power back on just a few minutes later. So when people claim during these things the power people forgot to switch them back on it is true sometimes I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT