ADVERTISEMENT

And now...The Game Thread

I like Reese, liked him the first time I saw him play in the UK game 2nd half...I think that's his name, him and Johnson played well... front 4 did a really good job today like I said they needed to

Impressed with how well the new guys played and there were even more after the injuries we had in the 1st half. To me Appleby is a better QB than Del Rio. Stronger arm, can run a little and seems to read the defenses better and makes the right throw, except for the 1 that got picked. Overall, I was pleased. And Vandy still has a shot at beating Tennessee. Unless LSU self destructs against us, I think our chances of winning that game are slim, especially with the guys we've got out. Ruins our depth and stamina big time.

The front 4 won us the game. The linebackers didn't have to do much and even on some of their dropbacks I saw those guys trailing in coverage but the line got to Bentley before he could make us pay.

If we could stop shooting ourselves in the foot we would have won that game at least 34-0 or so.

I see improvement in many areas, and in spite of the injuries, I was happy with the performance

1st start Reese Fr 11 Tlks and 2nd start Johnson rsFr 7 Tkls, both played very well imo.
The entire wounded defense played together and held up their end of the game,,, all you can ask.

Musclecramp as the Gator HC 28-21 (.571)

McElwain 17-6 so far (.739)
Even if he loses the next 3, 17-9 (.654)

I haven't given up on the Mc-staff yet, but they are still going to be hunting for a QB, sooner or later.... o_O

Now, IF you liked what Appleby 6-4 240 4.8/40 did vs SCa,
then consider Trask 6-4 238 4.6/40 as a 4 year Gator starter. ;)

QB Austin Appleby went 17 of 21 (80.9%) for 201 yds, 2 TD's, 1 Int, 1 Fum.
I'm very happy for backup QB Austin Appleby Grad-Sr. He had a career day for him, on his 1st and last ever start in the SWAMP, so good for him. :)

Bentley - 8 of 18 (44.4%)for 83 yd in the first 3 quarters while UF took a 20-0 lead.
He went 10 of 16 (62.5%) in the 4th quarter to finish 18 of 33 (54.5%) for 213 yds with an Int. and a Fum. He also got sacked 5 times and was hurried 7 times by the Gator's injury riddled defense. So he had a nice 4th quarter, but too little too late....
He suffered the same fate's as Drew Lock and Jacob Eason did vs UF's D. :oops:

The Gator D came in without their two starting ILB's Davis & Anzalone, and lost DE Cox and AA FS Maye during the game. They also lost the OC Jordan Soph game starter , who was a backup to previously lost OC Dillard rsJr, leaving 3rd string OC McCoy rsFr to play all but the 1st snap of the game. They also lost LT Sharpe Jr to injury early in the game. :(

Mc-staff's saving grace for me so far is this: "I know our guys will play their tails off. I really like these guys. I like our team. I like the way they care about each other."

But one thing Mc needs to keep in mind when he talks down to 'the noise in the system.' He needs to remember what happened to Zook who said; "It's all just noise in the system." o_O

PS
Alabama and Saban have been so good in recent years that this year they will finally catch up to Florida in SEC-C game appearances with 9, that is IF UF loses to LSU next week...
Otherwise, if they meet in the SEC-C again this year it will be UA-9, to UF-10. :p --- :D

The front 4 won us the game. The linebackers didn't have to do much and even on some of their dropbacks I saw those guys trailing in coverage but the line got to Bentley before he could make us pay.
Agree, but Reese had 11 tackles....not too shabby.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT