ADVERTISEMENT

And just when it seems like things couldn’t get any worse….the NCAA decides to end college sports…

I don't actually hate it. If nothing else, we will have a level playing field. It got old, fighting uphill against the cheaters year after year. Honestly, if we never had the idea of amateur athletics and schools had just done whatever, Alabama football (and Kentucky basketball) would have been nothing special. It was the willingness to cheat that allowed those schools to excel, nothing more.

Reactions: bradleygator
I don't actually hate it. If nothing else, we will have a level playing field. It got old, fighting uphill against the cheaters year after year. Honestly, if we never had the idea of amateur athletics and schools had just done whatever, Alabama football (and Kentucky basketball) would have been nothing special. It was the willingness to cheat that allowed those schools to excel, nothing more.
UCLA hoops as well.

Boys in Birmingham ran cover for Saban throughout the years. My favorite was Jonathan Allen who said he took a pay cut coming from Bama to the NFL. He later said he was joking...

• Haha
Reactions: GatorNation79
Boys in Birmingham ran cover for Saban throughout the years. My favorite was Jonathan Allen who said he took a pay cut coming from Bama to the NFL. He later said he was joking...
That was certainly part of it, but Bammer were known as serial cheaters before he got there because they just went around waving fat stacks of cash. Saban was smarter, he came in and made them hide it under the table and pass it through an Auntie first.

Reactions: Countygator1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT