ADVERTISEMENT

Any idea about the Hurricane Irma hitting Florida this weekend?

-MDVOL

Bull Gator
Nov 1, 2013
I saw a tracking model where it was set to hit south Florida after tearing up the islands. But they said it could make a northward turn and come up the Gulf Coast of Florida and die out after going through Pensacola and South Ga.

Grab the plywood and bottled water if it happens.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I have a bunch of neighbors and friends that were planning on going to the Memphis/UCF game but word is that game will be rescheduled or dates moved or possibly moved to a neutral site.

This one sounds bad.

Trust sadgator...there are two things he equally obessesses about tracking...the computer modeling of the paths of these freakin' storms and mrs. sadgator's menstrual cycle. Both are his passion.

It is gonna pull up east...however....it is gonna be close enough to scare the shit outta everyone tomorrow.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
We may end up seeing a repeat of Hurricane Donna:
donna-track_0.gif

Reactions: rdgtr
UCF just rescheduled to 630 Friday night - that is what UF needs to do even though there will be some empty seats. The thing doesn't get here till Sunday in S Florida and if someone is wanting to evacuate they can catch the game on their way out.

Been through 10 hurricanes in pensacola. Never seen anything like this. Ivan and opal were worst. Andrews hurricane winds went out 50 miles. Irma's extend 150 to 200 miles. If it were to hit smellyassee, hurricane winds would extend from pensacola to jax. The storm is 600 miles wide. Unprecidented.

Been through 10 hurricanes in pensacola. Never seen anything like this. Ivan and opal were worst. Andrews hurricane winds went out 50 miles. Irma's extend 150 to 200 miles. If it were to hit smellyassee, hurricane winds would extend from pensacola to jax. The storm is 600 miles wide. Unprecidented.

Last report I saw said a little over 60 miles out and about 160 miles for tropical storm winds so they would be spared from real bad damage if it was directly in the middle of those 2 towns

Trust sadgator...there are two things he equally obessesses about tracking...the computer modeling of the paths of these freakin' storms and mrs. sadgator's menstrual cycle. Both are his passion.

It is gonna pull up east...however....it is gonna be close enough to scare the shit outta everyone tomorrow.

East of what?

I will say if this thing doesnt hit and UCF plays Fri night and we cancel it will make us look stupid for the decision. No reason to cancel now except to say some BS like it wouldn't feel right and heck the people in danger like myself want to see the damn game on TV.

It's the traffic on the road thing. You can't put 90k people on the road when half the state is under an evacuation order. It is a tough spot for UF. The weather will be fine Saturday, but it is all about logistics.

Of course if 90k people were actually planning to go to this game, that would be the most shocking piece of news...probably more like 45k.

They probably should try to play it Friday night just for the sake of getting it in.

It's the traffic on the road thing. You can't put 90k people on the road when half the state is under an evacuation order. It is a tough spot for UF. The weather will be fine Saturday, but it is all about logistics.

Of course if 90k people were actually planning to go to this game, that would be the most shocking piece of news...probably more like 45k.

They probably should try to play it Friday night just for the sake of getting it in.

There are ways around if a few people need to go a little South after the game ends.

There are ways around if a few people need to go a little South after the game ends.
Ummm, maybe in nearly empty southbound lanes of I-75, Florida Turnpike, I-95, I-4?

Or is the in-state majority on ITG assuming that Gov. Scott (or other state officials) will usurp those southbound lanes (sooner or later) to increase capacity for northbound traffic? Altho' that's doäble for limited-access highways, I suspect that such lanes would be highly impractical to try to usurp along the quaint driver-neglected surface-roads of the "U.S." and state highway systems (especially those that are municipal "Main Streets").

Last edited:
Ummm, maybe in nearly empty southbound lanes of I-75, Florida Turnpike, I-95, I-4?

Or is the in-state majority on ITG assuming that Gov. Scott (or other state officials) will usurp those southbound lanes (sooner or later) to increase capacity for northbound traffic? Altho' that's doäble for limited-access highways, I suspect that such lanes would be highly impractical to try to usurp along the quaint driver-neglected surface-roads of the "U.S." and state highway systems (especially those that are municipal "Main Streets").

I hope they don't change anything to do with the game now. I doubt many S FL people are going unless evacuating north.

Yeah. That 5pm advisory really caught sadgator off-guard. Not so sure any more. Still think it is going east, but guess what...sadgator just dug out the drill bits....here we go...say a prayer folks.

You and I are neighbors. I think you said you're in Vero...I'm in Melbourne...same boat pretty much.

Hope it misses both of you as well as my favorite yearly spot in Cocoa Beach

Reactions: sadgator
Yeah. That 5pm advisory really caught sadgator off-guard. Not so sure any more. Still think it is going east, but guess what...sadgator just dug out the drill bits....here we go...say a prayer folks.

You and I are neighbors. I think you said you're in Vero...I'm in Melbourne...same boat pretty much.

GSF just took a real slight Eastern move but its still pretty close to the coast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT